Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If only the credit salary criteria is fulfilled, is OCBC 360 still the highest interest rate at 1.25% (inclusive of 0.05% base interest)?

Thanks.

stamploversg

Reaction score
If only the credit salary criteria is fulfilled, is OCBC 360 still the highest interest rate at 1.25% (inclusive of 0.05% base interest)?

Thanks.

I think BOC Smartsaver is also similar or better if you have large deposits...

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah man, the loan interest rate is catching up with my savings rate :(

dont know whether to continue servicing loan or pay up

looks like may have to consider the short term endowment insurance plan

is it safe? "policy protected by SDIC"

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's the current uob high yield promo? Any HSBC fd promo also? My HSBC 1.55 deposit promo ended in Feb but I need to maintain balance till mid march.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's the current uob high yield promo? Any HSBC fd promo also? My HSBC 1.55 deposit promo ended in Feb but I need to maintain balance till mid march.

best option is supersalary scb..1.3%+ to cap of 1mil for 12mth

rest all cannot make it or promo ending soon

zumaba

Reaction score
best option is supersalary scb..1.3%+ to cap of 1mil for 12mth

rest all cannot make it or promo ending soon

for supersalary scb..1.3%, do you need to setup GIRO for $1500, and for "new" customer? otherwise it is 1.1%?

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for supersalary scb..1.3%, do you need to setup GIRO for $1500, and for "new" customer? otherwise it is 1.1%?

have no idea..for me i just do 1.5k giro from 3rd party acct every month

main draw is the high ceiling and the 1.3% interest

Luffyace

Reaction score
I just created a CDP account and how do I link my posb account over to transfer the money ? I created the account at CDP HQ and I already wrote my posb acc at the application form :)

zumaba

Reaction score
Currently I have $60K with BOC Smart Save for 2.75%; and $80K for SCB e$aver for 1.28%.

I think this is the best combination comparing to other banks saving accounts like Maybank StepUp, UOB One etc., and for my case (one salary; $500+ CC spending for 5% rabte; bill payment for CC bill only).

any guru can advice if any better deal?

Nofear40

Reaction score
Currently I have $60K with BOC Smart Save for 2.75%; and $80K for SCB e$aver for 1.28%.

I think this is the best combination comparing to other banks saving accounts like Maybank StepUp, UOB One etc., and for my case (one salary; $500+ CC spending for 5% rabte; bill payment for CC bill only).

any guru can advice if any better deal?

Going for maybank saveup at 3% for $50k and $60k in Citibank maxi gain

zumaba

Reaction score
Going for maybank saveup at 3% for $50k and $60k in Citibank maxi gain

Thanks. But I thought with considering of BOC's 5-7% rebate on $500 CC spending, its SmartSave still beats Maybank Saveup down? $50K vs $60K also no good, right?

Also for 3 "products", BOC's 3x bill payment is like no efforts while Maybank's $300 Outward GIRO need some special efforts?

Well, for Citibank maxi gain, you can only count on some good rates after 12 mth if to start now?

Last edited:

Nofear40

Reaction score
Thanks. But I thought with considering of BOC's 5-7% rebate on $500 CC spending, its SmartSave still beats Maybank Saveup down? $50K vs $60K also no good, right?

Also for 3 "products", BOC's 3x bill payment is like no efforts while Maybank's $300 Outward GIRO need some special efforts?

Well, for Citibank maxi gain, you can only count on some good rates after 12 mth if to start now?

(BOC cc does not seem to have the recurring bill payment feature
Intend to put town council and telecommunications bill to Maybank cc, that will be easier for me to meet the $500 monthly spending criteria.
But I agree that BOC Family card is more attractive than Maybank platinum cc.
If your monthly tax payment is more than $300, will be able to meet the maybank $300 GIRO criteria.
At counter 11 this month. From next month onwards, assuming 1 month SIBOR at 0.7%, will be 1.76%. )

Last edited:

CoffeeStorm

Reaction score
looks like may have to consider the short term endowment insurance plan

is it safe? "policy protected by SDIC"

Yes it is also covered under SDIC but on a different scheme with certain caps on the policy value etc. More info found on the SDIC website under Policy Owner's Protection Scheme.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.