Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those SMOVE cars alot of them once you start engine the engine light turns on in the dashboard. Will you still continue to drive or?
Not your car, why bother. Breakdown/spoil, just blame it on Smove never do maintenance. Everytime I finish driving, the receipt comes, I feedback what needs to be done - tyres/brakes/aircon, etc.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, it actually took sometimes for people to realise this...
Actually only apply in singapore...
HK you have to be rich to become a taxi driver. $1m for 1 taxi.
Do you think HK govt is right to ban uber or SG govtis right to welcome such competition?

--Snip---
It's easy la...

As long as govn can milk $, they will approve it. If heroin can make them billions, they will approve it sooner later, you believe?

swainchua

Reaction score
It's easy la...

As long as govn can milk $, they will approve it. If heroin can make them billions, they will approve it sooner later, you believe?

Just like how they approve cigarettes and ban vaping

Optionstrader

Banned
Reaction score
Well, it actually took sometimes for people to realise this...
Actually only apply in singapore...
HK you have to be rich to become a taxi driver. $1m for 1 taxi.
Do you think HK govt is right to ban uber or SG govtis right to welcome such competition?

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUNG PEOPLE DRIVING UBER FULL TIME? 10 REASONS

(You can also watch the short 3-minute video at here)
TODAY news reported that more and more young people below the age of 30 are now driving Uber and Grab full time. They seem happy with it and many said that they will continue driving them as long as possible.

So sad. There's nothing wrong with driving a cab but young people are supposed to be in high demand and driving Uber or Grab should be the last resort and not the first choice.

It is like you are young and you can have a very active life but you are extremely happy staying at home all the time. There is nothing wrong except that you are missing out on the good things in life.

You see when you drive Uber or Grab you are missing out many things as compared with having your own career or business. The 10 things you are missing are:
No CPF, thus no savings for your old age and for your house
No holidays, no public holidays and no weekends to enjoy
No colleagues and business partners thus little chance to learn from colleagues and work counterparts
No skills other than on the road skills, talking with people on a short term basis, and, skills on picking up passengers
No chance to try out more challenging tasks like working overseas, running your own business and taking on more responsibilities other than driving on the road
No career development opportunities other than driving more and more hours on the road, driving more upmarket cars and picking up more upmarket passengers
No chance to be financially intelligent as there is little chance to save more than a thousand dollars a month
No team building skills as the only team you build are with Uber and Grab fellow drivers and their support staff
No writing skills to be developed other than texting with passengers on where to pick them up
No public speaking skills to be developed as you are always talking to passengers inside a car and little chance to talk outside
I could go on and on but the point is there is nothing wrong with driving a cab, Uber or Grab as long as you have no other opportunities. But if you are young, below 30, and have lots of opportunities before you and you choose to shut off all of them to be in the solace of a car driving 10 hours a day earning 2 to 3.5 thousands a month, I want you to think twice. You may hate me for telling you this but I will still tell you this: there is something wrong when more and more young people drive Uber and Grab full time.

By Andy Ng, Chief Trainer Coach with Asia Trainers, see list of courses at www.asiatrainers.com and be awed by his videos at www.youtube.com/AndyNgCoach/videos. You can also watch the 3-minute video on this article at here
good point ive driven the lamborghini already yet to drive Bentley Bugatti and a few others

Sent from Asus ASUS_Z00AD using GAGT

psychoboy_321

Reaction score
100 is not including rental and petrol. Mine bill is 50 plus so 50 profit for 4 hours. 1 hr $12.50.
Sat drive taxi 12 hrs gross 320 . less diesel and rental 80 so profit is 240 for 12 hrs. 1 hr $20.

Uber I no take any break. Taxi I keep taking breaks.
If like facewash chiong can earn even more.

If wanna drive uber might as well go work banquet partime also smelly smelly 10 per hour. Still got free food.
No accident risk. No worry about insurance excess, Traffic summons.

You have not included your cash king and other incentives like Smove credits and stuff. If you dont calculate all these sure cannot compare with taxi.

xaHshenGx

Reaction score
hello anyone can advise on the procedures to drive for grab/uber? Interested to drive temporarily while i'm looking for a full time job, probably for a few weeks to a month.

longjuan

Reaction score
hello anyone can advise on the procedures to drive for grab/uber? Interested to drive temporarily while i'm looking for a full time job, probably for a few weeks to a month.

Suggest you take the flexible scheme one and try 1 week first. You can try smove or tribecar. They have different promotions for newbies. Cos driving not easy and if you take with the rental company at least one month contract.

DrunkenWhaler

Reaction score
Thanks. Any tips for noob driver? Last time i touched a car was 2 yrs ago. Parking kinda sucks now though. I'm planning to drive slow & safe. But any of you guys received complaints for doing so?

longjuan

Reaction score
Thanks. Any tips for noob driver? Last time i touched a car was 2 yrs ago. Parking kinda sucks now though. I'm planning to drive slow & safe. But any of you guys received complaints for doing so?

Try not to rely on GPS too must. When you go to one area you are unfamiliar. Try to remember the road. GPS sometimes bring you one big round or you suppose to turn left they ask you turn right. Parking wise its ok cos you seldom need to park except at the start and end.

DrunkenWhaler

Reaction score
Try not to rely on GPS too must. When you go to one area you are unfamiliar. Try to remember the road. GPS sometimes bring you one big round or you suppose to turn left they ask you turn right. Parking wise its ok cos you seldom need to park except at the start and end.

Thankfully i'm blessed with a very good ability to navigate and remember roads well. Sometimes just afraid of certain lanes can only go certain directions. Then when want to filter kanna bully. Hopefully i won't have to park in tight spaces while waiting for riders

psychoboy_321

Reaction score
I didnt do UFC this week cause was doing GPH but this was my last week 03 March, 31 trips @ 10hours even more cheong. :s22:

Z741uY8.jpg

$279 + $60CK - $112(Rental) = $22.7/hr.
If include Smove credits and others based on my calculation i getting $28/hr
I think it depends on how you calculate, experience and timing.

Last edited:

jkohlc2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Don't blindly follow gps, know where pickup points are. Ask passengers for directions if needed, especially when nearing drop off point

Sent from null using GAGT

jkohlc2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thankfully i'm blessed with a very good ability to navigate and remember roads well. Sometimes just afraid of certain lanes can only go certain directions. Then when want to filter kanna bully. Hopefully i won't have to park in tight spaces while waiting for riders

Google maps will tell you the number and direction of lanes ahead, but waze don't have

Can be helpful in areas like cbd

Sent from null using GAGT

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's easy la...

Temasek Holdings has a stake in Grab.
Grab cannot die.

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It helps to at least have a basic understanding of maps.
Those A1 and the CBD maps provided by the Singapore Taxi Academy are interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.