TV repair discussion thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

petetherock

Reaction score
9 year old TV? Personally I will be quite thankful for an excuse to replace the set..
Technology has moved on, and you can get a much better set these days.

jeffer

Reaction score
Samsung 40" LED

My 4yr old TV suddenly has color problem. 1st couple of weeks it "fix" itself several minutes after power on. But now it just won't go back to normal anymore. Any idea if this is still worth repairing and if roughly how much?

h ttp://i63.tinypic.com/9lgx2g.jpg

Last edited:

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Sony tv need fix, any company/shop can recomend to do a good job? Thanks

8228 eighttwoeighttwo

give model name, problem and address

not me la, i found them last time to repair my parents tv

Last edited:

clock_ED

Reaction score
Samsung's quality is bad man...

Bought the 55" LED on early 2013, spoilt on mid-2015 (red blinking led and not turning on), called for on-site repair FOC cuz under Warranty.

Now, early 2017, same problem again :(

Out of Warranty and first CSO quoted me $200, then second one called and quoted me $1,500-$2,000 for the repair....... seriously?

Sigh, anyone has TV repair contact? I suspect it's just capacitor issue..

Last edited:

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The 32in polarizer film has arrived from taobaocart. Anyone here has changed the polarizer film for the Sharp LCD TV before ?:o

THFC78

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone got lobang of people buying spoilt CRT TV

My neighbor got this JVC InteriArt Musee 29" Flat Screen CRT TV

Think the cathode ray tube is failing as the TV need some time to "warm up" before able to view.

2pH7e.png

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to repair Sharp Aquos LCD TV panel polarized film ? Some part of my TV LCD panel sort of pop up.

:o
I managed to replace the polarizer film. Bought the 32in film from Taobao for $39.
1. Removing the old polarizer film is the easy part. But removing the glue from the LCD panel is hard. Isopropyl alcohol will not do it. Need thinner and cutter blade to scrape off the glue. Smelly and messy.
2. Putting the new polarizer film. This part is even harder. Getting rid of the bubbles is the hardest part.

The whole thing took me 8 hrs to complete. :(

The $39 is not wasted but the effort is not worth it. :s22:
The TV is not ended in the garbage dump. Green effort. :D

petetherock

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone got lobang of people buying spoilt CRT TV

My neighbor got this JVC InteriArt Musee 29" Flat Screen CRT TV

Think the cathode ray tube is failing as the TV need some time to "warm up" before able to view.

2pH7e.png

You can't even give it away now.. I think you have to pay someone to take such a heavy TV away..

lobo76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my 4yr+ samsung TV now keeps rebooting. Can see the channel after it starts up... for a few seconds, then it restarts.

Checking with samsung support to see how much they will charge me... if too exp, go IT show buy new one... sigh. Not sure which to buy also if they are die so fast after warranty.

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some "karang-guni" guy took 3 sets of CRT TV from my brother in laws for $10 each. He is the regular newspaper collector. So he took them out of good will. Those things are back breaking to carry. Working sets mind you.
Couldn't imagine where those old TV sets going to be disposed off. So, I repaired my 9 year old Sharp Aquos LCD TV. Hope it can last for a few more years and pollute mother earth a little less.

Ottoke

Reaction score
CRT is really very obsolete now... the other time I ask garang guni how much will he buy, he even contemplated...

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some "karang-guni" guy took 3 sets of CRT TV from my brother in laws for $10 each. He is the regular newspaper collector. So he took them out of good will. Those things are back breaking to carry. Working sets mind you.
Couldn't imagine where those old TV sets going to be disposed off. So, I repaired my 9 year old Sharp Aquos LCD TV. Hope it can last for a few more years and pollute mother earth a little less.

That's a very good deal. A garang guni offered $2 to take away a very old Panasonic.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my 4yr+ samsung TV now keeps rebooting. Can see the channel after it starts up... for a few seconds, then it restarts.

Checking with samsung support to see how much they will charge me... if too exp, go IT show buy new one... sigh. Not sure which to buy also if they are die so fast after warranty.

Imho be prepared to replace after 3 year warranty or get extended warranty. TV technology is like early days of the pc. Tech becomes obsolete very fast. Can get cheaper and better. Just replaced my 42" fhd TV with a 49" uhd which cost much less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.