Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds (Completely Wire Free) ?

wahlaueh888

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone got good recommendations for Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds (Completely wire free) ?

Got some recommendations in this website : http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/affordable-airpod-alternatives/

and am interested to get those wireless earbuds like the QCY Q29 in the above article, bec of its cheaper price and supposed OK sound quality.

Anyone has other good recommendations for other budget wireless earbuds like the QCY Q29? Thanks!

Cedesria

Reaction score
Onkyo w800bt? Ex but it's good. Been using it for quite some time liao

xuan87

Reaction score
Onkyo w800bt? Ex but it's good. Been using it for quite some time liao

I'm currently using the W800bt but I can't recommend because of possible durability issues with the charging case; for the right side, I need to insert it at the absolute right depth in order to get it to charge. Sometimes it takes me 5-10 mins of non stop inserting to find that sweet spot. It's much cheaper on amazon japan but you might want to get it locally for the warranty.

Sound is amazing though.

Jabra Sport Elite..

I tried the Jabra Sport Elite and was impressed. It wasn't as good as W800bt but it was still better than most fitness orientated earphones. The heart rate monitor and fitness tracker plus the various other functions are just additional bonus. It's also cheaper than the W800bt. Will likely pick this up in the future.

xuan87

Reaction score
To add, I'm also waiting for the crazybaby wireless air. Likely only start delivering in March but it's one of the cheaper true wireless options in the market. Can't make any further comment until I received it.

musicdreamer

Reaction score
To add, I'm also waiting for the crazybaby wireless air. Likely only start delivering in March but it's one of the cheaper true wireless options in the market. Can't make any further comment until I received it.

Yea, was trying to say that true wireless still quite new and budget models are more likely to have reliability and durability issues..

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For now true wireless mostly around that kinda pricing in SG. Likely in near future will be more affordable. Not sure but the headphone by Bragi might be a little cheaper.

There are some other budget ones, though may not be sold in stores here, but you can find them online.

True that these completely wireless earbuds are very expensive, when I got my Earin M-1 when it was new here locally, was bought at $306 after discount. Now still in the $200+ range. I guess we have to pay for portability and seamless features. I suppose in future the price will be lowered as it gets more common.

Bragi the Headphone should be cheaper but there are some complains about the durability of the more expensive Dash.

But in all, remember it's still connected via bluetooth so limitations are inevitable.

xuan87

Reaction score
any disconnexion issues..pairing?

Unfortunately yes. It's better than most wireless earphones I've tried, but I still encounter disconnection. Most of the time, it's the left unit that frequently disconnects with the right unit (this is the main unit). More rarely, but still common enough to comment on, I'll encounter disconnection with both sides from my phone.

However, it's still not enough to dissuade me from using it though haha.

musicdreamer

Reaction score
There are some other budget ones, though may not be sold in stores here, but you can find them online.

True that these completely wireless earbuds are very expensive, when I got my Earin M-1 when it was new here locally, was bought at $306 after discount. Now still in the $200+ range. I guess we have to pay for portability and seamless features. I suppose in future the price will be lowered as it gets more common.

Bragi the Headphone should be cheaper but there are some complains about the durability of the more expensive Dash.

But in all, remember it's still connected via bluetooth so limitations are inevitable.

Bro, if got good and budget model pls sic here.thanks:s12: Currently waiting for the Jaybird X3..but since got true wireless, why not lol..

wahlaueh888

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks all for your replies...

Seems like the truly wireless earbuds are still in its infancy...

I was looking at the Bragi The Headphones are they have the audio transparency feature (same as Samsung IconX), but Bragi doesn't ship to SG yet.

I prefer to hands on try the earbuds before buying, but options are extremely limited in SG now.

Looking forward to Samsung next Galaxy release, where it is rumored a new ear piece could be launched too... IconX Part 2 ?? :D

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using Earin here for almost a year now. Despite disconnections when it works it's really good. Recent updates have made it more stable than before.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.