Audio Technica Appreciation Thread

Kamalraj07

Reaction score
Oh yes, I read some reviews online regarding velour saying that the sound quality is affected due to the material of the pads. Is is that obvious? Do you guys have experienced this?

xDragon

Reaction score
Oh yes, I read some reviews online regarding velour saying that the sound quality is affected due to the material of the pads. Is is that obvious? Do you guys have experienced this?

If you buy the leather ones, it shouldn't change much. Even the velour ones should at most change the sound slightly. It has more to do with the thickness and seal of the pads. I'd take velour over leather anyday in SG though hahaha too hot and humid liao

Kamalraj07

Reaction score
Massdrop have velour pads, go check them out, i think still dropping
Wow bro, including shipping the total price of the velour pads is ~$50 SGD.. Is that even normal price? I find it a bit pricey considering they're just pads..

xuan87

Reaction score
Wow bro, including shipping the total price of the velour pads is ~$50 SGD.. Is that even normal price? I find it a bit pricey considering they're just pads..

You can probably get generic pads off Taobao if you don't mind...

I was looking for pads for my portapro at Amazon, and realized I can get generic "leather" and normal ones from Taoabao at under $10.

xDragon

Reaction score

There's nothing worth buying from massdrop once you factor in shipping lol

xuan87

Reaction score
A pair of generic pads (protein leather) from Taobao is about $8. Getting a set for my gf's M50x which is also peeling?

Anyone wants to tongpang? I dunno what is the shipping cost but to give an idea, shipping for a heavy and large mechanical keyboard is only about $10-11.

ruffruff

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where to get the 2.5mm balance cable for the im03? Recently got a dp-x1a and it has a balance port.

pricklepantz

Reaction score
Hi AT fans ... can I ask which one has better sound quality, ATH-CK330iS or ATH-CKX5
Looking for a good value buy for daily use :)
Thanks!

jeaimentvous

Reaction score
LS200 hands down lol unless you sibei love bass. Go try then you'll understand:)

I have to agree. I think the LS200 has the best price to performance ratio as well :p Bought a pair! Anyone knows where I can get replacement cables? Or cable upgrade? My friend bought the HDC213A from Japan but it's not the recommended cable. I mean technically it works but it doesn't have the support to loop it over the ear :(

nwong118

Reaction score
I have to agree. I think the LS200 has the best price to performance ratio as well :p Bought a pair! Anyone knows where I can get replacement cables? Or cable upgrade? My friend bought the HDC213A from Japan but it's not the recommended cable. I mean technically it works but it doesn't have the support to loop it over the ear :(
lotus_audio from carousell. Tell him Justin recommended you.

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

chromehead

Banned
Reaction score
You can probably get generic pads off Taobao if you don't mind...

I was looking for pads for my portapro at Amazon, and realized I can get generic "leather" and normal ones from Taoabao at under $10.

portapro protein pads, i hooted from ebay... same la all tiong sources

$5~6 bucks iirc, but i don't use it much as my portapro frame had a crack liao (think can only fix with AD)

foam ones really waste of time, had 2 pairs kept in storage, when try to put on they cracked. bought the actual koss replacements years back from amazon

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.