Ipoh my home town :)

Bond388

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys...good info.
i m going end of this mth.....goggle all place of interest and food already.
Will rent a car and move around:D

Thanks again

Bond388

Reaction score
BTW....can anyone tell me how long it takes to drive
fr Ipoh to Cameron Highland???

Thks:D:D:D

alancsl

Reaction score
Private-hire service

To move around Ipoh city, you can also consider the private-hire service: Meng Passenger Service (Facebook Page).

alancsl

Reaction score
A bout an hour drive from Ipoh to Kampung Raja, Cameron Highlands via the Simpang Pulai route.

ckbenz

Reaction score
actually Ipoh is up and coming
plenty of good food and less crowded than Penang
if time permits, should do Ipoh- Taiping - Penang

beside, there are plenty of new hotels around town..
nice chic café at night too

limkopilimteh

Reaction score
Anyone has recommendations on which are the good car rental companies in Ipoh?
Many thanks in advance!

fattybum50

Reaction score
Anyone has recommendations on which are the good car rental companies in Ipoh?
Many thanks in advance!

Hi,
Last Oct, I use them ---

Kereta Sewa Maju Jaya Sdn Bhd.
Mr Leong See Ming
H/P 012-5203588
Email :- info@carrental.com

Thanks

megaweb

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it easy to find free carpark in Ipoh? Or I have to get coupon from somewhere? Please advice as 1st time driving to Ipoh soon :)

tongkualongan

Reaction score
Is it easy to find free carpark in Ipoh? Or I have to get coupon from somewhere? Please advice as 1st time driving to Ipoh soon :)

Hi Megaweb,

Parking in Ipoh is coupon based system much like Singapore in the city center and old town. Still a lot of free parking outside of city center. It is generally easy to find parking and it is very affordable to park in Ipoh. 30-50 cents SGD an hour.

Things to note:
Sometimes, especially night time near those famous eatery , some "Parking Attendant" ( They are not officially parking attendant but probably some people looking to make a quick buck ) who will guide you to park, just give them 1 ringgit or so , as there are cases that they will scratch your car if you don't give them. Parking after 6pm or 7 pm is free anyways.

I wish you a good stay in Ipoh.

When in doubt, travel !
Raythetour
Friend First, Tourist 2nd

Last edited:

tongkualongan

Reaction score
BTW....can anyone tell me how long it takes to drive
fr Ipoh to Cameron Highland???

Thks:D:D:D

Hi Bond388,

About slightly more than an hour with smooth traffic. ( From Simpang Pulai )
It is advisable to visit Cameron Highland on a weekday as weekends are generally quite crowded. On a weekday , you will feel really relax without the crowds and also you will enjoy the very scenic drive up the mountain . One of the very few good scenic drives you can experience.

Don't forget to spend some time in Ipoh for the food as well :) Have a great trip!

cheers,
Raythetour

asiafrenz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any idea where within the ipoh city center (near Ipoh Parade if possible) can you find not bad Sar Kok Liew? just want to try its taste.

tongkualongan

Reaction score
any idea where within the ipoh city center (near Ipoh Parade if possible) can you find not bad Sar Kok Liew? just want to try its taste.

Hi AsiaFrenz,

I am not so sure on a good one near Ipoh Parade, but the famous one is Dai shu Geok ( translate to Big Tree Foot ) which is about 10 minutes drive from Ipoh parade ) , it is literally under a big tree.

article here:
http://www.themalaymailonline.com/eat-drink/article/the-irresistible-crunch-of-ipohs-sar-kok-liew

cheers,
Raythetour

tongkualongan

Reaction score
Mystical Fortune Teller

I recently discovered a very low key but accurate fortune teller in Ipoh.
He doesn't have any signboards or road sign to point to his house. If you don't know him, you wouldn't know that he does fortune telling. (palmistry, bazi and facial )

He is already 80 years old and has been doing fortune telling for the last 50 years. The journey to his place , least to say , is mystical. His residence nestled in some very secluded place by the river and the greens.

For some pics, you can take a look at my blog here.

http://www.raythetour.com/single-post/2017/01/09/Mystical-Fortune-Teller

cheers,
Raythetour

joeey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where shud we stay to access the 二奶街?not driving though

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Can somebuttie advise

The only way to get from Medan Gopeng bas terminal from Ipoh airport is via taxi only??
Thanks

asiafrenz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I recently discovered a very low key but accurate fortune teller in Ipoh.
He doesn't have any signboards or road sign to point to his house. If you don't know him, you wouldn't know that he does fortune telling. (palmistry, bazi and facial )

He is already 80 years old and has been doing fortune telling for the last 50 years. The journey to his place , least to say , is mystical. His residence nestled in some very secluded place by the river and the greens.

how accurate? :eek:

he tell you your past, present and future? :s11:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.