UBER / Grab in Johor Bahru

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
I set Uber to legoland at this timing (2.30pm) and realised there is no uber car. The nearest car take 17 minutes and I doubt they will come.

Like that no Uber mean no Grab? That mean I am at the mercy of taxi driver? I need 2 cars so double whammy.

*I tried fake GPS so that Grab detect my location as Legoland. And also no car. but at CIQ and also KSL there a lot of car

Last edited:

IronMan123

Master Member
Reaction score
Use promo code FREERIDES100 to get 25 trips with RM4 off each trip. If u r the Uber first timer, use my referral code v7zazuycue to enjoy first free ride.

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
Use promo code FREERIDES100 to get 25 trips with RM4 off each trip. If u r the Uber first timer, use my referral code v7zazuycue to enjoy first free ride.

cool. thanks a lot

Grab does not offer 6 seaters in Malaysia right? I checked and it seems only Uber offers that

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
hows the grab in JB? Safe or not?

grab/uber should be safer than taxi because got car plate+registration with grab.

if you got robbed by uber driver, immediately they know who is the culprit. But if you got robbed by taxi driver, there is a high chance you don't remember the car plate number. Even if you remember the plate may be fake. Grab/uber has no such problem unless you take a car whose driver face is different and car plate number is also different

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
I ride with Uber pretty often in JB, but i've always wondered where would be the most convenient pickup point be for the driver at Aeon Tebrau. May i know where you set it to be? Was it along the main road? Thanks

One of the Grab driver told me to try keying in G2000 after carpark entrance under notes. True enough, Grab driver picked us up there for return trip.

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
my airbnb host recommend me this yijia seafood.

No. 21 & 23, Jalan Indah 25/1, Taman Bukit Indah 2, Johor, Bukit Indah 2, 81200 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

which is near Aeon Bukit Indah.

If on friday night go there eat got cab or uber to legoland after that? I always very worried about it as there will be 6 people and having 6 people stuck in the restaurant is no joke

Makunouchi_Ippo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No. 21 & 23, Jalan Indah 25/1, Taman Bukit Indah 2, Johor, Bukit Indah 2, 81200 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

If on friday night go there eat got cab or uber to legoland after that? I always very worried about it as there will be 6 people and having 6 people stuck in the restaurant is no joke

ask the restaurant help u call cab and tell them the location u wan go to , thats what i always do

hanpingchien

Reaction score
grab/uber should be safer than taxi because got car plate+registration with grab.

if you got robbed by uber driver, immediately they know who is the culprit. But if you got robbed by taxi driver, there is a high chance you don't remember the car plate number. Even if you remember the plate may be fake. Grab/uber has no such problem unless you take a car whose driver face is different and car plate number is also different

i kena rob before sia. f up

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
used grab to travel around jb ...
from hotel to city square to ksl etc ...
so far so good. after discount code, is about 1 or 2 myr only ...

andy1982

Reaction score
I took at grab from Aeon Tebrau to Aeon BI, cost $24RM but got promo for $7 off. I paid him $20RM, he quite a nice driver.

I only have wifi so meeting up with the driver was tricky... But the best place to wait seems to be outside mall. Exit from the supermarket, then walk out and u will see a lot of taxi waiting. It must be outside the car park as the car won't turn in.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How safe is air bnb in KL ah ?

andy1982

Reaction score
Not sure is it safe to grab in kuala lumpur ...

Grab is pretty safe. Just make sure u check the car license plate and the driver matches what the app shows, and u can actually retrieve details from your ride should u need too. It's actually safer then a taxi, cause even thou taxi need to display the license, we don't really take notice of it or copy it down.

For safety, u might want to let someone know about your trip, and send an update (screen shot) of your driver and car.

But I admit, there are bad people everywhere. I won't say it's impossible that u get rob in the car, even the driver might get "robbed" along with u so he is free from guilt. But it can also happen in a taxi.

Most grab/uber drivers are looking to make some extra income. And most are use to driving foreigners. Just be nice to them, leave them a little tip. They happy. U happy.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How safe is air bnb in KL ah ?

I would say , KL hotels generally is not expensive ...
Would advise my friends to stay hotel.
Cheaper ones would be in Chinatown , Pudu area ...
You can also find cheap ones at KL Sentral
One nite, 2* 3* hotel is about 20+ to 30+ ...

how safe ? We wont know ... You have to check their review.
Depending on ur luck, you might get a good one ...

Only for countries such as hk, japan, euro, australia, etc
then would advise my friends to stay bnb ...

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Grab is pretty safe. Just make sure u check the car license plate and the driver matches what the app shows, and u can actually retrieve details from your ride should u need too. It's actually safer then a taxi, cause even thou taxi need to display the license, we don't really take notice of it or copy it down.

For safety, u might want to let someone know about your trip, and send an update (screen shot) of your driver and car.

But I admit, there are bad people everywhere. I won't say it's impossible that u get rob in the car, even the driver might get "robbed" along with u so he is free from guilt. But it can also happen in a taxi.

Most grab/uber drivers are looking to make some extra income. And most are use to driving foreigners. Just be nice to them, leave them a little tip. They happy. U happy.

thanks for the advise.
Perhaps shall take grab for short distance trips ...
For longer ones such as from Airport to KL Sentral, or KL Sentral to genting.
might take their airport bus or genting bus instead ...

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those using XiaoMi phone and you got Malaysia number you want to know this. Uber and Grab can't work on dual apps.

Solution: use XiaoMi second space function. Register another Gmail account and download Uber and grab apps. By doing this, sometimes the driver may call you or you have to call the driver for locating.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.