Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero - Flagship AM4 Ryzen X370 Motherboard

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw, there is supposedly another BIOS update due in the next 1-2 weeks with updated AMD AGESA code so for those already on 0902, maybe wait for that instead.

FYI

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AuraSync RGB LED
Note the LED circuitry on the undersurface of the i/o hood in addition to those on the motherboard itself.

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Multiple websites are already reporting the release of new AMD AGESA code so new BIOS versions are probably incoming real soon now.

FYI

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Interesting comparison of BIOS setting vs BIOS reading vs sw monitoring vs DMM on someone's CH6 mobo rig.
Click!

timaa66 said:
My rig has been stable for a few days running P0 the exact same settings as Purple haze above with the same ram timings. You guys got me a little worried about voltages in the past 24hrs so I decided to pull out my multi meter and see what is happening in my rig. My voltages are as follows under load with no LLC:

Actual(DMM)
Vcore 1.449
SOC 1.134
RAM 1.324

CPUz/HWmonitor
Vcore 1.461
SOC 1.177
RAM 1.373

BIOS Reading
Vcore 1.504
SOC 1.177
RAM 1.373

BIOS Setting
Vcore offset 1.35 +.08125
SOC 1.125
RAM 1.31

Overall it appears my voltages are running higher than what i set them (.009-.017v) but are actually less than what is being reported. In BIOS it appears that my voltages are actually about .05v lower than what BIOS is saying they are across the board.

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
UEFI Matters
At the moment (11-3-17), the 5803* beta (tCL 1T) is the best/fastest release so far, the newer 0902 (tCL 2T) is reportedly though slower, a safer bug fix for possible BIOS corruption.

* There is a potential BIOS corruption bug in earlier releases under certain conditions, detailed here.

There is just something about seeing so many threads (yes, 16) in the Task Manager that makes it so damn... geeky macho appealing.

For BIOS settings for overclocking with power settings, click!

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Benches
Mostly model specific results as the other Ryzen general bench numbers have been posted earlier, if you missed that, just click here.

Speedtest.net
Nice numbers!

DPC Latency
This test was done with Windows Power Options at High Performance settings which is the actual AMD recommendation for Ryzen systems.

Advanced Features
In addition, have fun exploring the following:
RAID 0, 1, 10
Custom liquid cooling - in/out temps sensors, flow tachometer
AuraSync RGB LED
Sonic Radar III
3D Printing - customize your personal rig
& more...

Initial Impressions
Great aesthetics with hunky angular ROG heatpiped sinks.

Well designed with very thoughtful provision of both AM3 and AM4 mounting holes. This alone may be one of the most persuasive factors for those heavily invested in expensive AMD coolers. Onboard buttons and debug LED display are really too useful to leave out in such a nascent platform and the Crosshair VI has them all.

Beautifully laid out UEFI as per usual for Asus ROG models, still it is early days for Ryzen BIOS maturity.

Cons so far are related to the overall newness of the Ryzen platform, apparently common to all models - long POST times, cold double POST when overclocked, high speed RAM compatibility... etc. Fortunately, most if not all can be expected to be reduced over time as AMD improves their BIOS base code.

Overall, the Asus Crosshair VI Hero is a top Ryzen model that simply demands any potential Ryzen buyer to take a much closer look at it, imo it's just great.

Good Reads
The Stilt's Ryzen: Strictly technical
elmor's ROG Crosshair VI series
Asus ROG Forum - Crosshair VI
ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 of mine got bricked. Thinking of switching to Asrock, MSI or GB

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just posted this in the other Ryzen thread, guess have to repeat it for the new owners here too.

Everything's too new, get to know the hardware well 1st before tweaking! :vijayadmin:

A fair summary of Ryzen present state of affairs, very new, lots of tweaking and undergoing gradual maturing... like his essential hwinfo64 utility.
Click

Mumak said:
I have just released HWiNFO v5.47-3115 Beta and pulled the earlier builds.
Another note about the new CPU current/power measurement for C6H and PRIME X370 under ASUS EC sensor. It seems that neither this value is accurate, as it covers the Vcore rail of the CPU only (VDDCR_SoC is not measured/included). Moreover due to the nature of implementation (HW/firmware), under frequent Vcore fluctuations the final power value might not be accurate.
I will try to find with ASUS a better way how to measure CPU power using on-board circuits, but don't know if that will be realized..

So don't expect to just throw down the money, grab the hardware, jump in and start overclocking to the max. =:p

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The culprit was reportedly setting the Vsoc too high potentially corrupting the EC chip in earlier BIOS versions. A really good example not to push voltages too much in any totally new platform when much is not well known or established.

btw, the 0902 BIOS fix was already posted very much earlier, in fact almost 2 weeks ago...
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...st106813312.html?highlight=0902#post106813312

RMA your problem sets meanwhile, just confirmed with Asus SG that they will be assisting in such cases.

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The culprit was reportedly setting the Vsoc too high potentially corrupting the EC chip in earlier BIOS versions. A really good example not to push voltages too much in any totally new platform when much is not well known or established.

btw, the 0902 BIOS fix was already posted very much earlier, in fact almost 2 weeks ago...
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...st106813312.html?highlight=0902#post106813312

RMA your problem sets meanwhile, just confirmed with Asus SG that they will be assisting in such cases.

I did no overclocking... Both were on stock settings and on version 1001

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 of mine got bricked. Thinking of switching to Asrock, MSI or GB

I did no overclocking... Both were on stock settings and on version 1001
2 sets and with BIOS 1001 on stock... think you should consider getting in touch with Asus SG and Avertek to investigate further. I will alert them to your case.

Do let us know the progress, thx.

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah mine so far ok and haven't OC yet. Think I better leave it on default first.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.