Malaysia and Indonesia DTV reception

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If yes, where do you live and whether it's a active or passive antenna?

WestGuy

Banned
Reaction score
Yep i can. Near boon lay mrt. Using Amazon's active 50 mile range antennae

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i wonder if i invest in an antenna from qoo10 will i be able to recieve malaysian channels?
i live in the north and my MATV point cannot tune to any MY channels? Is it due to HDB filters or what? Or my area reception suck?

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can receive malaysia digital tv channels? What antenna did you use, is the qoo10 digital passive antenna able to receive? I know it must be based on locations.

Maverick_83

Reaction score
Funke DSC 550 Active Antenna, Seletar Hills, ground floor, can receive M'sian channels if the antenna is near the window.

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
I think I should give my own input. Since I live in a HDB at the lower floors in the East, I can say that Funke DSC-550's 40KM radius can't get me any Malaysia or Indonesian channels.

Then, I went with another person's suggestion to buy the 50 mile (80km radius) antenna from Amazon. The 1byone Amplified Antenna. It too did not get me any Malaysian and/or Indonesian channels.

It clearly seems to be based on your location as well as if there are any obstructions in that area.

So here's my 2 cents having wasted my own money on these 2 antennas. :s22:
Amazon's return policy is top notch. Harvey Norman's where I bought the Funke antenna, not so much. Did not even reply to my return request.

ladiesman217

Master Member
Reaction score
I think I should give my own input. Since I live in a HDB at the lower floors in the East, I can say that Funke DSC-550's 40KM radius can't get me any Malaysia or Indonesian channels.

Then, I went with another person's suggestion to buy the 50 mile (80km radius) antenna from Amazon. The 1byone Amplified Antenna. It too did not get me any Malaysian and/or Indonesian channels.

It clearly seems to be based on your location as well as if there are any obstructions in that area.

Amazon's return policy is top notch. Harvey Norman's where I bought the Funke antenna, not so much. Did not even reply to my return request.

Huh you stay at the bottom of Singapore, furthermore in the east......surely you didn't expect to receive msia DVB-T2 signals? :s13:

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

If you are still keen to experiment (they will have HD transmission eventually), you can try with outdoor antenna, as the malaysian digital tv transmission is on outdoor reception mode.

For Funke, they have some nice looking outdoor antennae. You will have better chance if it can be positioned facing north.

Google "outdoor tv antenna" and you will find a wide range of selection.

moron+genius

Reaction score
Already answered above in Post #12 & 13 of this thread...

All Malaysian channels are in the same frequency. Scan that frequency, it's able to either find all or none.
Can't find any at tat freq no choice only got few sg channels to watch

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.