Reaction score
If wait any longer, might as well get FM 2018? :o

Will hit up Clonezz soon...

$55... :s22: :bandit:

laVp8CN.jpg

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Predrag really zzz. Can never get him a permit in England. Guess I just have to go for Timo Horn. Just ended first season with Everton. Managed a 5th position. Really isolated. The 4th position and 6th are at least 10points away from me.

Last edited:

fi5hbone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha i found this article resemble the most to the real life El Cholo's tactic

and i simply love AM's way of grinding out 1-0s in game lol

How is your game coming along?

My Leeds save is now in January 2016 and am in 4th place, 6th points off the top. My defensive record has not been at great as I had hoped, and my goal difference is at 12 compared to Aston Villa which stands at 28. I had let in 22 goals which is a rather decent record compared to Aston Villa who had let in 20 goals thus far. The worst record is Preston who had let in 45 goals.

I think that Leeds might not really have the players to churn out the kind of games that Atletico plays. They have players with high work rates, technique, decisions, which Leeds unfortunately does not really have. So I had to make some tweaks and play much more defensively than what AM plays in order to make it work.

If you are still playing your Leeds save, will love to hear how things are going!

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those of you who focus heavily on youth development, say if I have a 16 year old who I think has potential to be a good player and wants to give him time in first team games. His attributes are nowhere near first team, not even near U23s yet. Only suitable for U18. How do you guys give him first team games ?

Say bring him on for the last 15mins or so, I normally move him to first team but let him be available for U18. But when want to take him into squad, he is always involved in another match that day or just finished a match the previous day and fitness not good. How do you guys deal with this ?

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Predrag really zzz. Can never get him a permit in England. Guess I just have to go for Timo Horn. Just ended first season with Everton. Managed a 5th position. Really isolated. The 4th position and 6th are at least 10points away from me.

I've managed to get a permit for him somewhere close to end of second season But that was buying him, sending him out on loan as a key/first team player in a decent league in a decent team, cant remember which and he was getting games and got Called up and Got Capped a number of times. That's when a permit may get approved. All these depends on somehow these conditions:

1) Make sure the person you are trying to get the work permit for is a first team member of a nation ranked in the top 70 for at least three consecutive months, including the month you are attempting to get the permit. The more highly ranked the team the better your chances. This also applies for the youth teams.

2) Under 20 games don't matter towards a work permit...has to be competitive full internationals (not friendlies).

Have a read here on rl permit tiers
http://www.ehow.com/list_6797349_work-permit-rules-english-football.html

Let me get you an official guide to getting a WP

Last edited:

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quick and easy way to get a WP: (once player has signed without one)

1) Loan him out to your feeder club, if you do not have one, ask the board for one! If you do not have a feeder club, List him for Loan and offer him on Loan to the biggest league biggest team where they would give him at least first team duties and Will Play him and get him games

2) during his loan period at the feeder club offer him new contracts at least once a month, this will initiate the WP process all over again, sometimes you get lucky while he is playing 1st team football at the Feeder club and his WP will be granted...

3) he will be granted one after the alloted time it takes to get a WP playing at the Feeder club/Loan Club

General rules on WP:

Players without this work permit are ineligible to play in the Premier League or for any other member of the Football League. The foreign player's club must apply for the work permit, or Governing Body Endorsement, on his behalf. To have the work permit approved, the club must prove the foreign player complies with all of the regulations set forth by The Football Association.

International Appearances

Any foreign player who seeks a work permit must have appeared in at least 75 percent of his national team's competitive A matches during the previous two years. A competitive A match includes the World Cup, World Cup qualifying and any other match played in the country's federation. If the player has not fulfilled this requirement for any reason, the club must provide written evidence documenting the player's injury history.

National Team Ranking

The player's national team must also be ranked in the top 70 in the official FIFA world soccer rankings. The Football Association averages the monthly FIFA rankings over a two-year period to assess whether the player meets this requirement. The national team ranking regulation ensures the prospective player comes from a strong international playing background.

League Membership

The club cannot apply for a work permit on the player's behalf unless it is a member club of the Premier League or the Football League. Work permits are only granted to players in these leagues, so his parent club must be a proper member to receive the work permit.

Length of Work Permit

When the club's initial application has been approved, the player is granted a valid work permit for a maximum of three years or the length of his contract, whichever is shorter. If the player's contract exceeds three years, the club may file extensions in two-year increments.

In relation to Fm:

The players with higher potential ability have more chance to obtain a work permit.

The most important criteria is playing competitive (not friendly) international matches. During the two years preceding the date of application, a player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive A team matches he was available for selection. If the player isn't selected for the international matches due to suspension or injury, this will be taken into consideration when applying the criteria.

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those of you who focus heavily on youth development, say if I have a 16 year old who I think has potential to be a good player and wants to give him time in first team games. His attributes are nowhere near first team, not even near U23s yet. Only suitable for U18. How do you guys give him first team games ?

Say bring him on for the last 15mins or so, I normally move him to first team but let him be available for U18. But when want to take him into squad, he is always involved in another match that day or just finished a match the previous day and fitness not good. How do you guys deal with this ?

1. Have him as one of your Subs so that he won't be selected for the U23s or U18s. If he is 16, he can't be offered out on loan yet to the best you can is to play him for at least 20mins each game you can afford to play him. But you can't always afford to have him as a Sub and keep giving him the 20-30mins he needs in some games.

2. Once he turns 17, you list him on loan and sent him to the best league with him preferably being a key player and at least a first team player. Never a rotational player. Only sent on 3mths loan with option to recall in case the screwed up loan team AI manager didn't play him despite loaning him as first team player. Then you can recall him and give him a better loan out where he get games. Keep checking on him monthly or after a few games to see that he is also getting games week in and out. This is what he needs. Once he returns on loan, keep sending him out to the best and biggest league you can afford and ensures he gets played. Preferably being in England that another country. After 2-3 seasons his PA should have increase significantly to be your proper Sub I think.

Last edited:

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also if you are choosing a WP Feeder Club, the best one would be one with 0 Players then comes one with the least players. This ensures that the player you need a WP for and sent to the WP Feeder Club, get games he need to get called up for a Cap or to further his chances of getting a WP on appeals or re-contracts. He will get some games even if his PA is so low that he can only be a backup player in the WP feeder.

If you choose one with a load of players already, even those who are first team caliber may not get his games when loaned to your WP feeder.

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quick and easy way to get a WP: (once player has signed without one)

1) Loan him out to your feeder club, if you do not have one, ask the board for one! If you do not have a feeder club, List him for Loan and offer him on Loan to the biggest league biggest team where they would give him at least first team duties and Will Play him and get him games

2) during his loan period at the feeder club offer him new contracts at least once a month, this will initiate the WP process all over again, sometimes you get lucky while he is playing 1st team football at the Feeder club and his WP will be granted...

3) he will be granted one after the alloted time it takes to get a WP playing at the Feeder club/Loan Club

General rules on WP:

Players without this work permit are ineligible to play in the Premier League or for any other member of the Football League. The foreign player's club must apply for the work permit, or Governing Body Endorsement, on his behalf. To have the work permit approved, the club must prove the foreign player complies with all of the regulations set forth by The Football Association.

International Appearances

Any foreign player who seeks a work permit must have appeared in at least 75 percent of his national team's competitive A matches during the previous two years. A competitive A match includes the World Cup, World Cup qualifying and any other match played in the country's federation. If the player has not fulfilled this requirement for any reason, the club must provide written evidence documenting the player's injury history.

National Team Ranking

The player's national team must also be ranked in the top 70 in the official FIFA world soccer rankings. The Football Association averages the monthly FIFA rankings over a two-year period to assess whether the player meets this requirement. The national team ranking regulation ensures the prospective player comes from a strong international playing background.

League Membership

The club cannot apply for a work permit on the player's behalf unless it is a member club of the Premier League or the Football League. Work permits are only granted to players in these leagues, so his parent club must be a proper member to receive the work permit.

Length of Work Permit

When the club's initial application has been approved, the player is granted a valid work permit for a maximum of three years or the length of his contract, whichever is shorter. If the player's contract exceeds three years, the club may file extensions in two-year increments.

Very in depth! Thanks! Unfortunately, I turned down a chance to sign Predrag because I could not get a WP for him. Might try again in the winter window!

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. Have him as one of your Subs so that he won't be selected for the U23s or U18s. If he is 16, he can't be offered out on loan yet to the best you can is to play him for at least 20mins each game you can afford to play him. But you can't always afford to have him as a Sub and keep giving him the 20-30mins he needs in some games.

2. Once he turns 17, you list him on loan and sent him to the best league with him preferably being a key player and at least a first team player. Never a rotational player. Only sent on 3mths loan with option to recall in case the screwed up loan team AI manager didn't play him despite loaning him as first team player. Then you can recall him and give him a better loan out where he get games. Keep checking on him monthly or after a few games to see that he is also getting games week in and out. This is what he needs. Once he returns on loan, keep sending him out to the best and biggest league you can afford and ensures he gets played. Preferably being in England that another country. After 2-3 seasons his PA should have increase significantly to be your proper Sub I think.

It is "better" to have a younsters coming off the bench for first team football for 15-30mins than have him played for 90mins in the U18s ? More play time equivalent better , no ?

If I purely keep him for sub appearances, wont his match fitness go down since he is ultimately getting lesser football now ?

fi5hbone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why would you want to give him first team games?

Injury crisis?

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
Why would you want to give him first team games?

Injury crisis?

Exposure to get minutes under his belt. Or you totally leave him out of first team until the age of 18 ?

I also one and off try to get my 16 years old Tobias Svendsen some First Team minutes and he had been doing pretty well.

Anyway, is the Game Developer going to resolve the Memory Leak issue at all or wait till FM2018 before they might do so?

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is "better" to have a younsters coming off the bench for first team football for 15-30mins than have him played for 90mins in the U18s ? More play time equivalent better , no ?

If I purely keep him for sub appearances, wont his match fitness go down since he is ultimately getting lesser football now ?

30mins or so of Competitive games are better than 90mins of friendly/u23s/u18s games where all aren't sort of considered competitive under FM AI. It will help him develop better.

It's not too difficult to monitor your u18 and u23 fixtures to slot him into the sub list when needed. You release him from sub list during your international breaks or cl games where he can't play etc. Should be good enough.

But the best is to loan him out to a good league 1 or championship team which will play him week in and out for first team.

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FOOTBALL MANAGER 2017 -- UPDATE 17.2.1*CHANGE LIST
===================================================
STABILITY & PERFORMANCE
----------------------------------------------
- Fixed freeze on social media screen

ps. It's 111 MB, it's not such a small update.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.