Overseas during Ops Manning

Rusty89

Reaction score
Hey guys, just a question. I know that we cant be overseas during the standby period. Just wanna know what happen if u have to go overseas? Is it just to notify whoever before the period?

Damn sian sia. gotta man twice a year. :(:(:(

bigbird888

Reaction score
Hey guys, just a question. I know that we cant be overseas during the standby period. Just wanna know what happen if u have to go overseas? Is it just to notify whoever before the period?

Damn sian sia. gotta man twice a year. :(:(:(

Assuming you are not holding an exit permit, just lodge the overseas trip notification.

Rusty89

Reaction score
Assuming you are not holding an exit permit, just lodge the overseas trip notification.

Hey thanks for the reply. U mean i am able to do that during my ops manning period? Haha sorry for the noobish qn

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just go. Log your overseas notification. and if really activate, they will ask for photocopy of your passport. thats all.

it will be good if you have your ops room contact number and if they really activate you, u can call back and say you overseas. It makes their lives much easier.

mgx-alander

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NSmen are required to apply for an Exit Permit for overseas trips of 6 months or longer. NSmen who go overseas for more than 24 hours but less than 6 months must notify MINDEF of their overseas trips through the MINDEF Notification Centre (MNC). The possession of an Exit Permit or the notification or the notification of MINDEF Notification Centre does not absolve NSmen from mobilisation and to report for NS duties when required.

During mobilisation manning period, NSmen can still travel overseas but are required to seek approval from their unit to be exempted from mobilisation prior to departure. Failing which, disciplinary actions will be taken.

Your Role as Nsmen

at least tell ur orbiter

NoobMi

Reaction score
base on my understanding, u will need to inform ur officer early regarding ur overseas trip.
ur officer will then seek approval from BN HQ. then u can go apply exit permit.

if str8 apply exit permit without telling ur officer is not allowed during ops manning period.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
base on my understanding, u will need to inform ur officer early regarding ur overseas trip.
ur officer will then seek approval from BN HQ. then u can go apply exit permit.

if str8 apply exit permit without telling ur officer is not allowed during ops manning period.
Exit permit only for over6 months

junny1

Reaction score
FYI

1. Should you have overseas plans during manning period, please inform your PS/PC.

2. Overseas notification is not enough now. You have to inform your PC and he will seek approval from BN HQ OR you can email your CO for approval with the reason (ONLY FOR URGENT MATTERS to be excused from manning)

3. Exit permit not required.

4. For getting approval of overseas plans during manning period, LAST MINUTE notification is a sure no-go. You have to inform and get approval at least 1 MONTH before the start of manning period. So any last minute overseas plans is definitely a nono unless URGENT matters and need to be excused.

seantan101

Reaction score
Hi, what if call you to seek permission and got rejected due to personal matters, but still proceed to go, covering the duration of the manning period, what will be the charge? Fine? Or db?

elnewbie

Reaction score
As long as you submit a valid air ticket, they will let u go. No air ticket, can forget about going.

Hi, what if call you to seek permission and got rejected due to personal matters, but still proceed to go, covering the duration of the manning period, what will be the charge? Fine? Or db?

seantan101

Reaction score
I've since called my unit and permission is not granted, what if I still proceed, what will be the consequences I face. Many thanks

elnewbie

Reaction score
Did you produce an air ticket ? If you have an air ticket, you can ask the unit to compensate you for the cancellation charges and see what they say.

I've since called my unit and permission is not granted, what if I still proceed, what will be the consequences I face. Many thanks

seantan101

Reaction score
No, I don't have,it's a last min personal urgent matter. And have decided I will need to go. Wondering what's my penalty I'll face when I come back.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No, I don't have,it's a last min personal urgent matter. And have decided I will need to go. Wondering what's my penalty I'll face when I come back.
was this urgent matter made know when you seek permission?

seantan101

Reaction score
The warrant still said no when I called him directly. It's made known to him but I don't have documents as it's still a personal matter

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The warrant still said no when I called him directly. It's made known to him but I don't have documents as it's still a personal matter

going malaysia? else how come no air ticket? no hotel booking?

anyway, warrant say no, then OC? CO? all say no? you are left with meeting the MP

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.