Graduate Admissions AY2017/2018

FreDeRicK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I felt that I wasn't ready to do a Masters last year. This year, I bit the bullet and applied for the MSc (Information Systems) course with NTU. Looking forward to it.

Anyone else applied to study graduate courses this year?

Asslann

Reaction score
I felt that I wasn't ready to do a Masters last year. This year, I bit the bullet and applied for the MSc (Information Systems) course with NTU. Looking forward to it.

Anyone else applied to study graduate courses this year?

Good luck, NTU Masters are not that hard to get in. :o

han.allanchan

Reaction score
I have applied for Ph.D. at NTU as well. Until now the status is " Under Consideration". I have no idea when will i know the outcome. fingers crossed.
Are there any kind souls who went through this willing to share their experiences?

Asslann

Reaction score
I have applied for Ph.D. at NTU as well. Until now the status is " Under Consideration". I have no idea when will i know the outcome. fingers crossed.
Are there any kind souls who went through this willing to share their experiences?

Just need to wait. If your background is decent, you will likely receive a call from a suitable prof in your area of interest. The prof will decide if he/she wants to take u in. NTU does this "match making" first before providing the offer.

I had several offers last time and NTU was one of it. Didn't went with them though :s22:

Last edited:

han.allanchan

Reaction score
Just need to wait. If your background is decent, you will likely receive a call from a suitable prof in your area of interest. The prof will decide if he/she wants to take u in. NTU does this "match making" first before providing the offer.

I had several offers last time and NTU was one of it. Didn't went with them though :s22:

Thanks, Asslann. Actually, I have met the professor (who is going to be my supervisor) before the application and I had a phone interview from NTU on 17th Feb. I think I just have to wait a few more weeks. :s11::s11::s12:

Asslann

Reaction score
Thanks, Asslann. Actually, I have met the professor (who is going to be my supervisor) before the application and I had a phone interview from NTU on 17th Feb. I think I just have to wait a few more weeks. :s11::s11::s12:

Then he is considering and calling other potential candidates. Maybe you can apply more places. Good luck :s8:

Last edited:

FreDeRicK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good luck, NTU Masters are not that hard to get in. :o
Thanks. I got the feeling that it's not hard to get in, just that my bachelor results were average because I was undergoing personal issues when I was taking the course.

Jacqueline.

Reaction score
you guys hold a local degree?

private degree without GMAT/GRE - what's the chances of getting in?

chrisf86

Reaction score
Applied to NUS MSc by ECE for August intake, anxiously waiting for result of admission now :s22:

swpaul

Reaction score
Did anyone get a mail asking for the hardcopies to be submitted? I got a mail few day b4 admission closing date requesting that I sent the hardcopies, though it was mentioned in the application page that no hard copies need to be sent.

Now I dont know whether they recieved the package or not, as the application status had already changed to "application under process" even b4 all these

_skyebomb

Reaction score
Just wondering what are the procedures like to apply for Masters? Is it all masters are coursework where you do research? Do I need to check if my area of interest align with the professors or is that like a secondary thing to consider?

chrisf86

Reaction score
Just wondering what are the procedures like to apply for Masters? Is it all masters are coursework where you do research? Do I need to check if my area of interest align with the professors or is that like a secondary thing to consider?

Generally there are two modes of study for Master's degree: coursework based or research based. Coursework based is a mixture of lectures, lab works, assignments etc while Research based focuses on research of a topic of your choice and may require you to produce a thesis/paper as graduation requirement.

For research based, since you need to choose a professor as a supervisor for your research project, obviously you would want to choose one whose area of research is what you're interested in. :)

Application procedure differs with universities, so it's better to check with the school that you intend to apply.

chrisf86

Reaction score
Did anyone get a mail asking for the hardcopies to be submitted? I got a mail few day b4 admission closing date requesting that I sent the hardcopies, though it was mentioned in the application page that no hard copies need to be sent.

Now I dont know whether they recieved the package or not, as the application status had already changed to "application under process" even b4 all these

Maybe it's just for supporting purpose?
I applied to NUS, hardcopy submission is a must :s12:

_skyebomb

Reaction score
Generally there are two modes of study for Master's degree: coursework based or research based. Coursework based is a mixture of lectures, lab works, assignments etc while Research based focuses on research of a topic of your choice and may require you to produce a thesis/paper as graduation requirement.

For research based, since you need to choose a professor as a supervisor for your research project, obviously you would want to choose one whose area of research is what you're interested in. :)

Application procedure differs with universities, so it's better to check with the school that you intend to apply.

Is there any differentiation for like which mode is better? Or more preferred? Or is it purely up to the student to decide?

May I know which degree did you apply to and your grades? What are the chances of getting into NUS Psychology Masters? Because I'm from SUSS and I heard that the intake is highly competitive for psychology in NUS due to the small intake each year.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.