TV repair discussion thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobo76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Imho be prepared to replace after 3 year warranty or get extended warranty. TV technology is like early days of the pc. Tech becomes obsolete very fast. Can get cheaper and better. Just replaced my 42" fhd TV with a 49" uhd which cost much less.

Feels a bit wasteful... the TV still looks new... minus the layer of dust.

samsung got back to me
80 to evaluate
160 to fix
spare parts, separate/additional costing

... $240 minimum to fix. If spare part too ex and don't go ahead, still lose the $80. :(

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Feels a bit wasteful... the TV still looks new... minus the layer of dust.

samsung got back to me
80 to evaluate
160 to fix
spare parts, separate/additional costing

... $240 minimum to fix. If spare part too ex and don't go ahead, still lose the $80. :(

Go youtube and search for Samsung TV reboot or restart issue. You might find the fix there.

catvin

Reaction score
My Sony Bravia 46inch spoiled after serving us for 6yrs, engaged a technician to check, result is the panel spoit, if replace it will cost $480 quoted by the him. He told me not worth to repair, so I paid him $40 for the transportation and labor.
Can any kind soul advise me if it's worth to repair, or r there any cheaper ways to repair it?
Thanks
Cat

babbbb_rooooo

Reaction score
Samsung screen crack

Hi, my samsung tv screen crack.. im looking to change the lcd.. any advise? or anyone have spoil samsung tv that can give me the panel? just buy last year and still paying courts installment..

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
better buy new one.
repair cost also not cheap and not guarantee the set can tahan for how many more years.

lobo76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go youtube and search for Samsung TV reboot or restart issue. You might find the fix there.

Thanks for the suggestion. The TV reboots so fast, I have no time to menu through to the reset option... :s22:

I did manage to glimpse the final part of the menu where the reset option is supposed to be (according to instruction by the samsung helpdesk) ... and found the reset option is missing anyway.

lobo76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Sony Bravia 46inch spoiled after serving us for 6yrs, engaged a technician to check, result is the panel spoit, if replace it will cost $480 quoted by the him. He told me not worth to repair, so I paid him $40 for the transportation and labor.
Can any kind soul advise me if it's worth to repair, or r there any cheaper ways to repair it?
Thanks
Cat

Is that 'technician' freelance? Otherwise, $40 to come and evaluate seems rather cheap (samsung charges $80).
if freelance, don't mind pm me the contact? See if he can fix my samsung or not.

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. The TV reboots so fast, I have no time to menu through to the reset option... :s22:

I did manage to glimpse the final part of the menu where the reset option is supposed to be (according to instruction by the samsung helpdesk) ... and found the reset option is missing anyway.

You manage to go to the service menu using the remote ?

henryloh

Reaction score
LG 32LH20R

I tried to repair this LG tv as it does not have power at all.
Ending up making it worse. One of the psu connector is spoilt.
Now I could not do anything unless get a replacement for the psu plus the connector.
So, I wanted to see if anyone here has a same model and want to sell it for spare parts.
Screen crack is ok, As long as it has power.

darr3n87

Reaction score
just recently bought an LG OLED 55" in Feb, justr opened it up today and there is a dent in the middle top part of the bezel and red line across. called gain city and tomorrow they will inform LG and give me an update. anyone have experience with such cases and was it exchanged or rectified?

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh. my 32" samsung tv sound spoil liao. i mean still can hear but very fuzzy/distorted and the volume i turn on to 30-40 then can hear more clearly though still fuzzy.

any place can repair just the sound. if cheap then can consider, if not then no point. any recommendation?

Last edited:

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
eh. my 32" samsung tv sound spoil liao. i mean still can hear but very fuzzy/distorted and the volume i turn on to 30-40 then can hear more clearly though still fuzzy.

any place can repair just the sound. if cheap then can consider, if not then no point. any recommendation?
Maybe the speaker faulty.

If there is a headphone output, check the sound with your headphone.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe the speaker faulty.

If there is a headphone output, check the sound with your headphone.

I tried plugging headphone into different output but hear no sound.

There's one PC / DVI audio in. I tried the two input from the headphone to the TV but no sound. Sound still comes out from the TV.

update: found the headphone jack. tested that i can hear more clearly with headphone. but the sound output is still quite soft. guess it has two issue. one is the sound projection? another one is the tv sound distorted.

if i get soundbar, would it solve the issue?

Last edited:

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score

update: found the headphone jack. tested that i can hear more clearly with headphone. but the sound output is still quite soft. guess it has two issue. one is the sound projection? another one is the tv sound distorted.

if i get soundbar, would it solve the issue?
Loudness from headphone depends on the internal setting of the tv set (maybe user adjustable?) and the sensitivity of the headphone. If the audio is ok, then the sound bar will be one way to solve your issue.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Loudness from headphone depends on the internal setting of the tv set (maybe user adjustable?) and the sensitivity of the headphone. If the audio is ok, then the sound bar will be one way to solve your issue.

Any recommendation? Maybe < $100?

Was thinking of getting a new TV as well though. But if soundbar can solve it, then this tv will still be able to use.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation? Maybe < $100?

Was thinking of getting a new TV as well though. But if soundbar can solve it, then this tv will still be able to use.
Depending on your budget, Courts had a flash sale over the weekend for Philips 32" @$199. The model not indicated but I think it is 32PHT5200. It has dvb-t2 tuner and can record digital tv programmes.

I think HN and Gain's City also advertised the same tv at around this price.

If you don't mind waiting a bit longer for the promotion to come again, this may be a better option?

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depending on your budget, Courts had a flash sale over the weekend for Philips 32" @$199. The model not indicated but I think it is 32PHT5200. It has dvb-t2 tuner and can record digital tv programmes.

I think HN and Gain's City also advertised the same tv at around this price.

If you don't mind waiting a bit longer for the promotion to come again, this may be a better option?

I was looking at better ones to replace this.

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/HISENSE-4...T-TV-40K3110PW-WITH-1-YEAR-WARRANTY/503701065

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/HISENSE-5...T-TV-50K3300UW-WITH-1-YEAR-WARRANTY/490687367

Was thinking the 50" one but not sure how is it. Saw the review that the sound quality isn't good but don't know how bad.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.