anyone opened bank account in malaysia?

Loperamide

Banned
Reaction score
are you paying admin fees?

every month, my maybank deduct rm5.30as admin and gst fees from me....the staff told me it's mandatory for every foreigner

legit?

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score

every month, my maybank deduct rm5.30as admin and gst fees from me....the staff told me it's mandatory for every foreigner

legit?

Yes, there is an admin fees for me too. I have an account in Malaysia...I dunno legit or not ....

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

legit?

You sure every month and rm5.30?

I have cimb in 2013 and it charges annual fee of rm15 for atm card. Last year I opened one with ocbc and it charges rm12 annual fee for atm card. The atm cards can be used on any bank but there is a rm1 charge, except if used on own bank.

dewjef

Reaction score
Last year i open UOB at Jb city square using passport.2FA can sms to my singapore phone.normal ATM without debit card function.not sure at yearly subscription fee yet.
I got OCBC account too,but 2FA need Malaysia mobile nos.main reason i open account because of it offer weekend banking.
Maybank always long queue.i skip that.

Zopizz

Reaction score
I went cimb, bukit indah with sg passport, and was rejected. RHB OK to accept Singaporean opening account and Maybank OK too.
Guess with the account and credit card Maybank, pumping petrol is so much faster and safer.

Loperamide

Banned
Reaction score
You sure every month and rm5.30?

I have cimb in 2013 and it charges annual fee of rm15 for atm card. Last year I opened one with ocbc and it charges rm12 annual fee for atm card. The atm cards can be used on any bank but there is a rm1 charge, except if used on own bank.

3lWqiC0.png

yup....wonder wat is it for

Verbatin

Reaction score
mine OCBC is token leh...

Last year i open UOB at Jb city square using passport.2FA can sms to my singapore phone.normal ATM without debit card function.not sure at yearly subscription fee yet.
I got OCBC account too,but 2FA need Malaysia mobile nos.main reason i open account because of it offer weekend banking.
Maybank always long queue.i skip that.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Mine is OCBC in MSIA, no fees as far as I know.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
ya, I just walk. It's quite a distance but I went with friends.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am not sure what is the problem... rm5.30 is like less than SGD2 only?

My current accounts in Singapore all have a $2.00 monthly fee even if amount is above the min required.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.