M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess its area dependent as I did a bandwidth test from my android box around 11+ pm before and able to get 800+ mbps from Speedtest.

Will do another round tonight after 10pm to double confirm.

May be less user at your area.

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
since u want a isp for strong network on china will be either MR or VQ (that's what i heard)

Using vq and it good. But expensive as i pay the old rate(dont remember how much) and they charge 10buck more for vpn and 5buck more for phone line

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using vq and it good. But expensive as i pay the old rate(dont remember how much) and they charge 10buck more for vpn and 5buck more for phone line

If not buy another company VPN? Though I'm not sure any good one, since there is reports of "Great fireawall of China" for VPN.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If not buy another company VPN? Though I'm not sure any good one, since there is reports of "Great fireawall of China" for VPN.
In general the term "Great firewall of China" refer to the censorship of the internet by the Gov of China. They have firewalls to block access to China's internet contents outside China.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In general the term "Great firewall of China" refer to the censorship of the internet by the Gov of China. They have firewalls to block access to China's internet contents outside China.
Here comes the talk **** Ng and his random claims.

Great Firewall of China is meant to block access to certain websites in the country, not to block outside access into their country's websites.

It is to enforce all locals to abide to the strict standards when online, and to block the sites that does not follow the guidelines and to show all information to the Chinese government.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was stunned when I saw his explanation. Glad you stepped out to correct the info.. :)

Great Firewall of China is meant to block access to certain websites in the country, not to block outside access into their country's websites.

It is to enforce all locals to abide to the strict standards when online, and to block the sites that does not follow the guidelines and to show all information to the Chinese government.

jury_pack

Master Member
Reaction score

Certain sites they restrict access if not accessed from China, like streaming sites. This also a requirement from the China government.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Certain sites they restrict access if not accessed from China, like streaming sites. This also a requirement from the China government.

That is done by the content or site hosts, rather than by the prc firewall. Certain videos on Youtube are not available here and that is restricted by Youtube itself rather than our gov, isp.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is the content providers, using geolocation services. Not the Chinese government doing it.

Just like Hulu, is American government the one calling them to not let others see the contents outside the country? Nope, it's Hulu itself.

jury_pack

Master Member
Reaction score
It is the content providers, using geolocation services. Not the Chinese government doing it.

Just like Hulu, is American government the one calling them to not let others see the contents outside the country? Nope, it's Hulu itself.

If you didn't know, China has one policy, that is internal bandwidth (internal route) has a higher priority than external routes. And they restrict the amount of data going out of the country. If you open a MNC biz in China you will understand how freaking hard is it to even get a VPN connection into the country.

Verghez

Reaction score
Any ps4 fifa users getting massive lag since monday? Other isps seem to be fine but mine has turned horrid.

What should i do? Would m1 technical team look into this? (This is nothing to do with port opening etc)

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using M1 1GBps fibre here
Massive lag and super high pings in BF1
Mon still ok. Tues onwards is gg

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any ps4 fifa users getting massive lag since monday? Other isps seem to be fine but mine has turned horrid.

What should i do? Would m1 technical team look into this? (This is nothing to do with port opening etc)

Can only call M1 and they can check the line for you. Any one having slow connection on every Friday night after 10pm?

wwf

Master Member
Reaction score
Think i remain in MR. No issue so far.
Waiting for IT show more better promo.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
m1 a lot of issues?

:eek:

so which ISP is better? headache
No M1 has no major problem. Most sites can surf and video streaming. Now even have sports bundle. Image quite clear. Most issues apply to all ISP and not M1 alone so it is not M1 fault.

silentscope

Reaction score
No M1 has no major problem. Most sites can surf and video streaming. Now even have sports bundle. Image quite clear. Most issues apply to all ISP and not M1 alone so it is not M1 fault.

On M1 1gb Fibre plan, Friday night connected to 5G, only cap at 10mbps, checked on 3 pc :(

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On M1 1gb Fibre plan, Friday night connected to 5G, only cap at 10mbps, checked on 3 pc :(

mine now, 1gb plan, 5g connection, ac68u router

6060784816.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.