AFTERSHOCK PC - Now featuring Nvidia 10 series graphics cards!

Reaction score
website isnt up yet but they already have the announcement vid for the "MX15" (probably cant call it M-15 V3 cos its a new chassis), i guess its not a 13/14 inch chassis like previously thought. More interestingly this MX15 chassis used is the Gigabyte Sabre 15 shown at CES17 rather than a recognisable clevo barebone (but the Sabre's keyboard has the standard layout of clevo's shortcuts printed on it so i dunno)

IMO theres nothing noteworthy about this current refresh besides the possible new 120Hz display for the 15 inch models (supposedly) and of course the 1050 providing a new budget minded option but IMO the competition is gonna be super fierce on this GPU with even non gaming laptops like dell inspirons having it.

kaby lake just isnt that much of a performance jump from previous CPU generation, as has been the case for a couple of years now.

I'll say Q3 is usually the best time (in recent years) for looking at notebook refreshes because thats when nvidia chooses to refresh their GPU lineup. Years ago during the kepler generation, they chose to announce new GPUs in Q1/Q2 but have since moved to Q3, last year pascal came particularly early, in time for Comex

Just checked their refreshed site, ALL their models are now Kaby Lake -equipped, with Intel HM175 Mobile Express Chipset (Skylake-based units uses the HM170 Mobile Chipset), meaning you can't have Intel Optane Tech (which is exclusive to the HM200 Series Chipset).

A summary of their refreshes according to their updated website:
M-15v2 has been replaced with the MX-15 (GTX1050 2GB).
SM-15 has been replace with the MX-15 Elite (GTX1050Ti 4GB).
Remember that "SITEX-Exclusive" P650RP3-based S-15 Lite (GTX1060 3GB)? That config returns under a NEW chassis (P655HP3) under the new SL-15 line, basically a variant shell of the P650, with a notable feature being the Power button relocated to the center instead of at the RHS.
Other existing lines that had already been updated with Pascal GPUs have been updated with the KBL-H and overclocked editions where applicable, with other features largely unchanged. Although that would also means a little hike-up in prices for the new CPUs and Chipsets.

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Aftershock, can help double check the specifications of S-15, S-17, W-15S and W-17S?

I asking cos there appear to be discrepancies (e.g. no. of USB ports stated different from pictures in the Gallery) and I am unsure which Clevo model do they come from.

Thanks!

chiaRH

Reaction score
Hi Aftershock, can help double check the specifications of S-15, S-17, W-15S and W-17S?

I asking cos there appear to be discrepancies (e.g. no. of USB ports stated different from pictures in the Gallery) and I am unsure which Clevo model do they come from.

Thanks!

i think they are still updating their site, when i saw the new site there were weird things like the S17's product page having the same top banner as the S15, even advertising the 120hz display (which is only found on 15 inch)

The S series from aftershock uses clevo's P65x/P67x and the W series use the P750/P770

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think they are still updating their site, when i saw the new site there were weird things like the S17's product page having the same top banner as the S15, even advertising the 120hz display (which is only found on 15 inch)

The S series from aftershock uses clevo's P65x/P67x and the W series use the P750/P770

Thanks, I will check Aftershock's website again

Meanwhile, I am still unsure about their Clevo names as there are too many laptops with the same suffixes as seen here: http://www.clevo.com.tw/clevo_prodetail.asp?id=907&lang=en

EDIT: Checked Aftershock's website, seems the same to me

Last edited:

chiaRH

Reaction score
Thanks, I will check Aftershock's website again

Meanwhile, I am still unsure about their Clevo names as there are too many laptops with the same suffixes as seen here: http://www.clevo.com.tw/clevo_prodetail.asp?id=907&lang=en

EDIT: Checked Aftershock's website, seems the same to me

Yeah clevo SKUs are not very intuitive, there's always multiple versions of the same model. Usually what I understand is the 1st digit after the 'P' is the model design, 2nd digit is the screen size and 3rd digit is usually the type of finish used (brushed metal vs matte etc, very hard to notice on clevo site due to small pics)

But if all you want to know is the USB ports just ask Aftershock on chat, way easier than looking up the clevo site with a super long list of SKUs

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah clevo SKUs are not very intuitive, there's always multiple versions of the same model. Usually what I understand is the 1st digit after the 'P' is the model design, 2nd digit is the screen size and 3rd digit is usually the type of finish used (brushed metal vs matte etc, very hard to notice on clevo site due to small pics)

But if all you want to know is the USB ports just ask Aftershock on chat, way easier than looking up the clevo site with a super long list of SKUs

I also need other details so if I can figure out the exact Clevo model names, it will be a lot easier lol (for me that is)

Thanks for the tip on using chat, will do that if all else fails

slogd3ad

Reaction score
I hope Aftershiok can at least gives us some updates for the new S15 models ... is it arriving or already at your HQ? What's the status right now...

chiaRH

Reaction score
I hope Aftershiok can at least gives us some updates for the new S15 models ... is it arriving or already at your HQ? What's the status right now...

isnt it already on sale? if you go there now and select any config the CPUs are all 7th Gen.

slogd3ad

Reaction score
isnt it already on sale? if you go there now and select any config the CPUs are all 7th Gen.

It's on sale.. but not sure the notebook have arrived, yet.
I pre-ordered it... still waiting for any news.

I guess same goes for new orders... need to wait. Correct me if I'm wrong.

chiaRH

Reaction score
It's on sale.. but not sure the notebook have arrived, yet.
I pre-ordered it... still waiting for any news.

I guess same goes for new orders... need to wait. Correct me if I'm wrong.

When you make an order, they have to assemble the machine and test it, before they deem it as ready for collection by the customer, it can take over a week if there's a queue of orders to fulfill, you are not buying an off-the-shelf product

slogd3ad

Reaction score
I know... As I've said before, to at least give us an official real-time updates on what's the situation right now.
Is it being shipping to Singapore currently? Or already arrived and the technician is currently customizing the specs? Or ...

chiaRH

Reaction score
I know... As I've said before, to at least give us an official real-time updates on what's the situation right now.
Is it being shipping to Singapore currently? Or already arrived and the technician is currently customizing the specs? Or ...

They already have the barebones and other stock in, they're already assembling build orders from customers, they even said so on their facebook. The forum here isnt really their main customer outreach channel and their staff dont come here frequently.

Whether or not they have even started working on your order, if you have some urgency and need to know, best to email them with your order number. These things have a turnaround time. Last year I made an order on 19th Aug and they completed my build on 1st Sep.

Anyone take look a mx15? Is the exhuast on the right hand side as well?

yes it does have a right side exhaust, looks like its for the GPU cooling

Last edited:

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I won't be surprised at the delay; maybe got more orders cos new mah

If got CNY offer, even worse

chiaRH

Reaction score
i noticed they got rid of the non gsync options for display customisation so i guess S-17 users have only 1 panel left to 'choose' from

I should see if AUO or other manufacturers have came up with more 17.3 options, the old X15 I used had one of the AUO wide gamut panels and for a TN panel it was really good

slogd3ad

Reaction score
wonder does the display will be going to have display burn in issue?
As seen from previous case... and does it covers with warranty?

This coming weekday, hoping those pre orders S15 are going out soon!

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.