To get Nintendo Switch in Japan

Seyvon

Reaction score
Currently they don't allow 1 person to buy more than 1 set of Switch from what i understand.
Wonder how those carouseller gonna get their stock in japan, as if they tried to get it tax-free then there will be record in their passport

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently they don't allow 1 person to buy more than 1 set of Switch from what i understand.
Wonder how those carouseller gonna get their stock in japan, as if they tried to get it tax-free then there will be record in their passport

Record is just a receipt stapled onto the passport which you can remove on ur own by the way..

Can just pass it to the custom officer at the airport, they don't check on physical goods..

Oranger

Reaction score
Scoot? what is your price? Mine on $571, direct flight, DELTA Airline~!

Good price~

Mine's via Scoot 1-for-1 but for 3ppl. Bout $550+ per person but need transit at Taiwan. First-time self book, should have checked in detail before going ahead. Oh well.. +exp~

jibanyan

Reaction score
Hope they'll really deliver this end of March or early April, hoping to buy a few when i go there this April or my trip would be a total waste :s11:

Seyvon

Reaction score
Currently in Sapporo, checked Bic and yodobashi ytd.. Still no stock and no dates given for restock.. And alot japanese also aiming for the restock so i dont think i am able to get in this trip le :(

jibanyan

Reaction score
Currently in Sapporo, checked Bic and yodobashi ytd.. Still no stock and no dates given for restock.. And alot japanese also aiming for the restock so i dont think i am able to get in this trip le :(
Wahhh!!! Still no Stock?! I'll be heading in Japan this April 19-30 hope there will be already, according to small news that they will be restocking Mar. 22 onwards ...

ATZW1980

Reaction score
Wahhh!!! Still no Stock?! I'll be heading in Japan this April 19-30 hope there will be already, according to small news that they will be restocking Mar. 22 onwards ...

I'm going on 7 April.....

Will be hunting for Amiibo myself
Will let u know the switch situation

jibanyan

Reaction score
I'm going on 7 April.....

Will be hunting for Amiibo myself
Will let u know the switch situation

I think 1st week of april Nintendo Switch are back on the shelves already, Thanks Bro doi keep us updated just read at the Jap website they will be resume online purchase of the console on Mar. 27 that is my plan B ... purchased online and have it delivered on a friend address in Tokyo. 😂😁

ATZW1980

Reaction score
LOL alot of us are going to japan this april hor?[/QUOTE

Mostly 1 same objective ... buy the nintendo switch. 😁 coz sellers price locally are so unreasonable ... twice the price. :s22:

Haha i go there for dragon beard shoes, Go Coo T-shirt and Cherry Blossom :p

And hopefully some BOTW amiibo

Already got my switch and having 80hrs of Zelda -.- and i hope i played the game the other way round. Now that i got the hand of it LOL

jibanyan

Reaction score
Haha i go there for dragon beard shoes, Go Coo T-shirt and Cherry Blossom :p

And hopefully some BOTW amiibo

Already got my switch and having 80hrs of Zelda -.- and i hope i played the game the other way round. Now that i got the hand of it LOL
Good for you ... trying to avoid the temptation to buy locally ... still can wait for my trip and buy it in Tokyo.

Seyvon

Reaction score
I am now in Kyoto, they have the switch now but you cannot buy off the shelve, you have to reserve one either on internet or yodobashi BUT you can only di that if you are local.. Still no information as to when switch can be bought off shelve

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
I am now in Kyoto, they have the switch now but you cannot buy off the shelve, you have to reserve one either on internet or yodobashi BUT you can only di that if you are local.. Still no information as to when switch can be bought off shelve

That's very smart of them. Similar to what they did during the iPhone 7 launch whereby tourists were snapping up units.

tidiii

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Based on the Switch thread, some of our fellow local hwz forumers are facing hw problems like joy-con desync, left joy-con battery draining and feeling hot to touch, switch battery draining while in sleep mode and even when off, switch feeling hot to touch, dead pixel at the center of the switch screen etc. I don't know how many ppl here have the Switch already, the friend code thread shows about 30, so probably 60 have it? 4 or 5 ppl unlucky enough to encounter problem is a pretty high proportion. And this is still new, I fear some other problems could happen, like the fan failing over time, the kickstand breaking.

Not saying we should be paying Maxsoft tax (f**k them, no one should be paying that), but just be aware of what you are getting into if you don't have warranty. And just evaluate for yourself whether you really NEED to have the Switch now? (To play what? Zelda, a single-player game, play later won't die one; and then what? the super overpriced bomber man? and then buy all sorts of overpriced ports cos there is nothing else to play?) Chill lah, can wait just wait lor.

disappointing
nintendo alr acknowledge the manufacturing defects with the joycon (using wrong circuit board) and deck (no rubber)

but sg dun have nintendo so we have to go thru maxsoft
hopefully since nintendo is now aware, the new units can get without these errors

but the lcd thing is industry problem...

Psaakyrn

Reaction score
How about osaka/den den town? Visiting the general region Next Week.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.