The Galaxy Note 8 (2017 edition)

Bonn

Master Member
Reaction score
Now with Nougat or Android 7, it seems to run cooler than before. This is reference to S7 Edge which I am now using (a Note 7 replacement). Previously on Marshmallow, it does feel that it will get hot when it runs low on memory. Now it doesn't. Seems like Nougat is running more efficiently.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had used all the Galaxy series till s7e and note till note7 and had never experienced such

depends on what apps you are running. Some have custom UI and antivirus app, these 2 eats lots of RAM. Hopefully Note8 come with 6GB or more RAM; its never enough

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fully agree. Would prefer to carry a second battery than a power bank. Not concern about premium look or not - functionality is more important for such a phone. Plastic is fine and works. Anyway, its in a phone cover.

Guess got to look at other brands.

benny888

Reaction score
Doubt we'll get it... likely some developing economy...

Malaysia had better chance vs Spore in getting it. However Msian market viewed strongly by Samsung and always in first tier of new phones releases. Still I would think unlikely Msia will get the refurbished Note7

damienloh

Master Member
Reaction score
N7 refurbished?...unless the authorities lifts the ban to bring to plane.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
Well....even the S8 has a pen accessory, so the S Pen is no longer unique to the Note series

Plus, I think Samsung want to revamp the Note series after the batteries incident and avoid calling it the Note series

how does the S Pen look like for S8 and where do you keep?

I google and seems never find any info got S pen for S8

WhiteAnt

Banned
Reaction score
Malaysia had better chance vs Spore in getting it. However Msian market viewed strongly by Samsung and always in first tier of new phones releases. Still I would think unlikely Msia will get the refurbished Note7

no wonder msia got their nougat way earlier than us :vijayadmin:

isnt sg first world country meh :(

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
SG market too small liao.

We have gone through this discussion before. SG has one of the highest tech requirements* for our devices FW. Both being tailored for our countries and partners of Samsung. Telco and their advanced networks are quite a pain, plus how responsive their replies and testing comes into factor too. With more time into account for the communication between Korea and SG.

We may be first world, but we have alot of sop and kiasu people. More tech, more requirements, more time.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I already given up. Looks like there are other more interesting topics to engage in. Hahas.

We have gone through this discussion before. SG has one of the highest tech requirements* for our devices FW. Both being tailored for our countries and partners of Samsung. Telco and their advanced networks are quite a pain, plus how responsive their replies and testing comes into factor too. With more time into account for the communication between Korea and SG.

We may be first world, but we have alot of sop and kiasu people. More tech, more requirements, more time.

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.