Nvidia Shield Gaming Tablet

symbiote28

Reaction score
what is the average charging speed? i noticed mine only went up 10% in a period of 45 mins.

nara_qu

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I just use this tablet for a week and update it to Nougat.
I found that the wifi connection laggy.
I'm using the same wifi point in my apartment with my Redmi Note 3 and Galaxy S7 Edge.
Whenever I use the tablet, sometime it said "No connection available". Even during youtube, it take some time loading the youtube home screen compare with my phone.
I know it's not apple to apple comparison, but to be honest I expect more.
I even check the memory still have lot of free MB.
Anyone having the same problem?

nara_qu

Reaction score
what is the average charging speed? i noticed mine only went up 10% in a period of 45 mins.

Yeah, I'm not sure how long in minutes, but compare with my other devices, I can say it take long time to charge this tablet. Even using Samsung Fast Charger based on my experience.

vieri_best

Reaction score
Any1 knows where can i get the LTE version of this tablet? or anyone having one thinking of letting go please let me know thanks!

vieri_best

Reaction score
what's a reasonable price to pay for the original version that comes with LTE 2nd hand 32GB, what u all think hmm..

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what's a reasonable price to pay for the original version that comes with LTE 2nd hand 32GB, what u all think hmm..

Look for something similar in the market right now, the price shouldn't be more than the newer product.

vieri_best

Reaction score
Look for something similar in the market right now, the price shouldn't be more than the newer product.
I found a 2nd hand one thats going 300+ with controller and the cover, think reasonable? Coz i really want the LTE version. And similar specs new models all cost more.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I found a 2nd hand one thats going 300+ with controller and the cover, think reasonable? Coz i really want the LTE version. And similar specs new models all cost more.

It depends on whether do you mind such an old product ( i.e 2 gb RAM ) ? For instance, Nvidia has already exceed all norm expectations for a 2 year old product by supporting my LTE tablet from 4.4.4 to 7.0 now. Chances of it getting future updates will be even lesser.

If you like what you see now and don't mind ( maybe ) stuck on Nougat then go for it. I know I'm keeping mine until there's an equivalent product on the market.

300+ seems okay. I bought mine in the same year (2014) they released it @ USD 350
Just need to make sure they aren't selling you the ones which were recalled for the battery issue.

Last edited:

vieri_best

Reaction score
Another alternative is to get the new model , then get a portable router for my 4G sim. But the cost will come up to ard $350 oso alamak,, old model will be about there too but double the capacity coz its 32GB. But its 2years old liao hmmm..

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another alternative is to get the new model , then get a portable router for my 4G sim. But the cost will come up to ard $350 oso alamak,, old model will be about there too but double the capacity coz its 32GB. But its 2years old liao hmmm..

Wait after June or July see how it goes loh. I feel this tablet is worth it though.

xolatw

Reaction score
anyone can recommend a cheap matte screen protector? clear one not as smooth, play games finger pain

omfghi2u

Reaction score
got 2 of this tablet collecting dust .
one inside my car one at home
thinking what to do with them

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can just restore and reset mah.
Nope, they release a kill switch in their later updates that will brick the tab that has the affected battery. Anyway don't see the need to update it anyway and i just let my dad use it. Just have to be extra careful when charging. Want to swap battery is possible but very troublesome.

Sent from Samsung SM-G920I using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.