LATEST RMA instructions for Various HDD Brands

TheDisgruntedCitizen

Master Member
Reaction score
Personally I find Seagate RMS process is most painless...

You will need to create a RMS ticket on Seagate website and state the cause of failure. After printing out the RMA ticket, you can go to Funan Center collection shop and hand them the faulty HDD. Preferably if you have an anti-static bag to hold the HDD.

otacon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nowadays RMA WD hard disk cannot walk in n throw to them?

rza29

Master Member
Reaction score
Nowadays RMA WD hard disk cannot walk in n throw to them?

just RMA WD NAS Red 2 weeks ago and send to Jurong for RMA, drive arrived within a few days.

then just RMA another WD drive last fri and need to send to Vietnam for RMA, called and clarify and indeed the local office closed down and now need to send to vietnam for RMA. Sibei costly like that.

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
just an Update for WD RMA in SG:

as of right now (13 Dec 2015) there is no longer a drop off point of WD Drives in SG, All RMA of WD Drives must be sent to vietnam for RMA. at your cost (which is costly)

just in case anyone who see this thread in the future

joecamel

Reaction score
it is now a very painful process to RMA WDs:

a. went to jurong, told to ship to vietnam
b. 28 Nov fedex -- collection (50+ bucks)
c. 1 Dec, 5am -- arrive in vietnam customs
d. 5 Dec -- called fedex, was adviced to tell WD to "claim" the parcel. emailed WD as such and made sure i included the tracking number
e. 7 Dec 10am -- released from customs @ Ho Chi Min city
f. 8 Dec 6am -- parcel arrives in DANANG CITY VN
g. 8 Dec 10am -- fedex reports parcel received by WD
h. 10 Dec -- WD updates HDD received.
i. 15 Dec -- WD updates replacement shipped out via fedex but no tracking number.

i would advice all to make sure that you ship with a courier which provides a tracking number.

compared to my seagate RMA, received replacement less than 1 week after i drop off at funan. WD's RMA, 19 days and still counting. :mad:

QUOTE=localITguy;98611733]just an Update for WD RMA in SG:

as of right now (13 Dec 2015) there is no longer a drop off point of WD Drives in SG, All RMA of WD Drives must be sent to vietnam for RMA. at your cost (which is costly)

just in case anyone who see this thread in the future[/QUOTE]

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
it is now a very painful process to RMA WDs:

a. went to jurong, told to ship to vietnam
b. 28 Nov fedex -- collection (50+ bucks)
c. 1 Dec, 5am -- arrive in vietnam customs
d. 5 Dec -- called fedex, was adviced to tell WD to "claim" the parcel. emailed WD as such and made sure i included the tracking number
e. 7 Dec 10am -- released from customs @ Ho Chi Min city
f. 8 Dec 6am -- parcel arrives in DANANG CITY VN
g. 8 Dec 10am -- fedex reports parcel received by WD
h. 10 Dec -- WD updates HDD received.
i. 15 Dec -- WD updates replacement shipped out via fedex but no tracking number.

i would advice all to make sure that you ship with a courier which provides a tracking number.

compared to my seagate RMA, received replacement less than 1 week after i drop off at funan. WD's RMA, 19 days and still counting. :mad:

just an Update for WD RMA in SG:

just in case anyone who see this thread in the future

50$ ? LOL no thanks. i will go to seagate now

arun.nagargoje

Reaction score
it seems that now there's a new way within Singapore to get it done. none of my WD Red died on me despite the enclosure being pretty warm, so i'm quite happy to be a fanboy.

Thanks for sharing this news. I am happy to know as my WD 3TB has crashed.

OldBeggar

Reaction score
Latest Update of Western Digital RMA Service Jan 2017

For those who have faulty HDD, check your warranty status at the WD Support site first.

After that you will receive your RMA number, as well as the address for RMA.

For Singapore WD RMA:

Primasiana Pte Ltd
85C Toa Payoh Lorong 4, Toa Payoh Peakview,
Unit #01-384 Singapore
Postal code : 313085
Phone number: +65 8621 4521
Operation Hours: Monday to Friday (10.00 am - 7.00 pm)

It is located at the far end of the HDB blocks, if you take from the bus stop side. It's sheltered walkway all the way. You will see a single stall with glass door. The glass will have one paper written Primasiana Pte Ltd.

After that give them the RMA number, and your HDD. It's okay if you don't have the bubble wraps or ESB. Just make sure the ports are protected and no dents on your HDD. After that the guy will give you another new HDD, on a 1-on-1 exchange. He very friendly and will answer your doubts. Your warranty will be transferred over to the new HDD serial number. I've just exchanged the WD Black 1TB HDD today.

rtypefreedom

Reaction score
My fIrst rma, was told by seagate fb page reply. I must mail in can't send in.....

Any 1 can help me on this issue????

Whizinit

Reaction score
For those who have faulty HDD, check your warranty status at the WD Support site first.

For Singapore WD RMA:

Primasiana Pte Ltd
Unit #01-384 Singapore

It is located at the far end of the HDB blocks, if you take from the bus stop side. It's sheltered walkway all the way. You will see a single stall with glass door. The glass will have one paper written Primasiana Pte Ltd.

After that give them the RMA number, and your HDD. It's okay if you don't have the bubble wraps or ESB. Just make sure the ports are protected and no dents on your HDD. After that the guy will give you another new HDD, on a 1-on-1 exchange. He very friendly and will answer your doubts. Your warranty will be transferred over to the new HDD serial number. I've just exchanged the WD Black 1TB HDD today.

Thanks for the very up to date info. Any idea about Out of Region for a valid warranty? Will they accept?

xplor3r

Reaction score

For Singapore WD RMA:

Primasiana Pte Ltd
Unit #01-384 Singapore

Good info and I got my WD disk RMA just on Monday.
If you are driving there, the unit is near to the entrance to the car park.
The new disk you got will have the existing warranty transferred, the staff there will do that for you, no hassle.

Mr Hosan

Reaction score
Hi guys,, May I ask a noob question.
If Im using a HP computer ( desktop). My HD spoilt, code 3fo
Can i get other brand HD for replacement or I only can get HP one ?
Thanks

And also should I change just the HD or must well get a new one since it is already 7 years old using window 7.. cannot upgrade to 10.

redno

Reaction score
Hi guys,, May I ask a noob question.
If Im using a HP computer ( desktop). My HD spoilt, code 3fo
Can i get other brand HD for replacement or I only can get HP one ?
Thanks

And also should I change just the HD or must well get a new one since it is already 7 years old using window 7.. cannot upgrade to 10.

For the first question, you need not get the same HDD. But the new hard disk should have the same interface. If your old HDD has SATA interface, you should no problem getting a replacement. If your old HDD HAS legacy IDE interface, it will be challenging to find replacement.

For second question, assuming the interface is SATA, you should experience significant improvements in your user experience as the newer SATA SSD HDD is significantly faster. You need not change computer if you don't wish to. In fact, I'm using 10 years old computer with SSD HDD for normal office processing, watch video, surf Internet. Fast and good enough for me.

But if your computer uses the legacy IDE interface, maybe its time to change your computer. To find one replacement is difficult. To buy one would be expensive.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For Singapore WD RMA:

Primasiana Pte Ltd
Unit #01-384 Singapore

So I just received my RMA number for my WD passport 4tb HDD. Can I just go down in person and exchange it 1-1? Asking as it's been 3 years and it's still Primasiana Pte Ltd. With the covid19 situation do they still accept walk-ins now?

mie28

Reaction score
They will email you the instructions usually. Follow it to ship back/drop off the faulty HDD.

So I just received my RMA number for my WD passport 4tb HDD. Can I just go down in person and exchange it 1-1? Asking as it's been 3 years and it's still Primasiana Pte Ltd. With the covid19 situation do they still accept walk-ins now?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.