To get Nintendo Switch in Japan

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
I am in osaka now and there is a shop that sells the switch, but however they know that it is OOS everywhere so they mark up price to 39000 yen instead of 29000+, which is the product launch price.

Last week i was at tokyo akihabara and also OOS for public but saw them have like 30 boxes of switch but all reserved for people who preordered.

tkte_85

Master Member
Reaction score
Just came back from tokyo. If ur intention is to get switch off e shelves prob no chance as all shops are out of stock. There was a lottery thingy on 26th at sofmap shops to buy e switch, but knowing japanese, they would have prob camped overnight or early morning, so i din go for it. End up the only shop i saw having e switch was selling at 37800yen(tax nt inclusive, 40k+ yen incl) was at Nakano. Even then there was only 1 set available there.
I honestly think even if stocks are coming in April, it will be e same situation as wat it is now, being snapped up in an instant

jibanyan

Reaction score
I am in osaka now and there is a shop that sells the switch, but however they know that it is OOS everywhere so they mark up price to 39000 yen instead of 29000+, which is the product launch price.

Last week i was at tokyo akihabara and also OOS for public but saw them have like 30 boxes of switch but all reserved for people who preordered.
Aww ... that's bad news. Hope they replenish there stock by this week or at least 1st week of April according to some news online.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Seriously, don't risk getting from Japan lah. The Switch thread now so many ppl reported problems (joy con desync, battery depletes, dead pixels, gap between front bezel and back, gets too hot like 70 degrees, wifi dead after firmware update...). Many sent to Maxsoft already. I think well over 20 ppl (or posts) reporting problems there. Even those fanboys who used to say "where got de-sync pblm, i never encounter, stop whining", as though everyone who complained are lying to besmirch his favorite console, now diam diam already, only talk about the tons of overpriced accessories they bought and what other non-zelda games they are scraping up regardless how crappy and overpriced the ports are. Not saying we shld pay the Maxsoft tax, but no warranty can be a concern for this console atm. Perhaps it's a good thing there's no stock in Japan, cos it's probably better to wait a few months for Nintendo to overcome the teething problems and add desperately needed functions (like letting you copy out save files for backup, in case your Switch dies).

ATZW1980

Reaction score
Seriously, don't risk getting from Japan lah. The Switch thread now so many ppl reported problems (joy con desync, battery depletes, dead pixels, gap between front bezel and back, gets too hot like 70 degrees, wifi dead after firmware update...). Many sent to Maxsoft already. I think well over 20 ppl (or posts) reporting problems there. Even those fanboys who used to say "where got de-sync pblm, i never encounter, stop whining", as though everyone who complained are lying to besmirch his favorite console, now diam diam already, only talk about the tons of overpriced accessories they bought and what other non-zelda games they are scraping up regardless how crappy and overpriced the ports are. Not saying we shld pay the Maxsoft tax, but no warranty can be a concern for this console atm. Perhaps it's a good thing there's no stock in Japan, cos it's probably better to wait a few months for Nintendo to overcome the teething problems and add desperately needed functions (like letting you copy out save files for backup, in case your Switch dies).

Best way is to wait for the 3rd batch or 4th batch or atleast the system stable before exporting it on your own risk......

From a production point of view o_o they gonna double the output......

If its only the same amount of production plant.......

We bound to see more faulty unit hahahahaha

Psaakyrn

Reaction score
In front of one of the shops at den den town is a message regarding Nintendo switch happening on 2nd April. Can't translate, but I'm guessing that is related to restocks.

elijin

Reaction score
In front of one of the shops at den den town is a message regarding Nintendo switch happening on 2nd April. Can't translate, but I'm guessing that is related to restocks.

It's a lottery, 10-11am go get a ticket, then 12pm to 4pm check if you won and buy. I tried and didn't win 😭

Psaakyrn

Reaction score
It's a lottery, 10-11am go get a ticket, then 12pm to 4pm check if you won and buy. I tried and didn't win 😭

Thought the 10-11 thing was for pre-orders. :c Ah well, guess I'll just wait for overseas online retailers to restock.

jibanyan

Reaction score
i also bought one in Amazon Japan then have it delivered on our place there ... but got lucky also manage to buy my 2nd in Akihabara. 😁😁😁 it is really gonna be hard to have one this coming months.

BIC camera had a lottery today.

http://www.biccamera.com/bc/c/sale/special/nintendoswitch/order_lottery.jsp?ref=toppage

Realistically I am guessing it will be oos for weeks/months in Japan. I preordered from Amazon UK instead. Quite OK as VAT is discounted and there's global shipping to SG.

xaHshenGx

Reaction score
Lucky lucky found last set in Japan BIC camera but must force buy another 2 accessories. And the auntie never tell me got VISA 5% discount tmd.

jibanyan

Reaction score
Lucky lucky found last set in Japan BIC camera but must force buy another 2 accessories. And the auntie never tell me got VISA 5% discount tmd.

Lucky! you just really need to scan all the big and small shops ... chances are much higher on those small shops. :s13:

ATZW1980

Reaction score
Lucky! you just really need to scan all the big and small shops ... chances are much higher on those small shops. :s13:

Wah sound difficult.... this weekend i going to Akihabara to scout for nintendo amiibo :/

and some game poster, model, figure to pump up my living room LOL.

Other than Akihabara any other good place in Japan tokyo to get Game stuff ???

jibanyan

Reaction score
Wah sound difficult.... this weekend i going to Akihabara to scout for nintendo amiibo :/

and some game poster, model, figure to pump up my living room LOL.

Other than Akihabara any other good place in Japan tokyo to get Game stuff ???

Still here in Japan actually, you can try Shinjuku & Nakano area, last week i scout those small shop there and they have a lots of figure and amiibo that maybe you are looking for. Still waiting for my 3rd NSwitch which i ordered on Nintendo website this morning. Got really lucky this time i managed to finish the payment transaction without hassle. Good Luck on hunting your figures, i think there are still good store in Akiba that sells a lot, just don't hope for a NSwitch. they told me the next batch will come in Apr. 13. :s13: I am also into figure and gundam stuff. :)

ATZW1980

Reaction score
Still here in Japan actually, you can try Shinjuku & Nakano area, last week i scout those small shop there and they have a lots of figure and amiibo that maybe you are looking for. Still waiting for my 3rd NSwitch which i ordered on Nintendo website this morning. Got really lucky this time i managed to finish the payment transaction without hassle. Good Luck on hunting your figures, i think there are still good store in Akiba that sells a lot, just don't hope for a NSwitch. they told me the next batch will come in Apr. 13. :s13: I am also into figure and gundam stuff. :)

No issue i already got a NS :p the only issue there too little amiibo and accessories in SG

qwertified

Reaction score
Don't be surprised that they come up with a "pro" version with a newer chip and changed parts. Nintendo always has the tendency to give their fans the middle finger.

ATZW1980

Reaction score
Don't be surprised that they come up with a "pro" version with a newer chip and changed parts. Nintendo always has the tendency to give their fans the middle finger.

every console give everyone the middle finger :p

PS4 PS4S PS4Pro hahahaha

Xbox one Xbox one S

Noting special is a money making world

micheloving

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Given switch early launch with significant hardware flaws like dock scratch , warping and port placing ,etc........

Switch pro is inevitable , its a matter of if ya willing to wait for its release for 1-2 years minimium .

They might name it switch slim or switch XL :s13:.

Last edited:

ATZW1980

Reaction score
Given switch early launch with significant hardware flaws like dock scratch , warping and port placing ,etc........

Switch pro is inevitable , its a matter of if ya willing to wait for its release for 1-2 years minimium .

They might name it switch slim or switch XL :s13:.

They wont be stupid enough to to announce any replacement model now....

They already bump up their production..... If those get struck on the shelves is like a death sentence for Nintendo......

And not possible for the current announced game......

A upgraded version will most likely come with a new system seller game hahaha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.