Lenovo Vibe P2

SuperDecker

Reaction score
Anyone using Lenovo P2? Surprised there's no thread on it. Was looking for a new mobile phone and came across this model, good battery life and good specifications. Can anyone share some personal reviews?

It's not launched in Singapore yet but I find the price attractive! RRP is RM1,399 (i guess retail shops will sell it lower, saw RM 1100++ for 4GB/32GB model).

http://lenovomobile.com.my/product/p2/

Processor Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 625 true octa-core 2.0 GHz
Operating System Android™ 6.0, Marshmallow
Memory RAM: 4GB
Internal Storage: 32GB
Dimensions (HxWxT) 153 x 76 x 8.3 mm
Weight 177 g (0.39 Ibs)
Battery 5100 mAh embedded
Battery Life Active Standby: Up to 32 days' (4G)
Talk Time: Up to 78.69 hours' (4G)
Integrated Camera Rear: 13 MP auto-focus allows HD video recording with single LED flash
Front: 5 MP fixed-focus
Sound 1x Speaker, 3.5 mm Jack
Ports Micro-USB
microSD
Connectivity/Radios Data: GPRS, EDGE, HSPA+, LTE
Speed: LTE 300Mbps (DL) / 50Mbps (UL) CAT 6
4G Network: TDD LTE Band 39/41 (PRC Only)
TDD LTE Band 38/40
FDD LTE Band 1/3/4/5/7/8/20/28
3G Network: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
CDMA 2000 850 (PRC Only)
TD-SCDMA TD2000/TD1900 (PRC Only)
2G Network: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
CDMA 850 (PRC Only)
WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 4.1
A-GPS support: Yes
Radio: FM radio
Network information is subject to change for different regions
Display Size: 5.5" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Super AMOLED display
Type 10-point Multi-touch Capacitive
Color Options Champagne gold
Graphite gray
SIM Dual Nano SIM
Sensors Vibration, Gravitation, Proximity, Light, Gyroscope (Accelerator), Magnetometer (e-Compass)
Social Networking Skype™, Twitter, WeChat
Tools, Productivity, and Daily Life Evernote, Route 66 Navi + Maps, UC Browser, McAfee Security, Tap the Frog, Game Store
Google Maps, Hangouts Google, Google+, Play Music, Play Movies, YouTube, Gmail, Books, News & Weather, Photos, Drive, Chrome, Play Store

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lenovo-p2-1.jpg

Stuff sg review (5 stars :eek:)...... http://www.stuff.tv/sg/lenovo
/p2/review

Last edited:

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
best_phone_battery_life_2017.jpg

To measure a smartphone's battery life, we run a continuous video playback test. We made the video file using a handful of scenes from Spider-man 2, encoded to H.264 and looped to epic lengths. We then play back the file and record the sound being outputted from a pair of headphones, allowing us to measure how long the file played for before the battery failed.

In Android, we've always used MX Player for playback, but for Windows and iOS devices, we use the phone's internal video player. We also set the phone to aeroplane mode, turn off any automatic brightness and sleep settings and set the screen brightness to a standardised 170cd/m2.

can play for 28 hours!!!!!! with a 5,100 battery

Don't mind to wait for April launch... been wanting to change my Samsung A5 (1st gen) phone for a long time and been looking around for a smartphone with very good battery life

Last edited:

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
best_phone_battery_life_2017.jpg

To measure a smartphone's battery life, we run a continuous video playback test. We made the video file using a handful of scenes from Spider-man 2, encoded to H.264 and looped to epic lengths. We then play back the file and record the sound being outputted from a pair of headphones, allowing us to measure how long the file played for before the battery failed.

In Android, we've always used MX Player for playback, but for Windows and iOS devices, we use the phone's internal video player. We also set the phone to aeroplane mode, turn off any automatic brightness and sleep settings and set the screen brightness to a standardised 170cd/m2.

can play for 28 hours!!!!!! with a 5,100 battery

Don't mind to wait for April launch... been wanting to change my Samsung A5 (1st gen) phone for a long time and been looking around for a smartphone with very good battery life

They left out Asus phones.. particularly the 5,000 mah Zenfone Max (ZC550KL)

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Correct me if i'm wrong.. most of Lenovo's phone models use MTK processors right?

tc4237

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any updates? its april. i did message their facebook but no replies yet.

tc4237

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
take note there are at least two variants in the market. C72 and A42.

The above export set link is from china, and is the only version with 4gb/64gb. - C72

The others are 3/4gb and 32 gb. - A42

Getting the right one affects ease of updates/installing custom roms. Most are A42.

Also, to note, Nougat is out for P2. But it seems like with every update, there are more issues arising.

Head to the official lenovo P2 forum and read about the issues before buying this phone. Price and battery are attractive. but the inconveniences/bugs leaves much to be desired.

Last edited:

phiber

Master Member
Reaction score
Get the Malaysia export set and not the China export set if you want proper OTAs and lesser problems with GApps.

I used the Lenovo P1 before, and before that, another lenovo crazy battery phone.

The OS is decent and the battery life is insane, but you got to make do with the mediocre camera and slower CPU.
But if all you are after is battery life, then no problem, go for it!

Now i'm using the higher-end battery phones.. like the Vivo Xplay 6 with 4080mah battery, SD820 and better than Samsung camera!
Can try www.ipmart.com.my, they deliver to singapore with malaysia lenovo warranty sets.

Oh, although they might be using SD processers, they are could be using MTK PumpExpress for quickcharging!

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.