Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

Administrator
Reaction score
Quite packed leh, Smove need to clock online hours for the credits, cannot offline, eat half way ping, hard to dabao liao.

I sit in car can slowly chew and wait for ping. Ping liao, keep, finish job, slowly eat again. Not too bad, no need rush as compared to sitting at kpt lor.

Not too bad la, normally I last hour return car then eat one.

Quite qi cham. Really is lui pai tan. :(

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quite qi cham. Really is lui pai tan. :(
LoL... not really la... is just that I prefer to clock 8 hours online for $20 credits. Going offline risks me not hitting that 8 hours. I can rent longer hours, but when the car idling not in use, is waste $ rental. So I rent shortest possible and maximise the earnings.

I mostly rent 9-10, the last hour, I don't pick passengers, I just return and have dinner and wait till time up. Ocassionally, stop by selegie beancurd, enjoy a break etc...

Sitting at home nets me nothing except electricity bills :s13: so still okay.

Don't have to follow me work so hard, part-time is like this, cannot take breaks as frequent as full-timers :)

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quite packed leh, Smove need to clock online hours for the credits, cannot offline, eat half way ping, hard to dabao liao.

I sit in car can slowly chew and wait for ping. Ping liao, keep, finish job, slowly eat again. Not too bad, no need rush as compared to sitting at kpt lor.

Not too bad la, normally I last hour return car then eat one.
Oh need to clock online hrs one ah
Like that quite jialat

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 9 using GAGT

idiotboi89

Reaction score
Problem is a lot of people also think like you, but once they start driving...they diao...
Extra 100-200.... once u start, u will think an extra 1000-2000 a month would be nice. Then u push yourself more and more, sacrificing sleep and work performance suffer.
Initially when I started, I was pushing 1200 to 1400 per week.part time. But Everyday managing 3 to 4 hours of sleep

hahaha, i kind of worried about that also. Extra few hundred a month can put into savings or invest for the future. Easier to do this way than to tell boss to up your pay.

Thank you for sharing. How are you handling it today? still driving?

HeadQuarters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Walao! Really Part 3 lai liao :eek:

I wonder what this forum would be like without this thread :o

HeadQuarters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eat in car got a smell leh... Riders confirmed can smell it but many dare not say :o

Peach Tea

Suspended
Reaction score
Grab really smelly. Open app this morning show no taxi but a lot of grabcar that surge due to rain.
Book taxi came within 3 mins.

PlayDough

Banned
Reaction score
Those SMOVE cars alot of them once you start engine the engine light turns on in the dashboard. Will you still continue to drive or?

Optionstrader

Banned
Reaction score
aZIzEvrl.jpg

Sent from Asus ASUS_Z00AD using GAGT

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eat in car got a smell leh... Riders confirmed can smell it but many dare not say :o
That's why I do it before return car.

That time I ate MCD, I couldn't smell it, but my passengers were like 'woah! Nice smell' - guilty look.

Nowadays I open window blow aircon and blow wind before pick up passengers if I eat during the working hours :s13:

swainchua

Reaction score
Well, it actually took sometimes for people to realise this...
Actually only apply in singapore...
HK you have to be rich to become a taxi driver. $1m for 1 taxi.
Do you think HK govt is right to ban uber or SG govtis right to welcome such competition?

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUNG PEOPLE DRIVING UBER FULL TIME? 10 REASONS

(You can also watch the short 3-minute video at here)
TODAY news reported that more and more young people below the age of 30 are now driving Uber and Grab full time. They seem happy with it and many said that they will continue driving them as long as possible.

So sad. There's nothing wrong with driving a cab but young people are supposed to be in high demand and driving Uber or Grab should be the last resort and not the first choice.

It is like you are young and you can have a very active life but you are extremely happy staying at home all the time. There is nothing wrong except that you are missing out on the good things in life.

You see when you drive Uber or Grab you are missing out many things as compared with having your own career or business. The 10 things you are missing are:
No CPF, thus no savings for your old age and for your house
No holidays, no public holidays and no weekends to enjoy
No colleagues and business partners thus little chance to learn from colleagues and work counterparts
No skills other than on the road skills, talking with people on a short term basis, and, skills on picking up passengers
No chance to try out more challenging tasks like working overseas, running your own business and taking on more responsibilities other than driving on the road
No career development opportunities other than driving more and more hours on the road, driving more upmarket cars and picking up more upmarket passengers
No chance to be financially intelligent as there is little chance to save more than a thousand dollars a month
No team building skills as the only team you build are with Uber and Grab fellow drivers and their support staff
No writing skills to be developed other than texting with passengers on where to pick them up
No public speaking skills to be developed as you are always talking to passengers inside a car and little chance to talk outside
I could go on and on but the point is there is nothing wrong with driving a cab, Uber or Grab as long as you have no other opportunities. But if you are young, below 30, and have lots of opportunities before you and you choose to shut off all of them to be in the solace of a car driving 10 hours a day earning 2 to 3.5 thousands a month, I want you to think twice. You may hate me for telling you this but I will still tell you this: there is something wrong when more and more young people drive Uber and Grab full time.

By Andy Ng, Chief Trainer Coach with Asia Trainers, see list of courses at www.asiatrainers.com and be awed by his videos at www.youtube.com/AndyNgCoach/videos. You can also watch the 3-minute video on this article at here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.