iOs/Android Final Fantasy Record Keeper [JAP]

Vvix

Reaction score
So lucky you guys got OSB relics... the OSBfest ended with no OSB for me.. :(

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
So lucky you guys got OSB relics... the OSBfest ended with no OSB for me.. :(

save some mythrils for 2nd Anniversary festival...
there will be 2 OSBs per banner
quite high chance to get I think :)

personally I prefer BSBs though, esp if going to tackle Torment dungeons.

Last edited:

Vvix

Reaction score
Guys... the banner will be here soon... how many mythrils and gems have you prepared to throw at Cid Raines BSB? :s22:

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
gxgx!
Deployment Tactics is amazing for v high level battles... especially multi-player raid!

kolehcai

Master Member
Reaction score
Gxgx, i feel that the shield is one of the best relics around.

Anyway, i don`t think i will draw for cid raines BSB with tactics so near with the thunder god coming along

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
wah the Barthandelus MP-Raid was intense...

first time the team won, everybody so happy, then realize nobody do magic/armor break... so no Master :s13:
Cid Raines BSB doesn't seem great here though... always the 1st to die in the teams that had him.
-30% RES is no joke against a magic-heavy boss... reminds me of Luneth's Advance.

Last edited:

kolehcai

Master Member
Reaction score
wah the Barthandelus MP-Raid was intense...

first time the team won, everybody so happy, then realize nobody do magic/armor break... so no Master :s13:
Cid Raines BSB doesn't seem great here though... always the 1st to die in the teams that had him.
-50% RES is no joke... reminds me of Luneth's Advance.

I cant play MP, keeps disconnecting lol
How you play sia? On emulator or phone

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
I cant play MP, keeps disconnecting lol
How you play sia? On emulator or phone

used to play on phone.
Switched to emulator around OSB fest final phase... now much better, more stable and of course better connection (non-wifi) :)

but if you need fast response (e.g. regular event U++), use phone better.
moving mouse to target and clicking to select abilities increases response time.
MP is no problem since only control 2 char, but I always switch back to phone for U+/++.

Last edited:

Vvix

Reaction score
did yolo 11 x pull on FF XIII banner 2

got 1 x Hope OSB and 2 x Cid Cloak :s13::s13:

Did 3 x 11 pulls and also got Hope OSB and Raines SSB (but not his BSB)... sigh... :(

Also got Serah SSB, Sazh SSB and Snow SSB. Synergy is great, got my first OSB, but no Raines BSB.... sigh... :(

Am I able to form a viable mage team with what I have so far?

• Hope OSB (DPS)
  • Terra BSB, SSB (both DPS)
  • Serah SSB (Party MAG+ MND+ Haste), Unique (Self Reduce Cast 4)
  • Edea (Party MAG+ Haste)
  • Raines SSB (Self Reduce Cast 4, MAG+ RES+ Doom)

Should I continue to chase Raines BSB??? :(

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
with an OSB, you can consider dropping one char, and have a Wrath+Entrust battery (e.g. Tyro with Battleforge RM: 2 wrath = 1 SB bar) so that you can just keep spamming the OSB.

With the mage boosts that you have, it's easy to hit 99,999.

During MP-Raid (Apocalypse), I activate Hope BSB for enHoly followed by OSB... with a 30% mag boost from someone else in the team, I can already hit 99,999 most of the time. No boost = around 60-70K damage.

PS: Full-Mage team is not just about having BSBs. You'll find that it's v difficult for mages to build SB bars (unlike physical w/ LifeSiphon). You'll need to have many high level abilities (minimum 4* and at least a few 5*) and high hones so that you can deal SSB level damage until you have build the SB bars (you may need multiple copies too)... by that time, most likely the battle is already at least 1/2 way through.
I find that using Mako-Might/Dr Mog teachings RMs to activate pure-damage type BSBs are not worth it (it's more efficient to use +DMG/ATK/MAG). These RMs are better used for boosts/Wall.

Last edited:

kolehcai

Master Member
Reaction score
with an OSB, you can consider dropping one char, and have a Wrath+Entrust battery (e.g. Tyro with Battleforge RM: 2 wrath = 1 SB bar) so that you can just keep spamming the OSB.

With the mage boosts that you have, it's easy to hit 99,999.

During MP-Raid (Apocalypse), I activate Hope BSB for enHoly followed by OSB... with a 30% mag boost from someone else in the team, I can already hit 99,999 most of the time. No boost = around 60-70K damage.

PS: Full-Mage team is not just about having BSBs. You'll find that it's v difficult for mages to build SB bars (unlike physical w/ LifeSiphon). You'll need to have many high level abilities (minimum 4* and at least a few 5*) and high hones so that you can deal SSB level damage until you have build the SB bars (you may need multiple copies too)... by that time, most likely the battle is already at least 1/2 way through.
I find that using Mako-Might/Dr Mog teachings RMs to activate pure-damage type BSBs are not worth it (it's more efficient to use +DMG/ATK/MAG). These RMs are better used for boosts/Wall.

mage teams are expensive to maintain as what you said.
They require high hones plus squishy.

I rather do physical, just rely on lifesiphon and SB

kolehcai

Master Member
Reaction score
Did 3 x 11 pulls and also got Hope OSB and Raines SSB (but not his BSB)... sigh... :(

Also got Serah SSB, Sazh SSB and Snow SSB. Synergy is great, got my first OSB, but no Raines BSB.... sigh... :(

Am I able to form a viable mage team with what I have so far?

• Hope OSB (DPS)
  • Terra BSB, SSB (both DPS)
  • Serah SSB (Party MAG+ MND+ Haste), Unique (Self Reduce Cast 4)
  • Edea (Party MAG+ Haste)
  • Raines SSB (Self Reduce Cast 4, MAG+ RES+ Doom)

Should I continue to chase Raines BSB??? :(

don`t chase bro. Raines BSB is not game breaking, orlandu is :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.