His TV has DVB-T2 ...

(Based on page 1 of this thread).
So you only managed to tune to 570MHz.
Missing are:
538MHz - Ch 5, Suria
554MHz - Ch 8, Vas

If manual tuning still doesn't work call
Mediacorp +65 6435 6288
They are there to help! I heard they may even send Engineers down to your area if needed.

Thanks for the advice man. Manual searching really did work. Problem now is, the antenna can only receive Ch 8 and 5 on the left side of the living room, CNA and Channel U on the right side. I was like knn switch back to analog sua:vijayadmin:

Are the signal strengths ever going to improve?

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice man. Manual searching really did work. Problem now is, the antenna can only receive Ch 8 and 5 on the left side of the living room, CNA and Channel U on the right side. I was like knn switch back to analog sua:vijayadmin:

How long is your indoor antenna cable?

But since free help is available, you might as well enjoy it. If a different antenna, or extension cable is recommended through site survey, you can be sure that it will work.

JustDoLor

Reaction score

What model is your Daiyo antenna? If it is an active type, i.e. with booster (amplifier), have you connect any power to the antenna?

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi. I just finally changed to using an indoor antenna with a DVB-T2 signal. I managed to find all Singapore channels however the Malaysian TV1 channel is not available. We have always been able to receive that channel though. Can anyone clarify whether that channel is still available or will it be gone at the end of the year when the analogue cable signal is no more?

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi. I just finally changed to using an indoor antenna with a DVB-T2 signal. I managed to find all Singapore channels however the Malaysian TV1 channel is not available. We have always been able to receive that channel though. Can anyone clarify whether that channel is still available or will it be gone at the end of the year when the analogue cable signal is no more?
I believe your TV1 reception was through SCV wall plate which is carried in analogue format. And you didn't receive TV2, did you?

Although TV1 plus other Malaysian channels are now also transmitted in DVB-T2 format, the fact that you cannot see them with the indoor antenna means that the signal is too weak in your location.

Edit: MediaCorp plans to stop its analogue transmission by year end. For Malaysian analogue TV channels, I have come across any news on them.

Last edited:

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
I believe your TV1 reception was through SCV wall plate which is carried in analogue format. And you didn't receive TV2, did you?

Although TV1 plus other Malaysian channels are now also transmitted in DVB-T2 format, the fact that you cannot see them with the indoor antenna means that the signal is too weak in your location.

Edit: MediaCorp plans to stop its analogue transmission by year end. For Malaysian analogue TV channels, I have come across any news on them.

Same here. Agreed. Thanks for the information.

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score

moron+genius

Reaction score
Tried manual scan for my channels but get 0 signal level at the broadcast freq. using k2.. not sure changing antenna will help. Any advice?

JustDoLor

Reaction score
For your consideration....
I'll worry if it runs relatively warm since I have 2 such China DVB-T2 boxes that burn out because of the heat. It's either the power supply overheated or the ICs burn out. It happeneppd during warranty of one year and I changed twice, new one still hot. Given up hope and use it infrequently now.

These PRC manufacturer try to cut cost by simply using a small piece of aluminum sheet as the processor heat sink. I'm going to replace this "heat sink" with a proper one for my K2 STB. IIRC, the heat issue in K3 will be worst as the AC to DC step-down transformer is very close to the processor.

Windowlover

Reaction score
Recently signal from CNA like suddenly lost signal strength On / Off ?
Anybody have such experience,,, I'm using antenna V type direct to my Sony TV with T2 built in..

It happen possibly at time only,,, morning time. I checked the signal and quality is more than 95%. :s11:

hippoheyhey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got signal at living room TV, but no signal at room TV. Placed the antenna near window but no signal, how ah? Low floor room at Queenstown.

u0206397

Reaction score

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the heatsink in those $100 local set from local distributors is better than the aluminum foil in $30 Chinese unbranded set top boxes?

These branded STB probably have a warranty sticker pasted on the casing so doubt anyone would open it up just to check and void the warranty in the process. Anyway, just get replacement heatsink from ebay, a few pieces cost less than $2.

u0206397

Reaction score
These branded STB probably have a warranty sticker pasted on the casing so doubt anyone would open it up just to check and void the warranty in the process. Anyway, just get replacement heatsink from ebay, a few pieces cost less than $2.

Why the unbranded box makers not make a slightly more expensive one with a properly heatsink?

Just raise price by $1 or $2 and all overheating problems will be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.