ACCA Students.

Coutinho_#23

Banned
Reaction score
right now only SQP is the only official pathway to CA.

so you've gotta ask the national body, ISCA - they are in charge of this.

once you find out the objective criteria please share here too, as it will be important for students to know the difference between the curriculum/education framework :D

Really? Sian..How about ACCA to ACA then CA? Still can go thru this route?

Fliks.

Reaction score
S> ACCA Materials

S> Full Set of notes (Lecture Notes + Exam focused areas + BPP Revision Kit, BPP Answers, Passcards + Additional notes given and lecturers' tips)

Books from LSBF
P2 (Sami) - AVAILABLE - LSBF textbooks and revision materials, lecture notes, revision materials. additional class notes relating to P2

P6 Kaplan Chantal Wan FOR MAR 2017 exam!! TOTALLY NEW
P6 Tax Masterguide Handbook!! TOTALLY NEW

Interested parties kindly pm me or leave me your contact number and I will revert shortly. Thanks! :):):)

cheers.

xiaoyay

Reaction score
Is sqp better than Acca? I am comtemplating which to take. My understanding is that sqp is for Singapore context while Acca is internationally recognised so is better.

And for textbooks, which publisher is better?

Thanks!!:)

Fearah

Reaction score
Is sqp better than Acca? I am comtemplating which to take. My understanding is that sqp is for Singapore context while Acca is internationally recognised so is better.

And for textbooks, which publisher is better?

Thanks!!:)

Youre right, it really depends if you want to work here or overseas. I would suggest taking the SQP first if you are still considering which to take.

lollipopsyay

Reaction score
Hi all! I recently got my A levels results, didn't do well so i may not get into the local unis in singapore. applied for uniSIM and SIMGE too but heard that competition is stiff there haha so dont really have very high hopes. am a girl btw.

anyway! i wish to be an auditor/accountant in future and in the event I dont have a degree, which course should i take? I've heard about ACCA, SQP, LCCI in the forums but am really confused on what is the best/shortest route to take? for both auditor and accountant.

thank you in advance! please PM me for ANY advice or just tag me or something. am really lost during this period of time :(

Fearah

Reaction score
Hi all! I recently got my A levels results, didn't do well so i may not get into the local unis in singapore. applied for uniSIM and SIMGE too but heard that competition is stiff there haha so dont really have very high hopes. am a girl btw.

anyway! i wish to be an auditor/accountant in future and in the event I dont have a degree, which course should i take? I've heard about ACCA, SQP, LCCI in the forums but am really confused on what is the best/shortest route to take? for both auditor and accountant.

thank you in advance! please PM me for ANY advice or just tag me or something. am really lost during this period of time :(

some poly acct grads take acca if they cant get in uni.

you can try signing up for sqp foundation prog. im not sure if there is a minimum requirement which is to have a degree

hazel1907

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone of you here completed your F1 to F3. Did ACCA mail any hard copy for the certificate for ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business. Can request for hard copy if ACCA only email soft copy?

How to let the employer see if there's no hard copy? It's quite important for me because I have no diploma only higher nitec in accounting. Just want to confirm before I take ACCA. At least I have something to show the employer when I want to change job to show i have upgrade myself.

TIA!

Fliks.

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone of you here completed your F1 to F3. Did ACCA mail any hard copy for the certificate for ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business. Can request for hard copy if ACCA only email soft copy?

How to let the employer see if there's no hard copy? It's quite important for me because I have no diploma only higher nitec in accounting. Just want to confirm before I take ACCA. At least I have something to show the employer when I want to change job to show i have upgrade myself.

TIA!

acca used to mail the certificate long ago.

now when you complete f1-f3, the cert can be downloaded in the portal. if you want hard copy, must pay acca to send it to you.

good luck.

Coutinho_#23

Banned
Reaction score
ACCA>ACA>CA still applicable?

Havent enrol into ACCA, waiting for NS.

or is it better to get a degree(Unisim, SIM,SIT) then proceed to SQP after graduation?

Consider number of years and expenses( including membership fee for life)

Katiie

Reaction score
Hi,I need advise. I want to take ACCA courses and seems like I can be exempted 4 papers which are F1-3 and F9. Is it ok that I exempted myself from these papers and attend revision classes will do before moving on to take F4? Or I should just proceed to take F4 straightaway?

hazel1907

Reaction score
Hi,

The thread seem quiet. Now lesser people taking ACCA?
Anyone can advise which lecturer is better for Lsbf or Kaplan? Have a hard time choosing. Their July intake timetable is not out yet so not sure the lecturers will be the same?
For F1 paper , it's ok to self study or go for revision class only? The paper all all mcq?
Lsbf - F2 & F3 Ghan Shyam Dubey
Kaplan - F2 Mikki Ng, F3 Kelly Ngo (Anyone heard of them, are they good?)

Which school is better for course notes and revision kits, past years papers? Both has online notes if in class can't manage to take down notes? Can't use the skillsfuture credits?

TIA!

Last edited:

flyingeagles

Reaction score
Hi,

The thread seem quiet. Now lesser people taking ACCA?
Anyone can advise which lecturer is better for Lsbf or Kaplan? Have a hard time choosing. Their July intake timetable is not out yet so not sure the lecturers will be the same?
For F1 paper , it's ok to self study or go for revision class only? The paper all all mcq?
Lsbf - F2 & F3 Ghan Shyam Dubey
Kaplan - F2 Mikki Ng, F3 Kelly Ngo (Anyone heard of them, are they good?)

Which school is better for course notes and revision kits, past years papers? Both has online notes if in class can't manage to take down notes? Can't use the skillsfuture credits?

TIA!

F1 can read Bpp text book
F2/3 can self study as well.

I took ghan classes in LSBF. Personally don't like his professionalism. Late for classes, gives long breaks (15-30mins). Not value for money if you consider the actual amount of time teaching. Expensive too. However can understand quite well from his teaching. You can ask him questions after class but don't bother email/message him as he doesn't reply.

Colleagues from Kaplan and have said their classes start and ends on time, give 10-15mins break.

Would say the Teachers at Kaplan are more professional as even one of my current teacher at SAA starts 20 mins late and gives 45 mins break 🙃

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.