anyone opened bank account in malaysia?

computers70

Reaction score
Hmm, no real benefits other than convenience. Spore banks dangle more benefits and rewards.
Yes, if you own properties or go there for regular shopping.

Mr Brown

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't remember bringing anything in particular. Just IC or Passport will do.
They will send you monthly statements to your home in SG.

I deposited $1k rm. About $300SGD+ at that time.

so foreigners need minimum how many inside acct?

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so foreigners need minimum how many inside acct?

Dunno got min or not.

I opened OCBC with rm400 only and my CIMB got balance of less than rm100. No monthly charges unlike in Sg. But you need to pay annual fee for atm card and rm1 each time you use atm card to draw on other banks.

From what I know CIMB does not accept Singaporeans without additional doc besides passport.

chien pei

Reaction score
I went cimb, bukit indah with sg passport, and was rejected. RHB OK to accept Singaporean opening account and Maybank OK too.
Guess with the account and credit card Maybank, pumping petrol is so much faster and safer.

Hi. Do I just need to bring my passport only to open a maybank account in Malaysia? What is the minimum amount to open an account?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.