The Galaxy Note 8 (2017 edition)

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The discussions about the Samsung Galaxy Note8. Firmware, software, hardware and bloatware.
Phone is still the beast.

#Android 8.0 Oreo is out now (26 Apr 2018)#

Last edited:

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
alamak...you stole my job.....

now you have to post all the leaks and rumours and what have you...

i will not create another thread for Note 8 liao....

go cry one corner......

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung's first dual camera phone to be the Note8?
pOLccX1.jpg

Sent from an Xperia using GAGT

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nooooo. No dual camera . One is enough. Dont see a benefit in two cameras, like the hw p9, ip7p. No difference. Samsung s7 dual pixel, edge then out
They will be using this new patented algorithm for the dual camera on the Note8~
sn1gR7n.jpg

Currently, there's two algorithm widely used for dual camera, which are either Mono+Color or Wide Angle+Long Focus.

Sent from an Xperia using GAGT

Bonn

Master Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it will have the Harman Kardon stereo speakers built in.

Jackygogogo

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Solar charge/4k capability and removable batt but gave alt accessory addon if want to go water proof.

Samfreak

Reaction score
Waiting ....
Hopefully with everything the N7 had plus more. And fingerprint scanner at the front. Plus removeable battery. Don't scare about water resistant.

Bonn

Master Member
Reaction score
Doubt there will be removable battery. If you want that, then the phone will not have the waterproof or resistant classification. I have accepted the non-removable battery. Most importantly, is the stereo loudspeakers, a good inbuilt DAC, minimum 64GB storage, 4GB ram, don't mind the dual cam but with better low light quality capabilities. 4K 60p (supporting most of the latest 4K video features) recording for up to 10-15mins in HEVC codec. Of cos, the S pen. Hopefully the S pen will have more features for user controls and not just behaving like a stylus.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well....even the S8 has a pen accessory, so the S Pen is no longer unique to the Note series

Plus, I think Samsung want to revamp the Note series after the batteries incident and avoid calling it the Note series

Ya. Last time spen is unique to note series like the Note 10.1 and Note 8 (tablet).

Now even Tab A 10 also got S Pen. Tab A 8 also has spen. Spen isnt unique anymore

Samfreak

Reaction score
Of course it is unique. The Note series is the only one with storage space for the pen built into the phone. Who wants to carry a pen separately?

garyhardwarezone

Reaction score
After 1.5yrs, i think my note 5 battery is dying. Wouldnt last half a day. Saw the video how to change the internal battery, it was horrifying.
It was iphone's idea to make battery built in , then samsung blindly followed suit.
What is so wrong to make external battery ?
I hope they wont also blindly follow iphone's new stupid idea to remove the 3.5mm std earphone jack as well.
Unfortunately i think they will.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.