Went back to using HDD from SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The only main difference is boot up and shut down time in my opinion. Once inside windows, cant really feel any real world difference even when doing video rendering or real time photo editing work.

So now with 4TB of space as well as another 4TB as scratch drive, what is space constraint. :s13:

xboxer

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Their hardcore supporter will come in and slam you like they are the 30%.

Rock-kun

Reaction score
The only main difference is boot up and shut down time in my opinion. Once inside windows, cant really feel any real world difference even when doing video rendering or real time photo editing work.

So now with 4TB of space as well as another 4TB as scratch drive, what is space constraint. :s13:

Don't know about you, but the difference between SSD and HDD when launching and using software is very significant.

Still staying with HDDs for sheer capacity though. Am currently typing this from my desktop with three 4TB HDDs in RAID 0. :D

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't know about you, but the difference between SSD and HDD when launching and using software is very significant.

Still staying with HDDs for sheer capacity though. Am currently typing this from my desktop with three 4TB HDDs in RAID 0. :D

Despicable-Me-Minion-Saying-What.gif

ipadxcell

Master Member
Reaction score
You never play games? I am amazed with the startup difference. You would too. If you game.

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find that general use snappiness of laptops are a lot better on SSDs even if you go aggressive on power management unlike HDDs.

Like placing a skylake i5 dual core laptop on 600MHz battery mode still perfectly usable.

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

who store files in SSD anyway?

4TB without redundancy or backup is suicide. GLHF.

LLCSG12

Reaction score
Possibly your SSD is not the fast type.

I replaced my 3yr old Intel SSD w 850evo. I could feel the difference even when gaming.. better n faster response..

Get a good SSD or m2.. not entry level type

terry1

Reaction score
anyone who doesnt feel the speed difference when switching from hdd to ssd obviously is not running at that breakneck speed that ssd offers.

if your applications run at most the maximum speed of a hdd then even if you switch over to the a ssd or the faster pci-express ssd, would simply not feel any difference. correct me if i am wrong :D

Allanlee82

Reaction score
Find me a <$1000 notebook that has both an M.2 slot for an SSD and a SATA port for a 2.5" HDD.

actually quite a lot, just need to get sata to m.2 adapter + a drive caddy to replace the cd-rom drive to sata slot =:p

terry1

Reaction score
Find me a <$1000 notebook that has both an M.2 slot for an SSD and a SATA port for a 2.5" HDD.

actually quite a lot is my answer too.

there was a value for money 14" acer latest generation intel i5 4gb ram 500gb hdd selling for only $499 at the most recent IT show acer model e5-475 if i remember correctly. it has both the M.2 slot and a SATA port :D

Last edited:

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually quite a lot is my answer too.

there was a value for money 14" acer latest generation intel i5 4gb ram 500gb hdd for selling for only $499 at the most recent IT show if i remember correctly. it has both the M.2 slot and a SATA port :D

still even though there is plenty of it, there is always a specific requirement on each maker, since m.2 slots have different Size (physical not the data)

terry1

Reaction score
still even though there is plenty of it, there is always a specific requirement on each maker, since m.2 slots have different Size (physical not the data)

only three key types : B, M or B+M. period :D

koicafex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can mod close this toopiak thread...
TS is toopiak...
use ssd for wrong reason then say no diff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.