Car Rental in JB Sentral

rdkp11

Reaction score
Wahdah

The same Wahdah guy (hasan) dropped it off at Caltex and waited for me to arrive. We went through the handover process and marked out the dings (if any) / mark petrol level on the handover form.

Drop off is done by leaving the car at the same spot. There is a secure box on the caltex wall where you can drop the car key in.

Deposit is paid through a Paypal invoice (where you can select cash payment / credit card payment). The RM300 deposit is typically refunded to you via the same channel of payment 2-3 weeks post car return. Have rented twice, no problems at all. Heading up again next week.

Already paid thru paypal. they asked for photocopy license n passport which I emailed.

This is my first time.

Tomorrow 11am collect JB Sentral Caltex.

No news on who to look for or any handphone number?

Bro can share if they email u the details of the delivery guy. or they call n msg u on the day of collection.

Thanks.

wiki-traveller

Reaction score
Already paid thru paypal. they asked for photocopy license n passport which I emailed.

This is my first time.

Bro can share if they email u the details of the delivery guy. or they call n msg u on the day of collection.

Thanks.

most of the car rental can earn krisflyer, remember to do that!

foozgarden

Master Member
Reaction score
I book from economycarrental, they assigned me to "Hawk rent a car", cost me 140rm/24hrs for Toyota Altis.

Overall car condition and service is good. They don't scrutinize small scratches and stuff when I return.

Their office located at Puteri Pacific hotel, just 5mins walk from city square.

i shortlisted this, since they have a physically office in the hotel and hawk seems pretty established too. have an outlet in sgp.

how about your deposit? they return to you immed after you return the car?

do you know what cars they have? i just need for 2 pax, over the weekend.

This is my first time.

Thanks.

after your trip,. do feedback .. .i maybe renting one next month..looking for a reliable agency!

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
Are there any other companies offering car rental in the city but charging less per day?

How much should I budget for a car for a car for three days - Saturday-Monday? I need car just for two people so need, small, budget car.

choonlim

Reaction score
I have tried Sime darby rent a car (Which is Hertz actually), small car costs me myr121 for a day. Myr300 deposit paid thru credit card, and I returned the car after office hour so i just dropped key to the designated box. Quite convenient.

I noticed that besides hertz is hawks rent a car, which is recommeded by some forumers... So i guess this tower (Menara ansar) is a good place to rent.

Last edited:

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
I have tried Sime darby rent a car (Which is Hertz actually), small car costs me myr121 for a day. Myr300 deposit paid thru credit card, and I returned the car after office hour so i just dropped key to the designated box. Quite convenient.

I noticed that besides hertz is hawks rent a car, which is recommeded by some forumers... So i guess this tower (Menara ansar) is a good place to rent.

Myr121 is quite affordable. What car is it and do we book online?

urban_closet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This is my first time.

Thanks.

Wow, missed this out.

Yes, they will typically email you with the contact number of driver.

They have been extremely patient for me when i was caught up in the jams on Causeway. Kudos to them.

So far, strongly recommended for Wahdah. Believe there's a promotion now for the Persona car rental.

sjchai75

Reaction score
Wow, missed this out.

Yes, they will typically email you with the contact number of driver.

They have been extremely patient for me when i was caught up in the jams on Causeway. Kudos to them.

So far, strongly recommended for Wahdah. Believe there's a promotion now for the Persona car rental.
Bro, what's the promo now? How much discount?

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Since this thread came up, I'd like to give a review of Wahdah. The reservation process was simple enough, although I was prompted to scan my driving license and provide my credit card details online. Using the pick-up and return point at Sentral entails a RM60 surcharge, but the convenience was essential. However, they forgot about my child seat and as a result I had to follow the representative to their office near Angsana Mall to pick it up. What ensued was another half hour of expended time as we struggled with the seat, trying to secure it in the car. The representative I had was clueless, but he tried his best, and there was nobody else in office.
The car I got was the Proton Preve. Very thirsty for fuel, in my opinion, and the car could be cleaner.
Returning the car at the Caltex at Sentral was easy enough. I dropped the key into a box located on the wall. The RM300 deposit was returned to me a few weeks later.
I prefer Europcar at Baguss Hotel still. It is not so far a walk away from the CIQ, and their representative was knowledgeable in my previous 2 encounters with them.

vhungryy

Reaction score
Thank you beanstalk6 for your post. I recently rented a car from Wahdah.

I have checked out Europcar, EconomyCarRentals, Wahdah.

So here's a summary of my findings.

Europcar
Location: Seems to be the best. 10mins walk from CIQ aka custom. Right behind City Square
Price: About the same among the rest
Deposit: Credit card. They will block around 1500SGD on your card

EconomyCarRentals
Location: Looks like a 20-30mins walk from map. Probably 10RM cab to the office. Not exactly sure though.
Deposit: Credit card. They will block around 1500SGD on your card

WahDah
Location: Looks like a 20-30mins walk from map. Probably 10RM to the JB Parking Area.
Pick-up: I paid 60RM more to collect at Caltex petrol station, right outside CIQ. If I knew collecting from Parking Area is FOC, I would have done that.
Deposit: 300RM, I paid via Paypal.

I wanted to go with Europcar but because I do not have a Credit Card, so I went with Wahdah instead. So here's my experience with Wahdah...

0830. Was there at Caltex, called assigned CSR. He was about 10mins late. Then later he advised the car I rented is in the Parking Area. He drove me to the parking area. Told me the car I rented just went for engine servicing, not advisable to drive deep into Malaysia. So he upgraded to another car for me FOC. I thought it was nice of him to think ahead for the customer. Petrol was not full, drove together to petrol station and he topped it up. By the time everything was settled, it was 0915.

I wasn't in a hurry so all the hassle was alright. But I think since I paid extra 60RM for collection at Caltex, they should have arranged everything beforehand. I was expecting a car to be there and 0830 and driving off after 15mins check. But oh well.

Here's the full breakdown of cost for my 48hrs trip from JB Sentral to Muar area.
Total cost:
352RM (rental 48hrs) +
60RM (pick up at caltex) +
44RM (toll) +
56RM (petrol 400KM mileage)
= 512RM

Anyway I created a thread asking about Grab/Uber vs Car Rental. If you have any info taking Grab/Uber from JB Sentral to other parts of Malaysia, do let me know. Thanks! Link here.
(http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/m...-jb-other-parts-malaysia-eg-muar-5660809.html)

Since this thread came up, I'd like to give a review of Wahdah. The reservation process was simple enough, although I was prompted to scan my driving license and provide my credit card details online. Using the pick-up and return point at Sentral entails a RM60 surcharge, but the convenience was essential. However, they forgot about my child seat and as a result I had to follow the representative to their office near Angsana Mall to pick it up. What ensued was another half hour of expended time as we struggled with the seat, trying to secure it in the car. The representative I had was clueless, but he tried his best, and there was nobody else in office.
The car I got was the Proton Preve. Very thirsty for fuel, in my opinion, and the car could be cleaner.
Returning the car at the Caltex at Sentral was easy enough. I dropped the key into a box located on the wall. The RM300 deposit was returned to me a few weeks later.
I prefer Europcar at Baguss Hotel still. It is not so far a walk away from the CIQ, and their representative was knowledgeable in my previous 2 encounters with them.

Last edited:

beanstalk6

Reaction score
To be precise, Europcar is at the Baguss Hotel, formerly known as the Amansari. From Komtar JBCC, simply cross Jln Wong Ah Fook outside the Metrojaya entrance on the ground floor. Europcar has tie-ins with Krisflyer for points. From my previous experience, the service representative is also more professional.

vhungryy do you know where is the parking area for Wahdah? Looks like Wahdah has a tendency to give the customer a late start.

I checked the location for EconomyCarRentals on Google Map and there does not appear to be any car rental establishment at that location.

Just to share, I have also rented from Hertz which is located at Menara Ansar, next to Kotaraya II.

vhungryy

Reaction score
Here's the Wahdah Parking Area which is FOC if collect from there. https://goo.gl/maps/SizMUJboDD22

From CIQ/Custom..
1.9KM Drive.. (6mins based on Google Map)
1.2KM Walk.. (16mins based on Google Map)

To be precise, Europcar is at the Baguss Hotel, formerly known as the Amansari. From Komtar JBCC, simply cross Jln Wong Ah Fook outside the Metrojaya entrance on the ground floor. Europcar has tie-ins with Krisflyer for points. From my previous experience, the service representative is also more professional.

vhungryy do you know where is the parking area for Wahdah? Looks like Wahdah has a tendency to give the customer a late start.

I checked the location for EconomyCarRentals on Google Map and there does not appear to be any car rental establishment at that location.

Just to share, I have also rented from Hertz which is located at Menara Ansar, next to Kotaraya II.

uncletakumi

Reaction score
i recently rented a Proton Iriz from Wahda. Collected from JB Sentral and drove up to Kuantan. Car is quite new with around 70k mileage. It's not a full tank when i collected, so i just top up at Mersing when drove all the way back to return. Just got my deposit refunded. Fuss free rental.

aquanark

Reaction score
i recently rented a Proton Iriz from Wahda. Collected from JB Sentral and drove up to Kuantan. Car is quite new with around 70k mileage. It's not a full tank when i collected, so i just top up at Mersing when drove all the way back to return. Just got my deposit refunded. Fuss free rental.

Hi,

May i ask what's the condition of the car you rented from Wahda? cigarette smell? clean interior? tires & brakes good?

tian_cai007

Reaction score
Can a Proton Saga FL 1.3 drive all the way to Penang?

Asking a noob qn. Can a Proton Saga FL 1.3 drive all the way to Penang? Or should I get a bigger engine car?

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Asking a noob qn. Can a Proton Saga FL 1.3 drive all the way to Penang? Or should I get a bigger engine car?

Our friends up north do this all the time. By all means get something with greater capacity if you want a stable drive.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.