Are those ceramic/glass coating paint protection for cars really worth it?

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there a 10H in the first place?
Current is 9H max? :s13:
these days those groomers like to bomb anyhow.
6 year warranty, then let them hala lor, think some members here say got groomer say 12H even. :s13: :s13:

Anyway, next time before grooming must ask them what I am to expect out of the job, :s13:

The SE until now never ping me ask me about package signing. Think he also don't want me to go back for touch-ups.

hg_wng

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Talked about this briefly in another thread but whether it's worth it to you depends on what your standards and expectations are. If all you want is for your car to look shiny and clean as a whole, then probably not. If you want the car to be free of swirls, watermarks etc then you are looking for paint correction.

Skip to 6:12 if you just want to know what correction is.

After that, you will want to protect the corrected paint from and there are many ways to do this: mainly wax, sealants and coatings. So you can do some research to find what fits your needs best and chat with your groomer/detailer for his view as well.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Talked about this briefly in another thread but whether it's worth it to you depends on what your standards and expectations are. If all you want is for your car to look shiny and clean as a whole, then probably not. If you want the car to be free of swirls, watermarks etc then you are looking for paint correction.

Skip to 6:12 if you just want to know what correction is.

After that, you will want to protect the corrected paint from and there are many ways to do this: mainly wax, sealants and coatings. So you can do some research to find what fits your needs best and chat with your groomer/detailer for his view as well.
Issue is, the coating process included the paint correction, coating protection, shine, gloss, clay, etc..

It isn't too much for me to inspect the car and advise them there's swirl marks, the coating isn't even, nor the car is not shiny, and areas are still rough....

$949 for just coating is way over the sky, of course there's additional to it...

hg_wng

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Issue is, the coating process included the paint correction, coating protection, shine, gloss, clay, etc..

It isn't too much for me to inspect the car and advise them there's swirl marks, the coating isn't even, nor the car is not shiny, and areas are still rough....

$949 for just coating is way over the sky, of course there's additional to it...
I wasn't referring to your case haha, just in reply to the thread title. I agree with you and for the price you paid, the workmanship you received was definitely sub-par. Not saying that you are too tough on them (I would probably do the same).

Back to the main topic, most of the places I inquired charge roughly 800-1000 for these services and I think it's a reasonable price to pay for a job well done. IMO a car in sg is so ex, getting this done is a small percentage of your car cost so it's ok to me.

elf108

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1H or 9H. How consumer know ? Very easy to scam customer money .

playstation76

Reaction score
I wasn't referring to your case haha, just in reply to the thread title. I agree with you and for the price you paid, the workmanship you received was definitely sub-par. Not saying that you are too tough on them (I would probably do the same).

Back to the main topic, most of the places I inquired charge roughly 800-1000 for these services and I think it's a reasonable price to pay for a job well done. IMO a car in sg is so ex, getting this done is a small percentage of your car cost so it's ok to me.

Crazy logic. I will give you a few door dents and you will know how good the coating

gnixer

Master Member
Reaction score
they can give any warranty, if they close down give infinite warranty also useless.

just be careful when comes to such grooming tricks.

6 year warranty, then let them hala lor, think some members here say got groomer say 12H even. :s13: :s13:

Anyway, next time before grooming must ask them what I am to expect out of the job, :s13:

The SE until now never ping me ask me about package signing. Think he also don't want me to go back for touch-ups.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ya I know, I mean if we pay for something, the prep work must be done, else no use coating.

Imagine the car bumper dented, or scratches until paint drop, don't fix it, coat it, it still looks a lok lok car lor :s13: :s13:

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they can give any warranty, if they close down give infinite warranty also useless.

just be careful when comes to such grooming tricks.

Haha... that one is a risk we all have to take. They've been around for a while, but don't think they will in a hurry close down as their customers probably send in, take and go.

Those that sign packages probably just utilize them finish it, then chabok also, unlikely will go back often for cleaning/touch up.

Unless they did something major wrong... but yah, there's always a risk everywhere.

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha... that one is a risk we all have to take. They've been around for a while, but don't think they will in a hurry close down as their customers probably send in, take and go.

Those that sign packages probably just utilize them finish it, then chabok also, unlikely will go back often for cleaning/touch up.

Unless they did something major wrong... but yah, there's always a risk everywhere.

Don't worry la, they charge you so much and do such a sloppy job, they should be able to last a long time :s13:

HeadQuarters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Premium glass coating $528
Premium glass conditioning $78
For Honda Civic. Price sexpensive?

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't worry la, they charge you so much and do such a sloppy job, they should be able to last a long time :s13:
They had to redo again at their own cost... so I'm sure the value already twice gone liao. At least the 2nd time is way better than the first.

This is called do 1 time don't want, want do 2 two times... cannot help... customers like shoddy job, not my problem.

Anyway, $949 is cheap, no issues.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Premium glass coating $528
Premium glass conditioning $78
For Honda Civic. Price sexpensive?
Do lor, depends on the end work, you want it shiny only, or coating only, or you expect free from swirl marks, smooth, shiny, gloss, etc...

I frankly don't think any groomer in the market can pass my inspection except Zaino but pity the Toh Guan branch closed down.

HeadQuarters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do lor, depends on the end work, you want it shiny only, or coating only, or you expect free from swirl marks, smooth, shiny, gloss, etc...

I frankly don't think any groomer in the market can pass my inspection except Zaino but pity the Toh Guan branch closed down.

Any basic inspection tips (yet I will look like a pro) to share? :o

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any basic inspection tips (yet I will look like a pro) to share? :o
See it from different angles, should tell if got swirl marks, use a torch if you like (provided you don't piss off the groomer). Touch the surface, does it feel treated? Smooth or rough? Reflections are they reflective or you see uneven reflections?

Look from different height/angles to see if the coating was applied across, got fine lines or not, etc...

Depends on how picky you are. I checked every spot when I collected the car. Smooth and shiny with no swirl marks is the key.

If you aren't picky, then don't bother, do and go.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
p/s: Ask what the end result should be, and check for the items they mentioned. I checked my groomer, all those I checked were what was promised in the grooming.

HeadQuarters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
See it from different angles, should tell if got swirl marks, use a torch if you like (provided you don't piss off the groomer). Touch the surface, does it feel treated? Smooth or rough? Reflections are they reflective or you see uneven reflections?

Look from different height/angles to see if the coating was applied across, got fine lines or not, etc...

Depends on how picky you are. I checked every spot when I collected the car. Smooth and shiny with no swirl marks is the key.

If you aren't picky, then don't bother, do and go.

Buay sai lah... Must at least pattern pattern a bit :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.