Buyer's Guide II: Extreme, High-End, Mid-Range, Budget, and Entry Level Systems - Part 3

predator123

Reaction score
Hi guys need advice for this build for my fren

CPU+MOBO: ASUS H110M-A/M.2 + i5 7400 ($109+$233 lazada wogi 20%)
RAM: Kingston value ram ddr4 2x4gb ($80 lazada wogi)
GPU: Zotac Gtx 1060 mini ($265 lazada wogi 20%)
PSU: Cooler Master G550M ($75 lazada wogi 20%)
SSD+Casing: Samsung Evo 850 250GB, Xigmatek Frontliner ($175 lazada wogi 20%)

Total: $937 -(shopback $12) ~$925

Is 550watts PSU enough to power this system?

Last edited:

Jargon

Reaction score
Hi guys, need advice for building a SFF rig while reusing parts that I already have (which I will be bringing for use in Japan).

I am looking for a chassis which is around the size of the CM Elite 110/130 (or similar 'cube' form factor), and am thinking of using this with a 4K monitor.

The following are the parts I have:

CPU - 5820K
RAM - Kingston Technology HyperX FURY Black 32 GB Kit
Mobo - MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon
GPU - ZOTAC GTX 1070
Fan - Noctua NH-D14
Storage - Silicon Power SDD 1GB/WD RED 3TB
PSU - HX850i

Please advise which parts I could reuse and which would not fit into a chassis of that size.

Also, do I need to change the CPU/mobo and if so, any recommendations for these?

Finally, are PSU bought locally compatible with Japanese voltage, or do I have to get a new PSU in Japan?

CHEETT

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to all this and never DIY before. Would appreciate the help and don't mind paying you for your trouble.

I will need a DIY PC that I can play GTA 5 and Counter Strike.

Was going to buy this

page-6.jpg

But many recommend me to go DIY so im here to ask and check things out.

Last edited:

Relekz

Reaction score
Hello Seniors!

Planning to head down to simlim this Sunday to build gaming PC with the budget of 2K. i already have the monitor, OS, keyboard and mouse. PC is just for gaming purposes and my friend have recently typed out a list of parts for me to consider

Motherboad & Processor: MSI Z170A PC MATE / i5 7600K ($569)
GPU: ASUS GTX 1070 8GB DUAL ($699)
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2400MHZ CL14 ( 8GBx2pcs ) ($199)
SSD: OCZ 120GB SATA3 TL-100 SSD 2.5" ($79)
HDD: WESTERN.D 1TB BLACK 64MB SATA3 ($112)
Power Supply: CORSAIR CX 750W 80+ BRONZE ($133)
CPU Fan: C.M HYPER D92 PWM COOLER ($69)
Casing: ????

Total: $1860

how does the above setup sounds? Thanks alot in advance!

Last edited:

joshuaho

Reaction score
Since u are only using it for gaming, do u intend to OC? Otherwise u could get a b250/h270 board with a non k 7500

GPU u could head over to carousell, lots of sellers selling their used/brand new 1070 over there, some shops even post their items over there with special prices, on average can find a 1070 over there at around 500+

WD black, u could aim for the blue or other Brands too, black a little unnecessary in my opinion, 1TB cost hovers around $50 << if u say that black is faster hence u want to go for it, might as well TOP on your SSD, over there the speed incremental is more noticeable

Cpu cooler u could get the 212x at around 49-59 depending on your seller

Hello Seniors!

Planning to head down to simlim this Sunday to build gaming PC with the budget of 2K. i already have the monitor, OS, keyboard and mouse. PC is just for gaming purposes and my friend have recently typed out a list of parts for me to consider

Motherboad & Processor: MSI Z170A PC MATE / i5 7600K ($569)
GPU: ASUS GTX 1070 8GB DUAL ($699)
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2400MHZ CL14 ( 8GBx2pcs ) ($199)
SSD: OCZ 120GB SATA3 TL-100 SSD 2.5" ($79)
HDD: WESTERN.D 1TB BLACK 64MB SATA3 ($112)
Power Supply: CORSAIR CX 750W 80+ BRONZE ($133)
CPU Fan: C.M HYPER D92 PWM COOLER ($69)
Casing: ????

Total: $1860

how does the above setup sounds? Thanks alot in advance!

parkson

Reaction score
Hi guys, looking to build a PC for light gaming (Fifa 17) with budget around $800-$1,000. No need monitor and OS. Thanks in advance!

csoyzx

Master Member
Reaction score
anybody bought tecware quad casing? Googled it and not much information as it's relatively new.. any feedback from bros who bought it?

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello gurus,

I have a budget of about $2000. I am planning to setup a rig for FPS gaming. My requirements are:

Processor: Intel i5 (not planning to overclock)
Mainboard: No preference
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1070
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Storage: 256 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD
Optical Storage: No need - reusing from old PC
Casing: No preference

Could you please advice what parts should I get?

TIA.

Last edited:

natnut

Reaction score
Building it on your own is cheaper and has better warranty status if u order parts locally

If I can get these parts cheaper locally could you help me with recommending the cheapest parts? What do you think of my proposed build?

Broadly speaking I'm looking for

i5 7400
2TB HDD
16 GB RAM
Samsung Evo 256 GB SSD or equivalent performing SSD
GTX 1060 6GB VRam or equivalent AMD graphics card

Is this build value or should I upgrade or downgrade any component?

Thanks so much for your advice.

alexion2k

Reaction score
Seem like there's quite a number of people build gaming rig lately. Just a few advises for those who building gaming pc. With the recent generation of processors, intel and amd ryzen, you have to factor in rams speed now. Nowadays, a high speed rams help to boost cpu performance unlike olden days where ram doesn't play a big factor. It's have proven recent benchmark that rams actually increases ur fps and not just having a good GPU. A good example on ram affects performance will be games like Overwatch, where its low on gpu usage but more on cpu and ram usage. New AAA games start to incorporate more cores and threads to run games.

So if u have extra money, its good to consider a good rams. The sweet spot is for a dddr4 ram 3200mhz/c16 for efficiency/price. Sadly, rams prices increased so much that could be x2-x3 ur budget on ram if you buy locally. So shop rams oversea is the best bet for a getting a good deal on rams. Can try amazon or newegg for deals as local prices are more control.

Secondly for those who enjoy fps games, you might consider a 144hz monitor as well. It's already a norm in US, even for casual players there to own a 144hz monitor as prices dropped so much over the years. 144hz is what you get to the old big CRT monitor in the past. Many had express improvement in experience playing fps game using G-sync or free-sync.

Last edited:

qu4rtz

Reaction score
Hi guys, need advice for a custom rig. looking for a rig with around 800-1k budget. Mainly used for dota2, CS GO, netsurfing etc. Thanks!

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
1.5k with gtx 1070, inclusive of os possible ?

oQEiEPQ.png

casing i would prefer the above.

what's the model again

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1.5k with gtx 1070, inclusive of os possible ?

oQEiEPQ.png

casing i would prefer the above.

what's the model again

should be doable for it. but u must find the correct gtx 1070 for such case.

the case model should be FD node 202.

DefinePro

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm thinking of building a budget rig. Can anyone recommend me the specs, will like it to be able to support new games, not at the highest end graphics but at least must be able to run at medium smoothly? Budget is probably between 800-900? (might extend a little if can get a much better one without extending too much). My current laptop is quite cui since it can't even support player unknown battlegrounds, only can play dota 2.

ElZedHaitch

Reaction score
Hey guys. My computer is not that old, rocking a 4590 and a 980ti. But when I recently upgrade to a 144hz 1440p monitor, sometimes the cpu seems to be bottlenecking a bit. Causing some stutter or framerates are unable to be more than 60. Check and my cpu usage is near 80 to 90% whole gpu is at 60 to 80%.

So thinking about upgrading my cpu.
Should I just get a 4790k and on a bit or maybe get a ryzen 5?

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. My computer is not that old, rocking a 4590 and a 980ti. But when I recently upgrade to a 144hz 1440p monitor, sometimes the cpu seems to be bottlenecking a bit. Causing some stutter or framerates are unable to be more than 60. Check and my cpu usage is near 80 to 90% whole gpu is at 60 to 80%.

So thinking about upgrading my cpu.
Should I just get a 4790k and on a bit or maybe get a ryzen 5?

ern, maybe u can tell us whats the games u playing? and does other games also have the same issues?

next check if the drivers have been updated?
or maybe can try to tweak some settings and see?

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm thinking of building a budget rig. Can anyone recommend me the specs, will like it to be able to support new games, not at the highest end graphics but at least must be able to run at medium smoothly? Budget is probably between 800-900? (might extend a little if can get a much better one without extending too much). My current laptop is quite cui since it can't even support player unknown battlegrounds, only can play dota 2.

800~900 on new games with medium settings abit hard, but i think doable. (even though might need to skimp out on some parts.)

as for unknown battlegrounds in CPU bound (from what i know) due to the large map base game.

maybe u can list out what are the new games u are going to play?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.