Singtel Music Streaming

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I was thinking of subscribing to either Spotify or Tidal Hifi via Singtel. Anyone here have any experience or suggestions about it? Which is better?

Thanks!

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I was thinking of subscribing to either Spotify or Tidal Hifi via Singtel. Anyone here have any experience or suggestions about it? Which is better?

Thanks!

Really depend on you and your gear.
If you are using Out of box earpiece/cheap one, just get Spotify will do.
However unless you are audiophile than for Tidal since Tidal is loseless
and now HD format.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually I listen mainly to rock and pop and prefer lossless audio. My 'go to' earphone is my Earin while audiophile will be my UM custom with RSA predator amp. I also have a FiiO X1ii as my main rig.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually I listen mainly to rock and pop and prefer lossless audio. My 'go to' earphone is my Earin while audiophile will be my UM custom with RSA predator amp. I also have a FiiO X1ii as my main rig.

Tidal than but the library for Chinese music is lacking.
FYI Spotify is going Hi fi also but unknown when.
Cheers.

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score

Thanks!
been using singtel music for more than a year now.

quite a good deal for spotify. offline playback, and free local music streaming (no data used). and cheaper.

just need to re-con after the one-year contract for singtel music ends.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tidal than but the library for Chinese music is lacking.
FYI Spotify is going Hi fi also but unknown when.
Cheers.

Wow if Spotify is going Hifi then I might just wait a while, though subscription is going to be more expensive like Tidal Hifi now.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
been using singtel music for more than a year now.

quite a good deal for spotify. offline playback, and free local music streaming (no data used). and cheaper.

just need to re-con after the one-year contract for singtel music ends.

Actually Tidal also free data streaming and more expensive due to lossless/HD. Contract wise can also subscribe without contract but pay slightly more per mth.

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i will be careful with singtel.. i almost subscribe to Tidal hifi, saw $15.99 from singtel.. if sign from Tidal direct is $19.99 but to get $15.99 i need to sign 1 year contract, means technically i cant switch even if Spotify offer Hifi say 3 months down the road..

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i will be careful with singtel.. i almost subscribe to Tidal hifi, saw $15.99 from singtel.. if sign from Tidal direct is $19.99 but to get $15.99 i need to sign 1 year contract, means technically i cant switch even if Spotify offer Hifi say 3 months down the road..

So I would monitor first. No contract for Tidal Hifi on Singtel is $19.90/mth.

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So I would monitor first. No contract for Tidal Hifi on Singtel is $19.90/mth.

personally i find it doesnt make sense to tie myself down 1 year to save $4 per month.. Spotify can anytime give a $10 per month for 6 months as promo.. then suck thumb liao :D

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
personally i find it doesnt make sense to tie myself down 1 year to save $4 per month.. Spotify can anytime give a $10 per month for 6 months as promo.. then suck thumb liao :D

So u think I should wait for Spotify to launch their lossless/Hifi?

behwatch

Reaction score
Using spotify from Sep16. Good range of songs. Chinese english japanese.
Anyway android phones dont sample higher than 24bit 48KHz. The OS limits everything. Spotify cheaper half price. Gd enough.

_dXter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tidal lossless is CD quality 16bit 44.1kHz, so android phones are plenty good.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using spotify from Sep16. Good range of songs. Chinese english japanese.
Anyway android phones dont sample higher than 24bit 48KHz. The OS limits everything. Spotify cheaper half price. Gd enough.

tidal lossless is CD quality 16bit 44.1kHz, so android phones are plenty good.

But I'm using iPhone, so I presume it's the same?

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think so since we are not sure when Spotify will launch this. Use your best judgement.

Hmm...I still prefer to listen to lossless if possible and I know iPhones support ALAC, but as said above that Tidal is CD quality only at 16 bit, not a lot difference if I output via bluetooth.

hawkwind

Master Member
Reaction score

The key advantage of Singtel is free data on your phone. If a good part of your listening is done while on the move, this is a good option without having to keep downloading music first. I use Spotify and have been happy with the wide selection and sound quality, which frankly I find more than enough for music enjoyment.

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The key advantage of Singtel is free data on your phone. If a good part of your listening is done while on the move, this is a good option without having to keep downloading music first. I use Spotify and have been happy with the wide selection and sound quality, which frankly I find more than enough for music enjoyment.

thanks for pointing this out. In that case, it is indeed very good for those on the move a lot...

the use case for myself is quite different as i have wirelessSG nearby.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've decided and signed up Spotify Premium on Singtel and have linked up Singtel Music to Spotify.

So I just use the Spotify app then automatically will be linked to Singtel?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.