Recommend protein powder

jojothebufferlo

Reaction score
Best Protein Powder in SG???

I think that really depends on what your needs are lah.

I mean different sports got different problems to address.

Im taking this one called buildfight by BYOProtein, a local brand.

you can go google them.

While their protein is for fighters and im not a fighter, im just bodybuilding, but it helps with inflammation and joint health, something I need as well. Not bad.

HighFly

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I've been using ON optimum nutrition 100% gold standard for over 5 years..
My current tub is finishing soon and I was thinking of trying something new because I'm noticing very little gains.

Does anyone have any suggestion for whey protein of similar calibre?

Thank you in advance :)

dkgamer

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I've been using ON optimum nutrition 100% gold standard for over 5 years..
My current tub is finishing soon and I was thinking of trying something new because I'm noticing very little gains.

Does anyone have any suggestion for whey protein of similar calibre?

Thank you in advance :)

i will stick to it :p probably plateuing because you lifted for 5 years liao... quite normal... ON is still one of the best in terms of composition... i use ultimate nutrition because im a cheap *******...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tz18fPH508

some protein powders up the nitrogen content by adding taurine, creatine and other BCAAs which are cheaper than pure protein, so i'm abit weary when changing powders :D

HighFly

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your insight bro! :)
Yeah, I've been plateuing for quite some time already.. Planning to hoot an ON creatine to add into my protein blend also..

i will stick to it :p probably plateuing because you lifted for 5 years liao... quite normal... ON is still one of the best in terms of composition... i use ultimate nutrition because im a cheap *******...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tz18fPH508

some protein powders up the nitrogen content by adding taurine, creatine and other BCAAs which are cheaper than pure protein, so i'm abit weary when changing powders :D

dkgamer

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your insight bro! :)
Yeah, I've been plateuing for quite some time already.. Planning to hoot an ON creatine to add into my protein blend also..

just go for the standard mono creatine :D if you have not been using it it means you will benefit... it will take about 3 weeks to saturate muscles on 5g a day ;) no need to cycle...

HighFly

Reaction score
Used ON creatine 2 years ago during army times but stopped already. Awesome! Just saw ON gold having promotion at GNC now, free BCAA. Can check it out! :)

just go for the standard mono creatine :D if you have not been using it it means you will benefit... it will take about 3 weeks to saturate muscles on 5g a day ;) no need to cycle...

Haikaldingle

Reaction score
hi, im looking at the best protein powder to gain lean muscle...and also wondering if this shakes can help loose weight

Shakes won't directly burn fat for you but protein is a good source to keep you fuller than carbs and fats hence avoiding you from overeating. Eating protein also creates a process in the body known as ‘thermogenesis’ which requires the body to burn more calories in order to digest food.

sushibiscuit

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking to purchase some protein powder but theres so many i don't really know what i should get.

I basically just look for the cheaper options and go from there. I also don't really feel a difference between creatine or whey or whatever? Feels like they give the same effect haha.

So far I have tried ON Whey, Mutant Pro 100 series, BSN Syntha 6 and Dymatize Casein. The ones that stood out were Syntha 6 and Mutant Pro 100 as they taste pretty great.

I was looking and the standard Mutant Whey was the cheapest option i can find at under $50 for 5lbs (!!!!). Any comments? I was also looking at the BSN Syntha 6 again as the offers dropped the to about $70 for 5lbs which is not bad a price.

Any suggestions? theres too many to pick from

galapogos

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking to purchase some protein powder but theres so many i don't really know what i should get.

I basically just look for the cheaper options and go from there. I also don't really feel a difference between creatine or whey or whatever? Feels like they give the same effect haha.

So far I have tried ON Whey, Mutant Pro 100 series, BSN Syntha 6 and Dymatize Casein. The ones that stood out were Syntha 6 and Mutant Pro 100 as they taste pretty great.

I was looking and the standard Mutant Whey was the cheapest option i can find at under $50 for 5lbs (!!!!). Any comments? I was also looking at the BSN Syntha 6 again as the offers dropped the to about $70 for 5lbs which is not bad a price.

Creatine is not protein. You don't "feel" the effects of protein, it's not a stimulant like caffeine where you feel it immediately. Protein is a macronutrient that is necessary to build muscle. If you're eating enough protein in your meals, you don't necessarily need a protein supplement, however it's a cheap and convenient method of getting sufficient protein in your diet.

To compare prices, you shouldn't just look at price per weight. You should also consider the concentration of protein powder. Most whey protein supplements are about 80-90% protein by weight, depending on the type, i.e. a 30g scoop of whey protein would yield you 24-27g of protein, the rest being by-products and fillers. You should also consider that not all manufacturers are honest about their label claims, i.e. they may claim a certain amount of protein per scoop, but independent lab tests may yield a different result, so you're not getting what you paid for. This is trickier to ascertain - you can ask them for certificate of analysis (CoA) proving this, but they could just fake it (unless you bother to contact the lab to verify the claim), or you could look to 3rd party review sites such as labdoor, but they don't test all brands.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

BSN tastes the best so far for me, have tried 4 flavors. Mutant whey (chocolate) the worst but cheapest. ON doesn't taste that great, have tried 2 flavors and isn't cheap.

Recently bought Lush Protein, mango tastes nice but doesn't dissolve well compared to BSN. Same thing for Mutant and ON.

Casein, whey isolate or lean proteins seem gimmicky.

Overall, BSN might be better but wanted to try lighter flavors this time. I will buy when i can get free delivery from fitlion. Sometimes they have vgd promo. Few months back was 100 or 110 for the 10 lbs. The 5 lbs one was 61 but only cookies and cream available, which i don't like. That is cheaper much cheaper than the usual prices on fitlion.

Last edited:

sushibiscuit

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I have decided to try purchasing from tsw this time. I mentioned that price is my main priority but it seems that monster whey have overwhelmingly bad taste reviews so ima drop it.

Im looking at the sale section over at tsw and saw a few that caught my eye

Gaspari nutrition myofusion advanced protein
Nutrex muscle infusion
Myogenix myolean whey
Cytosport monster whey/isolate
Elitelabs best tasting whey

Any suggestions? My usage is for recovery after workouts and i dont have much concern about calories. As long as its reasonably priced, tastes decent and enough protein per serving.

Thanks for the advice guys!

mangoisblue

Reaction score
Does anyone has a recommendation for non-whey protein?

The reason I'm asking is because my face gets very oily with frequent breakouts due to consumption of whey (milk products in general). :(

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone has a recommendation for non-whey protein?

The reason I'm asking is because my face gets very oily with frequent breakouts due to consumption of whey (milk products in general). :(

I just noticed these new products from Lush Protein, you can take a look. seems cheaper than the usual whey protein as well.

SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE
✓ Over 90% protein content
✓ Minimal fat & carbohydrate content
✓ Non-dairy protein source
✓ Lactose free
Non-dairy protein source with high protein, minimal fat and carbohydrate.

PEA PROTEIN
✓ Highly bioavailable protein
✓ No major allergens
✓ Dairy and lactose free
Premium non-GMO Vegetable Protein

BROWN RICE PROTEIN
✓ Over 80% protein content
✓ GMO and Gluten free.
✓ No allergens such as wheat, gluten, eggs, dairy and soy.
High quality protein produced from non-GMO, whole grain brown rice.

Dolphinspirit96

Reaction score
Need recommendations

Hi guys, is ON Gold Standard Whey Protein a good protein supplement? Any good recommendations? I need something that is cheap and healthy, I'm not really picky about taste though

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.