LG G6

cyberac

Reaction score
Re

Really looking forward to this phone. Pretty glad they finally decided to put waterproofing for the phone. Just hope that they put a bigger battery as well. Had the G4 and I love everything about the phone but often wished that the battery life was longer.

mds8080

Reaction score

gws898

Reaction score
lg-g6-leak-back.jpg

Oh god.

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-g6-leaked-photo-747134/

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Better beware of protential bootloop and screen burn in problem. LOL..

Shinrakuonji

Reaction score
LG G6 Hardware info

Snapdragon 821
QUAD DAC ( only in selected markets)
IP67/68 Ratings .

More info to come soon .
Source of my info - Search LG G6 on Google.com

Shinrakuonji

Reaction score
To me , I am a audiophile which means I couldn't care less about processor (S821 very powerfull deh ) . The Quad DAC that is inside the V20 is here . But how will LG fine tune it , i don't know (maybe better than V20 / maybe worst ) . IP ratings are So-so for me - only use it while doing my business in toilet .

For the RAM - I am hoping for at least 4GB LPDDR4X NOT LPDDR4 .

For the Battery - Really looking for LG to make it bigger like 3400 ~ 3600 mAH .

Material wise - Metal + Glass (like iPhone 4 / 4s )

chiaRH

Reaction score
happy to see the quad dac finally in the G-series, they avoided the huge mistake with G5 when the DAC was that separate B&O thing that you had to pay extra for and the built in DAC was garbage

now they just need to improve the battery (which was also garbage in the G5), and stop using LCDs that hit image retention after 6 months of usage and the G6 should be solid

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah battery life was always bad on the G5 and v20 but they have replaceable batteries to make up for it, tiagong the g6 will not have replaceable batteries so they better step it up this time
Abit miffed about the SD821 though, I know performance won't differ too much but you would want the best future proof processor for your flagships considering how much you are paying for it

Also they should just change to amoled screens . Screen retention seems to be a common problem on LG phones

happy to see the quad dac finally in the G-series, they avoided the huge mistake with G5 when the DAC was that separate B&O thing that you had to pay extra for and the built in DAC was garbage

now they just need to improve the battery (which was also garbage in the G5), and stop using LCDs that hit image retention after 6 months of usage and the G6 should be solid

chiaRH

Reaction score
Yeah battery life was always bad on the G5 and v20 but they have replaceable batteries to make up for it, tiagong the g6 will not have replaceable batteries so they better step it up this time
Abit miffed about the SD821 though, I know performance won't differ too much but you would want the best future proof processor for your flagships considering how much you are paying for it

Also they should just change to amoled screens . Screen retention seems to be a common problem on LG phones

I use an aftershock laptop with a LG screen. It takes 5 minutes of google chrome on max brightness before the white address bar burns onto the display. I basically kind of have trust issues with LG's LCDs by now. They made a mistake reserving OLED only for their TVs.

821 vs 835 is only 1 generation difference so I'm not too bothered they stuck with an older processor. Phones have such a short lifespan that even if they entered the market with the best CPU at that time, chances are people will still replace with a new phone 2-3 years down the road.

-nzy90

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use an aftershock laptop with a LG screen. It takes 5 minutes of google chrome on max brightness before the white address bar burns onto the display. I basically kind of have trust issues with LG's LCDs by now. They made a mistake reserving OLED only for their TVs.

821 vs 835 is only 1 generation difference so I'm not too bothered they stuck with an older processor. Phones have such a short lifespan that even if they entered the market with the best CPU at that time, chances are people will still replace with a new phone 2-3 years down the road.
I guess only their recent LCDs have this problem. I have a LG LCD from 9 years ago and I am still using it daily.

mds8080

Reaction score
I guess only their recent LCDs have this problem. I have a LG LCD from 9 years ago and I am still using it daily.

Yes it seems to be a more recent problem which is worrying. My old 4XHD P880 didn't have any screen retention problems or bootloop. In fact it was totally problem free for 3 years until it died.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.