Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score

My remote for China STB is not working well, so wanted to add remote from phone.
I tried many options, but cannot work.

There is a possibility that there is nothing wrong with you remote, but the sensor on the stb is faulty.

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
Question.

Anyone with XiaoMi handphones that has the Mi Remote App (phone must have Infrared).
I'm using Note 3 Pro.

My remote for China STB is not working well, so wanted to add remote from phone.
I tried many options, but cannot work.

So if anyone have a 'brand' that works for the STB, do let me know. Thanks.

with samsung S6 edge and Castreal Remote Control installed , you can control your aircon, tv and etc....

skystopper

Reaction score
Hi guys,

In order to receive the digital channels in hdb, I can't just connect the TV directly to the wall antenna (Cable TV Ready System) is it? Does the wall socket(antenna) only output analog signals? The TV in my bedroom is able to receive both digital/analog signals via the wall socket, whereas the TV in the living room can only receive analog signal. Both have built-in DVB-T2 tunner.

Thank you!

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

In order to receive the digital channels in hdb, I can't just connect the TV directly to the wall antenna (Cable TV Ready System) is it? Does the wall socket(antenna) only output analog signals? The TV in my bedroom is able to receive both digital/analog signals via the wall socket, whereas the TV in the living room can only receive analog signal. Both have built-in DVB-T2 tunner.

Thank you!
It would be helpful if you can list down the TV Channels, categorized by analogue and digital in your bedroom. Similarly for the living room.

The info can be found in the channel listing somewhere in the setup menu of your tv sets.

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is a possibility that there is nothing wrong with you remote, but the sensor on the stb is faulty.

Cos some button works well, like volume and power.

But the numerical buttons are not.

with samsung S6 edge and Castreal Remote Control installed , you can control your aircon, tv and etc....

I know I can control my LG tv and Daikin AC with apps. But I am not able to find the "brand" when I am adding a new remote in the app.
There's TV, Cable, AC, Fan, Etc. Then there's brand option.

I have randomly tried adding over 50 types but none worked.

Last edited:

skystopper

Reaction score
It would be helpful if you can list down the TV Channels, categorized by analogue and digital in your bedroom. Similarly for the living room.

The info can be found in the channel listing somewhere in the setup menu of your tv sets.

Thanks for the reply! I've also included the model numbers. Both have DVB-T2 built-in.

Samsung UA32H4303AK (Bedroom)
ATV
#1 – C5
#2 – C8
#3 – C10
#4 – C12
#5 – C24
#6 – C26
#7 – C28
#8 – C30
#9 – C32
#10 – C41
#11 – C42
#12 – C43
#13 – C44
#14 – C46
#15 – C47
#16 – C55
(Mixture of SG/MY/INDO Channels)

DTV
#2 – Ch 5 (HD)
#3 – Ch 8 (HD)
#4 – Suria (HD)
#5 – Vas (HD)
#6 – CNA (HD)
#7 – Ch U
#8 – okto (HD)
#9 – Test
#10 – okto (HD)
#800 – 5 (HD)
#801 – 5 (SD)
#802 – 8 (SD)
#803 – CNA (SD)
#804 – Ch U
#805 – CNA (HD)

Panasonic TH-L42E6S (Living Room)
ATV
#1 – TV1
#2 – Ch 5
#3 – Starhub Advertisement Channel
#4 – Ch 8
#5 – Suria
#6 – Ch U
#7 – Vas
#8 – okto
#9 – CNA
#10 – Test
#11 – SuperSports Arena

DTV
Blank

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I've also included the model numbers. Both have DVB-T2 built-in.

ATV
#1 – C5
#2 – C8
#3 – C10
#4 – C12
#5 – C24
#6 – C26
#7 – C28
#8 – C30
#9 – C32
#10 – C41
#11 – C42
#12 – C43
#13 – C44
#14 – C46
#15 – C47
#16 – C55

DTV
#2 – Ch 5 (HD)
#3 – Ch 8 (HD)
#4 – Suria (HD)
#5 – Vas (HD)
#6 – CNA (HD)
#7 – Ch U
#8 – okto (HD)
#9 – Test
#10 – okto (HD)
#800 – 5 (HD)
#801 – 5 (SD)
#802 – 8 (SD)
#803 – CNA (SD)
#804 – Ch U
#805 – CNA (HD)

ATV
#1 – TV1
#2 – Ch 5
#4 – Ch 8
#5 – Suria
#6 – Ch U
#7 – Vas
#8 – okto
#9 – CNA
#10 – Test
#11 – SuperSports Arena

DTV
Blank

You are not receiving dvb-t2 on your Samsung UA32H4303AK .

It is DVB-C from starhub.

Samsung UA32H4303AK comes with dvb-t2 and dvb-c decoder.

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score

I know I can control my LG tv and Daikin AC with apps. But I am not able to find the "brand" when I am adding a new remote in the app.

You need to get a hp with IR function

sunsetbay

Reaction score
You are not receiving dvb-t2 on your Samsung UA32H4303AK .

It is DVB-C from starhub.

Samsung UA32H4303AK comes with dvb-t2 and dvb-c decoder.

The channels skystopper listed for his samsung tv should be from MATV connection (DVB-T2 & analog via terrestrial), while the pana tv at the living room is starhub point~

skystopper, you can open the riser compartment outside your home, trace the connection and change the connection to the desired source~ :s22:

Last edited:

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score

ATV
#1 – C5
#2 – C8
#3 – C10
#4 – C12
#5 – C24
#6 – C26
#7 – C28
#8 – C30
#9 – C32
#10 – C41
#11 – C42
#12 – C43
#13 – C44
#14 – C46
#15 – C47
#16 – C55

DTV
#2 – Ch 5 (HD)
#3 – Ch 8 (HD)
#4 – Suria (HD)
#5 – Vas (HD)
#6 – CNA (HD)
#7 – Ch U
#8 – okto (HD)
#9 – Test
#10 – okto (HD)
#800 – 5 (HD)
#801 – 5 (SD)
#802 – 8 (SD)
#803 – CNA (SD)
#804 – Ch U
#805 – CNA (HD)

ATV
#1 – TV1
#2 – Ch 5
#4 – Ch 8
#5 – Suria
#6 – Ch U
#7 – Vas
#8 – okto
#9 – CNA
#10 – Test
#11 – SuperSports Arena

DTV
Blank
As pointed out by sunsetbay, your bedroom tv point is connected to HDB MATV while the living room tv point is connected to SCV/Starhub.

The telling differences between HDB MATV and Starhub/SCV, based on ATV alone, are:

a) no TV1, got TV2 on HDB;
b) got TV1, and Sports Arena, no TV2 on Starhub/SCV.

suuhhc

Reaction score

China seller from Qoo10 is selling STB box remote control alone - http://list.qoo10.sg/g/439728925 . See if it support yours.

megaweb

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has issue on digital TV signal at TPY on last weekend?

My inlaw TV has freezing issue on Channel U.

skystopper

Reaction score
The channels skystopper listed for his samsung tv should be from MATV connection (DVB-T2 & analog via terrestrial), while the pana tv at the living room is starhub point~

skystopper, you can open the riser compartment outside your home, trace the connection and change the connection to the desired source~ :s22:

As pointed out by sunsetbay, your bedroom tv point is connected to HDB MATV while the living room tv point is connected to SCV/Starhub.

The telling differences between HDB MATV and Starhub/SCV, based on ATV alone, are:

a) no TV1, got TV2 on HDB;
b) got TV1, and Sports Arena, no TV2 on Starhub/SCV.

Thanks for the replies. I couldn't locate the TV connection in the electrical riser. I happen to have a indoor TV antenna at home, and was able to receive the decent digital signals for the Panasonic TV; all the mediacorp FTA channels, less Starhub's Sports Arena. However, the analog signals are extremely poor via the indoor antenna.

I realize that there is no Sports Arena channel on my Samsung TV (bedroom), is it no available for HDB MATV?

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I couldn't locate the TV connection in the electrical riser. I happen to have a indoor TV antenna at home, and was able to receive the decent digital signals for the Panasonic TV; all the mediacorp FTA channels, less Starhub's Sports Arena. However, the analog signals are extremely poor via the indoor antenna.
It is not advisable to change any connection at the riser duct unless done by authorised person. It would be considered as "tempering" if found out. In any case, HDB MATV would be shut down once the MediaCorp cease analogue TV transmission - scheduled by end of this year. So indoor antenna, for your bedroom tv as well, would be the long term solution for digital reception, if you do not plan to get pay-tv.

Indoor antenna is most of the time bad for analogue reception.

I realize that there is no Sports Arena channel on my Samsung TV (bedroom), is it no available for HDB MATV?
HDB catered for reception of TV1 (on Chan 3) and TV2 plus the MediaCorp FTA channels only.

However TV1 is no longer available in HDB MATV after the transmission channel moved to the UHF band.

skystopper

Reaction score
It is not advisable to change any connection at the riser duct unless done by authorised person. It would be considered as "tempering" if found out. In any case, HDB MATV would be shut down once the MediaCorp cease analogue TV transmission - scheduled by end of this year. So indoor antenna, for your bedroom tv as well, would be the long term solution for digital reception, if you do not plan to get pay-tv.

Indoor antenna is most of the time bad for analogue reception.

HDB catered for reception of TV1 (on Chan 3) and TV2 plus the MediaCorp FTA channels only.

However TV1 is no longer available in HDB MATV after the transmission channel moved to the UHF band.

Noted and thank you for the help! I did some googling, the HDB MATV was designed to receive analogue signals and thus unable to receive digital TV signals. Does that mean all the MATV ports will become useless after end of the year, since it isn't feasible to upgrade existing MATV antenna?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Noted and thank you for the help! I did some googling, the HDB MATV was designed to receive analogue signals and thus unable to receive digital TV signals. Does that mean all the MATV ports will become useless after end of the year, since it isn't feasible to upgrade existing MATV antenna?

That's not true, HDB master antenna is capable of receiving digital signal if it's still in good working condition.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/digital1/rooftop-antenna-can-be-used-digital-tv

Turning off of analogue signal at year end is on the broadcaster end, ie. Mediacorp so has nothing to do with MATV.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's not true, HDB master antenna is capable of receiving digital signal if it's still in good working condition.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/digital1/rooftop-antenna-can-be-used-digital-tv

Turning off of analogue signal at year end is on the broadcaster end, ie. Mediacorp so has nothing to do with MATV.

Correct, DVBT2 is using the UHF channel. The original antenna already has the bandwidth to support it if it is still working.
I think newer flat may not have antenna and all SCV point?

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You need to get a hp with IR function

My previous post already stated i have a Xiaomi Note 3 Pro WITH IR Function, incase you missed it.
My issue is i dunno which remote to add in the list of brands and type.

China seller from Qoo10 is selling STB box remote control alone - http://list.qoo10.sg/g/439728925 . See if it support yours.

This looks exactly like the one i have, less some printing.
Thou I'd like to use my Xiaomi Note 3 Pro with IR function instead of getting another controller.

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
My previous post already stated i have a Xiaomi Note 3 Pro WITH IR Function, incase you missed it.
My issue is i dunno which remote to add in the list of brands and type.

This looks exactly like the one i have, less some printing.
Thou I'd like to use my Xiaomi Note 3 Pro with IR function instead of getting another controller.

Try Peel Smart Remote apk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.