Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Card

vince123123

Reaction score
Cashback lovers now have an alternative to the AMEX True Cashback card.

The SCB Unlimited Cashback Card gives 1.5% cashback for local spend and 3.0% for foreign spend (until 30 June 2017). No minimum spend and no cap on cashback earned.

It also comes with 0% admin fee feature when used on SMRT taxis (till 31 Aug 2017) - good for those days that you need to use a credit card on an SMRT taxi. Too bad it doesn't work for other taxis.

Exclusions: The following transactions are not Eligible Retail Transactions and will not earn Unlimited Cashback: a) any cash advance; b) any fees and charges (including annual fees, late payment fees, interest charges, and or finance charges) charged to your Card; c) any balance or fund transfer; d) any monthly instalment of an EasyPay transaction; e) any amount charged to your Card (and/or your supplementary credit card) that is subsequently cancelled, voided, refunded or reversed; f) recurring payments or payments made to all billing organisations using Standard Chartered Online Banking; g) AXS or ATM transactions made using the Card; h) amounts which have been rolled over from the preceding months’ statements; i) tax refunds credited into your Card account (and/or your supplementary credit card account); j) any tax payments charged to your Card (and/or your supplementary credit card); k) any insurance premiums charged to your Card (and/or your supplementary credit card); and l) any top-ups or payment of funds to any prepaid cards (with the exception of EZ-Reload charged to your Card) and any prepaid accounts including without limitation to the following accounts or any other accounts as we may specify from time to time: EZ LINK PTE LTD, EZ LINK PTE LTD (FEVO), EZ-LINK PTE LTD SINGAPORE, EZ-LINK TOP-UP KIOSK, EZ-LINK (IMAGINE CARD), EZLINK*, EZ LINK, EZLINKS.COM, FLASHPAY ATU, TRANSITLINK*, TRANSIT LINK*, TRANSIT LINK PL, TRANSIT, MB* MONEYBOOKERS.COM, WWW.IGMARKETS.COM.SG, OANDAASIAPA, OANDA ASIA PAC, PAYPAL * BIZCONSULTA, PAYPAL * OANDAASIAPA, PAYPAY * CAPITALROYA, Saxo Cap Mkts Pte Ltd and SKR*SKRILL.COM.

More details at https://www.sc.com/sg/credit-cards/unlimitedcashback/

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow! Will replace my Amex True cashback card liao!

lekguan

Reaction score
Advantage is more places accept master than amex
Small disadvantage is cashback credited the following month vs amex tcb same month offset.
Foreign spend also limited time promo only.
Overall like no real advantage over amex. Shall wait and see...

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok la good card to drop AMEX for, especially if you have existing banking relationship with SCB.

For me I can't be bothered, since I got a savings account debit card with 1% cashback, lazy to get that extra 0.5% :s22:

vince123123

Reaction score
There's also the usual signup promo of S$138 for new customers and S$20 for existing customers.

dahnoob

Reaction score
Good info. This is definitely a better TCB once the promotional 3% cashback for first $5000 is used on TCB. Too bad I'm not into cashback cards :/

vince123123

Reaction score
Neither am I, but I thought it would benefit the cashback folks out there :)

Good info. This is definitely a better TCB once the promotional 3% cashback for first $5000 is used on TCB. Too bad I'm not into cashback cards :/

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did i read wrongly or is one of the conditions no recurring payment?

f) recurring payments or payments made to all billing organisations using Standard Chartered Online Banking

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.