New DIY PC Advice!

morkutao

Reaction score
Argh... So the filters are also useless...

dust accumulation is the ultimate killer... i'm living in jurong where the factories resides... i got my comp 2-3 weeks before cny and right on cny i removed my front filter... and there's actually dust already accumulating!!!

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dust accumulation is the ultimate killer... i'm living in jurong where the factories resides... i got my comp 2-3 weeks before cny and right on cny i removed my front filter... and there's actually dust already accumulating!!!

There is a BTO in front of my block. Just imagine the amount of dust that can accumulate at my parents' house daily. :s13:

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Check out fractal design define series cases like define C. Invest a bit more to the case for your scenario. The rest could be pretty common like an Intel i5 (or AMD Ryzen 5 series) with GTX 1070, 16GB ram, 240/250 gb ssd and 1tb HDD. I could draft a more detailed specs if you confirmed don't want wait for Ryzen.

If you don't mind 2nd hand ram (since lifetime warranty anyway) go carousell dig. Much cheaper than first hand.

Sent from Overpowered Phone Mark III using GAGT

I think Ryzen will be quite common before I even collect my new house keys. :s8:

Hahaha...

kurui_

Reaction score
Dust filter still got use la, but still will need to take out clean it once a few months. I normally use hair dryer to blow out the dust.

If you want maybe can buy a stronger hair dryer for new house, think your wife can appreciate using a better hair dryer too. :D

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol just wait lor. Waiting game is the best :s13:

Even if I build a new PC now, I will have no space to keep it. My room is damn crowded at the moment. Just imagine the space in a 3-room flat. The rooms are not that big when you put a queen-size bed and a wardrobe in one of them. :(

My wife is already damn fed up with the house key collection no-news delay. She don't like to live with my parents. Haiz...

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dust filter still got use la, but still will need to take out clean it once a few months. I normally use hair dryer to blow out the dust.

If you want maybe can buy a stronger hair dryer for new house, think your wife can appreciate using a better hair dryer too. :D

My wife hates hair dryers! :(

She said it is damn noisy.

kurui_

Reaction score
My wife hates hair dryers! :(

She said it is damn noisy.

Wows, normally I see ladies uses hair dryer one way or another to dry their long hair..

You can try those compressed air cans, not so noisy but will cost much more in long run. Else the good old brushes.

Rams you can wait can check out Amazon prime day Or mornitor Amazon rams now. they are cheaper than sg ones. Still, their price increased a lot these few months..

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even if I build a new PC now, I will have no space to keep it. My room is damn crowded at the moment. Just imagine the space in a 3-room flat. The rooms are not that big when you put a queen-size bed and a wardrobe in one of them. :(

My wife is already damn fed up with the house key collection no-news delay. She don't like to live with my parents. Haiz...
Then might as well move first then buy :) since it's not in a hurry, we can see how AMD Ryzen 5 excite or disappoint us also. Haha

All the best with the moving :)

produde1999

Master Member
Reaction score

Dont like to live with parents? Sounds like your live is going to be tough..

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

morkutao

Reaction score
There is a BTO in front of my block. Just imagine the amount of dust that can accumulate at my parents' house daily. :s13:

feelsbadman... but at least sooner or later the renovations will be over, jurong is literally bo bei zao

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont like to live with parents? Sounds like your live is going to be tough..

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

Hahaha... I think it will be better once we move out.

You haven't encounter the PC shut down suddenly for no reason while you were concentrated in playing StarCraft 2 multiplayer with a headset on. :s13:

Guess what happened? :eek:

Somehow it involved my wife as well. Hahaha...

But I did not laugh that time. I was shocked, angry and annoyed.

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahaha... I think it will be better once we move out.

You haven't encounter the PC shut down suddenly for no reason while you were concentrated in playing StarCraft 2 multiplayer with a headset on. :s13:

Guess what happened? :eek:

Somehow it involved my wife as well. Hahaha...

But I did not laugh that time. I was shocked, angry and annoyed.

So romantic lol...you must satisfy her gao gao first before you start playing game la.

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just found out that I can collect my house keys within July to September 2017. :)

So I wonder is there any new computer stuff to add/amend into the list?

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just remember that I have a mint-in-box power supply that has been kept in storage for many years. :eek:

Can it be used?

Mod_Xstream_Pro_700W_Modular_High_Performance_3_large.jpg

I think it is this one in the picture. Do we really need 700W nowadays?

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I RMA this power supply back then but I got the Seasonic instead while waiting for the new/replacement power supply to arrive. Thus, I did not even open the box and just stored it in one corner for many years.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.