Laptop with creative Gigawork S750

Rarekid

Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking for speakers for my laptop. Since I have some unused (sub-woofer spoiled many years back) 7 pieces of 10+ years old Gigawork S750 satelite mounted on my wall already, might as well try to revive it.

What do i need to power these speakers? Can i use the sound blaster omni surround 5.1 or what other alternatives there are?

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You need a AV amplifier, however for PC use just get a
desktop speaker will do.
Save the trouble as well as $.

Rarekid

Reaction score
You need a AV amplifier, however for PC use just get a
desktop speaker will do.
Save the trouble as well as $.

That is what I thought too which is why i sticked on with a mini bluetooth speaker for years. Now that the mini speaker is dying and looking at the unconnected 7* dusty satellite, feel so wasteful not to power them again.:s13: Has anybody tried powering those with 5.1 external sound blaster from creative? :s13:

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is what I thought too which is why i sticked on with a mini bluetooth speaker for years. Now that the mini speaker is dying and looking at the unconnected 7* dusty satellite, feel so wasteful not to power them again.:s13: Has anybody tried powering those with 5.1 external sound blaster from creative? :s13:

Erm powering speakers isn't rocket science

But you definitely can't power them with 5.1 external sound blaster. However you may need it to get 5.1 sound out of your laptop first if your laptop doesn't have 5.1 sound card itself. Then plug it to an 8-channel amp or 6-channel amp.

nwh_sg

Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking for speakers for my laptop. Since I have some unused (sub-woofer spoiled many years back) 7 pieces of 10+ years old Gigawork S750 satelite mounted on my wall already, might as well try to revive it.

What do i need to power these speakers? Can i use the sound blaster omni surround 5.1 or what other alternatives there are?

Mind showing a pic of how you mounted the speakers? Did you hide the wires? I have the S750 too and I resisted mounting them on the wall due to the unsightly wires. Tks.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mind showing a pic of how you mounted the speakers? Did you hide the wires? I have the S750 too and I resisted mounting them on the wall due to the unsightly wires. Tks.

Trunking lo, can DIY or ask a contractor to do for you.

Rarekid

Reaction score

Somehow missed your message for a year:o Mine is white wall, i just use white cloth tape and neatly stick over.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.