Anyone here buy bitcoin? (do not advertise/post referrals/emails)

humph

Reaction score
I've confirmed with both Coinbase and Xfers that the issue is with Coinbase.

This is the latest email reply from Coinbase AFTER they locked me out of my account for no rhyme or reason:

"Hello,

I am very sorry for the delay. This is one of the highest priority issues at the moment, and I have requested an update from our developers. Unfortunately, I do not have a time frame on when it will be resolved, but they are working as quickly as possible to correct this issue.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions in the meantime, please let us know."

It's a standard copy and paste reply that basically says nothing. Didn't even bother to address me personally.

Boltstorm

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does anyone use itbit? Now they only allow fiat withdrawal to USD, does that mean my bank will convert to SGD when it hits my account? Or I can't even transfer to my SGD account?

Soul77

Reaction score
I used fybsg now. Last time used itbit. But now don't support Singapore bank giro and sgd already

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for the warning about Coinbase, never heard anything good about this company anyway.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does anyone use itbit? Now they only allow fiat withdrawal to USD, does that mean my bank will convert to SGD when it hits my account? Or I can't even transfer to my SGD account?

Yea... usually your bank will auto convert inward USD TT to your bank account currency denomination.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually none of them is completely safe.. after all they are not really regulated

fybsg is based in Singapore and you can actually check its address on ACRA and hit up the owner if anything happens.

tarui04

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i have an itbit account too and it seems that way, cannot transfer sgd in or not

knn i got money stuck inside

tarui04

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Convert the sgd to bitcoin and transfer out as bitcoin?

Can but their prices the highest so if i buy there and cash out elsewhere, i will suffer lost. Unless i wait till prices rise

humph

Reaction score
actually none of them is completely safe.. after all they are not really regulated

Coinbase is a regulated Money Services Business under FinCEN (FinCEN.gov) so I'm going to contact FinCEN and see what happens. No high hopes but we'll see.

humph

Reaction score
Can but their prices the highest so if i buy there and cash out elsewhere, i will suffer lost. Unless i wait till prices rise

Bitcoin price is very volatile right now because of a squabble about block size. If you've followed the price trends over the past 2 weeks, buying at itbit when the price dips and then selling elsewhere when the price recovers should protect you from any losses from the spread difference.

Boltstorm

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yah lor I have some money stuck inside. I didn't recall reading any email saying they stop SGD withdrawal knn.

tarui04

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bitcoin price is very volatile right now because of a squabble about block size. If you've followed the price trends over the past 2 weeks, buying at itbit when the price dips and then selling elsewhere when the price recovers should protect you from any losses from the spread difference.

actually i havent been looking at btc for a while.

i used it sometime ago to pay for overseas purchases. saves quite a bit on forex charges

tarui04

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
coinhako jin funny

need to take picture with ic and paper.

they surf too much edmw and reddit ?

Reaction score
For those using Luno,I recently saw a note on their website that they are no longer accepting SGD based transactions after 10th April.

Seems like the SG based bitcoin exchange operators landscape keeps on changing.

Reaction score
I transfer ETH in just to sell them, and never store anything in their account for long, but what was supposed to be an instant sell with immediate cash credit into my Xfers account a week ago turned into "transaction completed" with no credit. So Coinbase took my ETH without paying me and after many delaying tactics (various emails saying "we are looking into it" with no action) from Coinbase they finally closed my account with zero explanation.

Googling the issue I realized many people globally suffered losses at Coinbase in one form or another all around this time, including some from Singapore.

Xfers gave no warning to others about Coinbase despite my emailing Xfers support when it happened to me, so in my opinion Xfers is liable as an accessory.

I will be trying to contact various online media to see which of them are interested to pick up this story to help warn people.

If anyone else had similar issues with Coinbase please feel free to pm me.

That is really a bad experience. I hope you will get to resolve the case eventually. Please update us on your progress.

tarui04

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those using Luno,I recently saw a note on their website that they are no longer accepting SGD based transactions after 10th April.

Seems like the SG based bitcoin exchange operators landscape keeps on changing.

CIMB closing their accounts

they say they getting new ones

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.