Singtel Fibre + Netlink Questions

aces89

Reaction score
Hi guys, so i have signed up the fiber internet on singtel online and they have arranged Netlink to come and install the terminal point. However when they are down, they said that the pipeline is missing (no line from singtel to my place), and they need to send their contractors down to survey the site. Does anyone know how much this will cost ? how long it will take ? IN the meantime, i was offered a temp adsl connection of 6-10mbps at 32 dollars a month. Is it possible for them to waive this? Please advise.

Last edited:

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
What are the installation charges like?
If you missed your free prior appointment with NetLink Trust, an installation charge of $235.40 (with 7% GST) for High Rise or $481.50 (with 7% GST) for landed property is applicable. The above amount is charged on behalf of NetLink Trust.

https://www.singtel.com/personal/i/internet/home-broadband/fibre-broadband-0/exstream-faq/faq

Why is your FTP missing ?
Check your contract, sometime this charge is waive.

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

aces89

Reaction score
The FTP charges isnt what i am worried about. I am more worried about the charges of the Pipeline/distribution point. Isn't this something singtel should be paying ????

Last edited:

jury_pack

Master Member
Reaction score
You staying at landed or condo ah? Means the fiber they have not lay to your place yet lor, so you won't get any fiber services at all from any telco.

aces89

Reaction score
so if they have not lay to my place for the fibre, means i have to pay???

You staying at landed or condo ah? Means the fiber they have not lay to your place yet lor, so you won't get any fiber services at all from any telco.

jury_pack

Master Member
Reaction score
so if they have not lay to my place for the fibre, means i have to pay???
But you first have to say, staying at landed or condo then can advise more accurate ma.
By right you no need to pay, you can only wait. By right ST should know whether your place has fiber or not. Try ask Singtel to terminate without penalty. But other providers will tell you the same because no backbone has been layed to your place.

aces89

Reaction score
its landed. the thing is netlink website said my house is fibre ready....so shouldnt that be like done already??? wth, im so bloody confused.

jury_pack

Master Member
Reaction score
its landed. the thing is netlink website said my house is fibre ready....so shouldnt that be like done already??? wth, im so bloody confused.
Landed... Check your outdoor DB, the area where your water and electric meter is, see if you any FTP DB there, if don't have, means not yet laid, then you can file a complaint to NLT and IDA why your house is considered home pass when the fiber is not even laid.

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
From the picture below, look at the blue line, just get Netlink Trust to lay the fibre from the manhole to your home directly to the FTP. That should be the only charges.

The FTP charges isnt what i am worried about. I am more worried about the charges of the Pipeline/distribution point. Isn't this something singtel should be paying ????

Cable Installation Outside Your Home – Landed Property Owners

For landed property owners, you are required to engage your contractor to do a series of Additions and Alterations (A&A) as guided by IDA Code of Practice for Info-communications Facilities (COPIF).

These information would also help you to make checks on the construction work done during the renovation that may affect the broadband or telephone connectivity in your home.

Recommended Set Up of How Telephone/Internet Reaches Your Home

1454478318175.png

Relocation of Singtel Distribution Point(DP)

You are required to inform Singtel before engaging in renovation works that may require the relocation of the Singtel DP. This is to ensure that the existing infrastructure will not be affected or damaged.

Note: Existing Singtel cables and DP should not be shifted or tampered with at any time.

You may contact Singtel via the following methods:

Call 1688
Call Singtel Outside Plant Engineering Department (A&A) at 6342 5952 or email g-opeaa2@singtel.com

Site survey may be necessary if reconnection of pipe & cable is required in order to support Telecom services. Charges may apply based on physical work required on site.

Checklist of IDA COPIF Requirements

One of the purpose of the IDA Code of Practice for Info-communications Facilities (COPIF) is to ensure that developers and/or home owners of landed property provide the necessary space and facilities for info-communication services to reach into the home.

If your building development plan was approved before 1 May 2013, your contractor will be required to comply to IDA COPIF 2008 and provide the following:

2 x 2” (50mm) PVC pipe from the gate pillar to 1m outside the house beyond the roadside drain provided for Singtel and other service provider.
1 continuous lead-in pipe from 1m outside the house beyond the roadside drain into the house for the NGNBN (OpenNet fibre).
Internal cabling from the gate pillar to the designated networking location inside the house.

If your building development plan was approved after 1 May 2013, your contractor will need to comply to IDA COPIF 2013 with a change in requirement:

Each home will need to be pre-installed with optical fibre cables to support fibre broadband services. There will no longer be a need to connect to a copper distribution point. However, it is important for owner/developer to ensure that the new or existing lead in pipe is connect to Singtel manhole.

Source: https://www.singtel.com/personal/i/...ibre-broadband-installation/outside-your-home

Last edited:

aces89

Reaction score
Thanks for the effort to find that out for me. i do understand that i will need to pay for the manhole to my home. But if there is a missing pipeline (whatever) they meant by that, i assume its the infrastructure, i wouldnt have to pay right? i mean it doesnt make sense to pay for something outside my house

From the picture below, look at the blue line, just get Netlink Trust to lay the fibre from the manhole to your home directly to the FTP. That should be the only charges.

Cable Installation Outside Your Home – Landed Property Owners

For landed property owners, you are required to engage your contractor to do a series of Additions and Alterations (A&A) as guided by IDA Code of Practice for Info-communications Facilities (COPIF).

These information would also help you to make checks on the construction work done during the renovation that may affect the broadband or telephone connectivity in your home.

Recommended Set Up of How Telephone/Internet Reaches Your Home

1454478318175.png

Relocation of Singtel Distribution Point(DP)

You are required to inform Singtel before engaging in renovation works that may require the relocation of the Singtel DP. This is to ensure that the existing infrastructure will not be affected or damaged.

Note: Existing Singtel cables and DP should not be shifted or tampered with at any time.

You may contact Singtel via the following methods:

Call 1688
Call Singtel Outside Plant Engineering Department (A&A) at 6342 5952 or email g-opeaa2@singtel.com

Site survey may be necessary if reconnection of pipe & cable is required in order to support Telecom services. Charges may apply based on physical work required on site.

Checklist of IDA COPIF Requirements

One of the purpose of the IDA Code of Practice for Info-communications Facilities (COPIF) is to ensure that developers and/or home owners of landed property provide the necessary space and facilities for info-communication services to reach into the home.

If your building development plan was approved before 1 May 2013, your contractor will be required to comply to IDA COPIF 2008 and provide the following:

2 x 2” (50mm) PVC pipe from the gate pillar to 1m outside the house beyond the roadside drain provided for Singtel and other service provider.
1 continuous lead-in pipe from 1m outside the house beyond the roadside drain into the house for the NGNBN (OpenNet fibre).
Internal cabling from the gate pillar to the designated networking location inside the house.

If your building development plan was approved after 1 May 2013, your contractor will need to comply to IDA COPIF 2013 with a change in requirement:

Each home will need to be pre-installed with optical fibre cables to support fibre broadband services. There will no longer be a need to connect to a copper distribution point. However, it is important for owner/developer to ensure that the new or existing lead in pipe is connect to Singtel manhole.

Source: https://www.singtel.com/personal/i/...ibre-broadband-installation/outside-your-home

giants_lee

Reaction score
Hi,

I also want to find out the process.

Can the fibre cable be laid by any contractor or it must be laid by Netlink from outside to inside the house?

If supposed any contractor can lay, can the same contractor install the termination point or this last part must be done by Netlink?

Thanks.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I also want to find out the process.

Can the fibre cable be laid by any contractor or it must be laid by Netlink from outside to inside the house?

If supposed any contractor can lay, can the same contractor install the termination point or this last part must be done by Netlink?

Thanks.
NetLink Trust is in-charge of Fibre network infrastructure in sg.
Even ISP are not allowed to tamper.
For HDB & most public housing it is free.
The FTP location is up to the flat owner.
Up to certain length is free but additional length cost is cheap.
This may be provided for by NetLink or ISP.

So there may not need to spend for this.

ISP will report to NLT should the fibre is having problem due the fibre network cables.
Then again this would be another issue... should the said problem discovered otherwise..

Well you can write to NLT yourself to resolve any issue ...
That's you are worry on the cost.
But all cost / charges are standard, as it may or not applicable.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.