Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero - Flagship AM4 Ryzen X370 Motherboard

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A Photographic And Pictorial Introduction

Official Asus webpage
"AMD X370 ATX Gaming motherboard with Aura Sync RGB LEDs, DDR4 3200MHz, M.2, USB 3.1 front-panel connector and type-A/C"

• Aura Sync RGB LED: Stunning synchronized effects and two Aura 4-pin RGB-strip headers
  • SupremeFX: Exclusive new codec plus intuitive Sonic Studio III and Sonic Radar III
  • Compatible with both AM3/AM4 coolers
  • ROG Water Cooling Zone : Dominate your cooling system
  • 5-Way Optimization: One-click system-wide overclocking.
  • Best gaming networking: Intel® Gigabit Ethernet, LANGuard and GameFirst technologies
  • Best gaming connectivity: M.2, USB 3.1 front-panel connector and both USB 3.1 Type-A/C
  • Best gaming durability: Safeslot and premium components for maximum durability

Overview

AM3 Mounting Support
Obviously a very big selling point especially during these early Ryzen launch days

• AM2/3/3+ had a very long run with countless pre-existing cooling options - from air to water to LN2 pots
  • AM4 mounting brackets are virtually non-existent at Ryzen launch

To be continued...

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why create a separate thread? We already have a Ryzen motherboard thread.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This board is the most interesting board among the rest. So many io support, Am3 mounting holes, usb 3.1 type c front header.

I actually wonder why they came out with crosshair but not their sabertooth series.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Not confident enough. Unless the ryzen sells, you won't see a sabertooth version.

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Packaging
Classic Red & Black ROG colours.

Unboxing

AM4 Bracket & Backplate
Unlike earlier iterations, this comes with a sticky textured backplate so a little more effort is needed to gently pry it off if you are not going to use it.

...​

Raptor1

Reaction score
I was eyeing this board too. sadly it didn't have the 2x m2 slots that i wanted. :(

Have they solve the bricking issue with this board yet? Apparently the earlier sets have bricking issues.

Zankantou

Reaction score
Hi,

Sry if hijacking... just want to clarify... out of touch...
just want to check if all ryzen motherboard support 4 rams slot usage?
when they say dual memory channel is 4 rams slot right?

Regards,
Yida

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Sry if hijacking... just want to clarify... out of touch...
just want to check if all ryzen motherboard support 4 rams slot usage?
when they say dual memory channel is 4 rams slot right?

Regards,
Yida

Yes..... 10 charac it is running on dual channel.

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read that there's an empty M.2 2230 WiFi slot hidden under the BIOS flashback button area?

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
I read that there's an empty M.2 2230 WiFi slot hidden under the BIOS flashback button area?

Hi. This is exactly what I wanted to ask. I see that there is an M.2 wifi slot on the Mobo but it is not available with the accessories. I kind of use Bluetooth as a daily driver on the PC since I use my PS4 controller both as a media remote as well as for work or leisure related gaming sessions.

Is this true? Does it mean I need to find and fork out for something like the Intel 7265 IEEE 802.11ac Bluetooth 4.0 - Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Combo Adapter M.2 2230 in addition to the mobo myself?

This mobo is really fully featured. Even comparable to the Asus Maximus IX Z270 Formula mobo in terms of features. But it is instead lacking in the Wifi/Bluetooth area. Am I right to say that?

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. This is exactly what I wanted to ask. I see that there is an M.2 wifi slot on the Mobo but it is not available with the accessories. I kind of use Bluetooth as a daily driver on the PC since I use my PS4 controller both as a media remote as well as for work or leisure related gaming sessions.

Is this true? Does it mean I need to find and fork out for something like the Intel 7265 IEEE 802.11ac Bluetooth 4.0 - Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Combo Adapter M.2 2230 in addition to the mobo myself?

This mobo is really fully featured. Even comparable to the Asus Maximus IX Z270 Formula mobo in terms of features. But it is instead lacking in the Wifi/Bluetooth area. Am I right to say that?

To just the the PS4 controller?
Can just get the PS4 Wireless dongle to connect to the controller wireless.

dualshock-4-usb-wireless-adaptor-package-shot-02-us-23aug16

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/accessories/dualshock-4-usb-wireless-adaptor/

However if you intend to connect to other BT devices than you may need a separate BT card.

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
An integrated solution will be best though. Since it has a M2 2230 slot and there's no WiFi card, does Asus include the 2T2R/3T3R high gain Wifi + BT antenna combo and maybe the "WiFi Go!" adapter and the antenna mounts in the accessory kit?

Just curious though not buying haha. Personally I intend to add an xbox wireless controller as an easter egg at some point and the internal WiFi module will just make the process easier.

I'd imagine there will be other users that will use the module like LiLAsN as well.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.