Do you have a horrible mother in law ( wife side)

HeiHeiHei

Master Member
Reaction score
So you don't agree with ur mum on that? Is she aware?

Yes my wife and I don't agree with her methods but my wife doesn't want to start a quarrel with in-laws so I'm always the one saying my mum. Whenever i say her, she doesn't listen. My mum is the kind where she hearsay from her colleagues or friends did this and that and it works on their grandchild leh... we should try it on our son too.

HuaiNR

Master Member
Reaction score
My MIL is very easygoing and is currently helping me to take care of my 2 kids. Really grateful for that.

My FIL on the other hand, is the epitome of "pattern more than badminton"...

grapefruitjuice

Reaction score
Yes my wife and I don't agree with her methods but my wife doesn't want to start a quarrel with in-laws so I'm always the one saying my mum. Whenever i say her, she doesn't listen. My mum is the kind where she hearsay from her colleagues or friends did this and that and it works on their grandchild leh... we should try it on our son too.

Yup it's better for you to say it to your mum.
Got explain to her why some things doesn't necessary work for your son? Or is she just plain stubborn?

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My mil still ok for now because they are the jiang dao li kind. My mum is more of the f up one... stubborn like a bull, keep insisting on old people way of doing things regarding our baby/her grandchild.

She is the type will burn Kim Zhua into water and let baby drink? Or use own saliva to cool down the porridge. You go to work, she will do a lot of stubborn things behind your back.

americanhippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha my MIL is those a bit sampat kind, very nice and don't give problem ... Heng ah.

My mum on the other hand, was a horror to my wife.. but now tone down a lot a lot liao

duameatball

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
She is the type will burn Kim Zhua into water and let baby drink? Or use own saliva to cool down the porridge. You go to work, she will do a lot of stubborn things behind your back.

When eating outside I still see grandmothers cooling/testing porridge with their mouth. Damn gross

HeiHeiHei

Master Member
Reaction score

Oh ya, you reminded me about something recently. She really brought back some fu shui/holy water from the temple and asked my 5 months old son to drink. Of course i stopped her.

Micki78

Banned
Reaction score
My mother in law came to my house and took my small golden 18k buddha and throw it away. Is this considered a crime act.

TrollAndOgres

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure there are more than a couple of divorce cases caused largely of MIL issues.

duckie_15

Reaction score
MIL so far is ok but FIL big NO! Sibeh pantang... go cut hair also must see the tong book if good day for cut hair. Give name for grandchildren must go calculate one, also needa avoid using same words and pronunciation with all the zhang bei(be it alive and passed away). Not even coming for baby shower or hospital to visit. Heard from some colleague that old folks feel child birth is consider dirty. Kaoz

I stay only 2mths with them then pack my luggage and left. Say my panty suai husband cannot touch. Nv use brain to think where he himself come out from... from ** lor

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.