Titanfall 2

zabuton

Reaction score
For your first encounter, there will more of such cases to come. Trust me.

Add me in Origin. Providence1978. Then maybe we can play together tonight. Hehehe...

You Invite the Friends from Origin list to form a party. :)

Sure. But note that I am not a competitive player. My stats chart looks like mountains. Up and down cos I am trying new things and some nights are just bad.

If I lose, I lose. No need to get mad about it.

btw, I am older than you if your last 4 digits indicates what I think it is. You will know from my username using the same info. (but I use 2 digit)

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sure. But note that I am not a competitive player. My stats chart looks like mountains. Up and down cos I am trying new things and some nights are just bad.

If I lose, I lose. No need to get mad about it.

btw, I am older than you if your last 4 digits indicates what I think it is. You will know from my username using the same info. (but I use 2 digit)

I am also not a competitive player. But I will get frustrated when my teammates become lone rangers or simply campers that do not want to help one another.

My competitiveness days are over when Counter-Strike became Counter-Strike: Source. :s13:

Better don't say so loud over our ages! Hahaha... Wait we become lao wan chong...

My wife already started to complain that I am a lao wan chong liao... Haiz...

yswrox

Reaction score
Thinking of picking up a new game, was thinking either COD: Infinite Warfare or Titanfall 2...Anyone able to feedback on comparisons? Also is Titanfall 2 multiplayer heavily populated? I'm looking to get into multiplayer more than the campaign.

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking of picking up a new game, was thinking either COD: Infinite Warfare or Titanfall 2...Anyone able to feedback on comparisons? Also is Titanfall 2 multiplayer heavily populated? I'm looking to get into multiplayer more than the campaign.

I liked Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 so I thought I gave Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare a try. Initially, I found the campaign to be quite unique and interesting. After I completed it and moved on to the multiplayer mode, I found that it was a boring clone of the one in Black Ops 3. Except that the maps are set either in deep space or futuristic environment.

You cannot even see the expression of the character you will use in a multiplayer game. Everyone wears a visor-helmet.

This is the only game which I spent only 15 hours on and uninstall after that.

Then I bought and played TitanFall 2. I never stopped playing it after completing the campaign.

Last edited:

zabuton

Reaction score

I saw there are 2000+ players on the Advocate network when I can get on about 10pm+ on SG servers. It is also not a long wait to get into a match. Typically a minute or two. There is also some info about 400+ players in matches when it is quick to connect, and later may drop to 100+, when it becomes slower to connect. (about 2am on weekends)

Only drawback is Attrition mode (6vs6) is the most populated. Other modes I haven't tried but I understand there are not many players there.

yswrox

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, I'm drawn to the gameplay and my preference has always been multiplayer. My only concern is a low-populated server, which leads to long queue times etc...Can be quite a bummer if can't easily find fully populated games.

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, I'm drawn to the gameplay and my preference has always been multiplayer. My only concern is a low-populated server, which leads to long queue times etc...Can be quite a bummer if can't easily find fully populated games.

Don't worry about the low-populated matches? There will be hardly any. Just that, you will need to pray that your team is not made up of noobs that are stubborn and idiotic. :s13:

Your blood pressure will rise in that particular match. :D

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NEW CONTENT:
Live Fire: A new Pilot vs Pilot elimination game mode! It’s a 6v6 round-based with no respawns, you will have one minute to eliminate the opposing team in order to win the round. You can also win the round if your team is holding the neutral flag when the round timer ends. The team to win 5 rounds first wins the match.
New Live Fire Map - Meadow, a lush location with grassy lanes and rocky outcroppings that provide site lines for long engagements and sneaky routes for flanking. Also zip lines are back!
New Live Fire Map - Stacks, an industrial location of open areas that sandwich a dense center point framed by towering structures. The verticality encourages attacks from above and rushes from the outside lanes.
New Faction Leader animations! Faction Leaders now play a randomly selected animation during the beginning dropship animation.
New Audio for the DLC Commander Intros.
Added a new execution, "Late Hit". Deliver a flurry of Stim fueled punches that pummel your enemy to the ground .
more @ https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/10528/patch-notes-for-live-fire-update

Jurchen King

Master Member
Reaction score
So many pro players online. They can wallrun and jump like crazy. Some can even change direction jumping in mid-air while shooting me dead. Every game they manage 10-15 pilot kills easily, while I can only manage 5-6 average. Always get backstabbed.

What's going on with the frequent online disconnection? When I'm having a good game, I'll get disconnected in the heat of action with "LAN Cable Disconnected". Then the main menu says my profile is not authorized to play multiplayer. But I click Multiplayer and get connected again. So frustrating!

What's the advantage of playing on SG servers when the system switches servers around? Feeling laggy nowadays.

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So many pro players online. They can wallrun and jump like crazy. Some can even change direction jumping in mid-air while shooting me dead. Every game they manage 10-15 pilot kills easily, while I can only manage 5-6 average. Always get backstabbed.

What's going on with the frequent online disconnection? When I'm having a good game, I'll get disconnected in the heat of action with "LAN Cable Disconnected". Then the main menu says my profile is not authorized to play multiplayer. But I click Multiplayer and get connected again. So frustrating!

What's the advantage of playing on SG servers when the system switches servers around? Feeling laggy nowadays.

I seldom touch this game liao...

Now I am more focused on Xbox One. :D

zabuton

Reaction score

5-6 not bad. Depending on your choice of weapon. Devotion is more of a support weapon, so I am ok with lesser pilot kills.

It should be the "Hover" skill that allows them to hang mid air and shoot.

Always watch your back. Since it is hard to hear footsteps behind you, turn back once a while before sprinting forward. Caught a few enemy this way.

Last few nights, the lags is bad. Sometimes I see the enemy pilot, I shoot, but died immediately. On kill replays, I can see that I kena shot even before I fired my first bullet out. Another was melee. We meet, I hit, I died. Quite sure I didn't miss. On kill replay, the other pilot saw me first and hit. WTF?

I know there is some lag, but it's just not getting any better. Scored 0 pilot kills a few night ago at the peak of lags.

Last edited:

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After the latest update, I was put off by the multiplayer selection screen.

I cannot just play on Attrition anymore. :eek:

It always ask me to select the game modes for Mixtape. Huh?

:s8:

Very confusing...

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
5-6 not bad. Depending on your choice of weapon. Devotion is more of a support weapon, so I am ok with lesser pilot kills.

It should be the "Hover" skill that allows them to hang mid air and shoot.

Always watch your back. Since it is hard to hear footsteps behind you, turn back once a while before sprinting forward. Caught a few enemy this way.

Last few nights, the lags is bad. Sometimes I see the enemy pilot, I shoot, but died immediately. On kill replays, I can see that I kena shot even before I fired my first bullet out. Another was melee. We meet, I hit, I died. Quite sure I didn't miss. On kill replay, the other pilot saw me first and hit. WTF?

I know there is some lag, but it's just not getting any better. Scored 0 pilot kills a few night ago at the peak of lags.

I always get killed either by Devotion or the semi-auto sniper rifle. Irritating... :s8:

zabuton

Reaction score
I always get killed either by Devotion or the semi-auto sniper rifle. Irritating... :s8:

Don't move in a straight line down, and keep on moving. I have problem shooting pilots unless they are moving across my screen. In which case, jumping make it harder to shoot too.

Btw, they nerfed Devotion so it's harder to kill pilots now.

Snipers from high above (boomtown,homestead) irritates me too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.