Dress code for Tokyo weather?

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Weather currently seems cold. Will be there in a weeks time. Require to pack long johns & down jackets?

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been to Tokyo when temps was at mid single digit to low 10s..some days with winds...

All I wore was a heat tech inner and a sweater..it really depends on your tolerance for cold..

Entropy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find putting heat packs in jacket pockets are more useful than gloves. But the gloves are awesome when holding the super hot drink cans from vending machines. :D

Speaking of heat packs, you can buy them in bulk dirt cheap from all convenience stores in Tokyo, no need to pack them unless you need them for the trip from airport to accommodations.

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
light down, heatech pants.
inside wear normal tee also ok ler.

uniqlo light down also enuf liao.
no need thick clothes.

w/o wind, can tahan no problem.
only when wind blows then sibeh chill.
not covered body parts will be damn cold,
body core will be ok.

cold feeling on hands and face still bearable,
but damn dry, my finger skins around nails start cracking...
skin damn dry, face, lips also.
jus need cover ur skin, wear socks, gloves.

Last edited:

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Actually killer is wind. If can tahan cold one, just bring proper windbreaker. No matter how thin the windbreaker is, it will be effective. If can't really tahan cold, but not in negative temp, just a fleece jacket and windbreaker on top of it will be fine. For pants, may need heat tech if you feel your legs are cold. All these can go Japan uniqlo buy, no need buy here if you are unsure how well you can tolerate the cold.

For the dryness, cover skin oso no use. Please slather lotion. Plenty of it. All over body. Buy at the cheap pharmacies there. No need bring from SG unless you have your own preferred brand and unsure if you can buy it there.

FireEmblem

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am in tokyo now, either raining or cloudy these few days. Damn cold with strong wind blowing. end up went to uniqlo get heat tech pants as i only had normal jeans on.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am in tokyo now, either raining or cloudy these few days. Damn cold with strong wind blowing. end up went to uniqlo get heat tech pants as i only had normal jeans on.

Wah. That bad! I will be wearing cargo pants only.

Entropy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure about you guys, but I never had any issues wearing chinos/jeans even down to 0 degrees.

My legs never feel cold, its usually the upper body and hands that feel the chill.

Entropy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hairy legs = more insulation, natural heat tech lol

I'm a hairless monkey lol... heck I just ran the Tokyo Marathon in Feb wearing shorts and long sleeve compression top in 3 degrees... no issues.... even traveled back to my apartment in shorts but i pulled on a heat tech long sleeve top and hoodie for my upper body.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.