Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Football Manager 2017 17.3.1 Hotfix

FOOTBALL MANAGER 2017 - UPDATE 17.3.1
======================================
- Fixed 2 very rare crashes on continue
- Fixed slowdown during processing for certain processors
- Fixed incorrect South American entrant to Club World Championship
- Fixed incorrect teams competing in Rio de Janeiro State Championship play-off final
- Fixed rare cases of players going on holiday too early

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi FM17 brothers,

I am not too sure how many of you still actively plays the game. For me, I still do at least a few games whenever I am back from work not tired and play couple of hours at least if I am not out during my off.

It's been a while since I got this excited for a tactic and a Normal tactic at least.
It seems a very decent 4-3-2-1 tactic at a first look. A CF leading the lines, 2 IF on the wings, an attacking AMC dangerman. In the Mids there's a supporting box to box Mid and a defensive deep lying playmaker. In defence there's 2 ball playing centre backs and on 2 inverted wingbacks on support role.

I had just started a new Liverpool game a week ago and was using a strikerless system which reviews says good but I didn't quite like it. Yes I had won the first four games which I felt defence wasn't so stable. I came across this tactic and heck, it suits lfc players and I plug and played it. There's 3 versions of it, the standard home, counter away and waste time contain.

First game against Man City away I drew 0-0 but I saw how the tactic works and liked what I saw. Match stats similar shots but double target and had 3 ccc. Next was West Brom, won 3-1, 28 shots, 15 on target, 1ccc. Both I used the away counter as they were away games. Third game was an EFL game with sunderland at home and I decided to use my second team which includes a few first teamer which I had on Subs since I started. I forgot to switch to the standard home for this but I won 3-0, 13 shots 7 on target 2 ccc. I thought to myself well for away counter its a decent tactic.

BUT It was the next 2 games that got me excited. I switched to Standard Home. My next 2 home games was against Chelsea and Arsenal.
The Chelsea result was 6-1 with their goal made by a silly Milner backpass mistake. I had 25 shots, 13 on target and 7 ccc. Coutinho had a hattrick.
The Arsenal result was 7-1 with their penalty again given by a Milner mistake.
I had 23 shots, 15 on target and 5 ccc and Sturridge had a hattrick.

It's not everyday that you can beat Chelsea and Arsenal with such score lines even at Home and my tactic isn't even half fluid. This is why I am excited.

I am gonna try using Standard Home against most teams at away games to see what sort of impact I am getting. Reviews from fmbase shows that this set of tactics works even for LLM teams so I think most of you can use it.

This is the link to the fmbase tactic thread if you are after more information
Verherthung (4-2-3-1) HOME & AWAY + WASTE TIME

50C78F2BB62B37E29160FD1660320BACA800B490

8796242CA8D1ED85866809A4F17E4CC665342624

B91AF9755836F9273895DFF438FFA284513D51EC

7D3E9B3BF4C7DE18B028BF84636002BDCB1E4E05

Hope this brings back some game enjoyment for you guys.

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi FM17 brothers,

I am not too sure how many of you still actively plays the game. For me, I still do at least a few games whenever I am back from work not tired and play couple of hours at least if I am not out during my off.

It's been a while since I got this excited for a tactic and a Normal tactic at least.
It seems a very decent 4-3-2-1 tactic at a first look. A CF leading the lines, 2 IF on the wings, an attacking AMC dangerman. In the Mids there's a supporting box to box Mid and a defensive deep lying playmaker. In defence there's 2 ball playing centre backs and on 2 inverted wingbacks on support role.

I had just started a new Liverpool game a week ago and was using a strikerless system which reviews says good but I didn't quite like it. Yes I had won the first four games which I felt defence wasn't so stable. I came across this tactic and heck, it suits lfc players and I plug and played it. There's 3 versions of it, the standard home, counter away and waste time contain.

First game against Man City away I drew 0-0 but I saw how the tactic works and liked what I saw. Match stats similar shots but double target and had 3 ccc. Next was West Brom, won 3-1, 28 shots, 15 on target, 1ccc. Both I used the away counter as they were away games. Third game was an EFL game with sunderland at home and I decided to use my second team which includes a few first teamer which I had on Subs since I started. I forgot to switch to the standard home for this but I won 3-0, 13 shots 7 on target 2 ccc. I thought to myself well for away counter its a decent tactic.

BUT It was the next 2 games that got me excited. I switched to Standard Home. My next 2 home games was against Chelsea and Arsenal.
The Chelsea result was 6-1 with their goal made by a silly Milner backpass mistake. I had 25 shots, 13 on target and 7 ccc. Coutinho had a hattrick.
The Arsenal result was 7-1 with their penalty again given by a Milner mistake.
I had 23 shots, 15 on target and 5 ccc and Sturridge had a hattrick.

It's not everyday that you can beat Chelsea and Arsenal with such score lines even at Home and my tactic isn't even half fluid. This is why I am excited.

I am gonna try using Standard Home against most teams at away games to see what sort of impact I am getting. Reviews from fmbase shows that this set of tactics works even for LLM teams so I think most of you can use it.

This is the link to the fmbase tactic thread if you are after more information
Verherthung (4-2-3-1) HOME & AWAY + WASTE TIME

50C78F2BB62B37E29160FD1660320BACA800B490

8796242CA8D1ED85866809A4F17E4CC665342624

B91AF9755836F9273895DFF438FFA284513D51EC

7D3E9B3BF4C7DE18B028BF84636002BDCB1E4E05

Hope this brings back some game enjoyment for you guys.

I'm still playing haha but slower now... also since the thread moved from edmw, it's really quiet here. Casual players don't come here often, at edmw it gets attention much easily :/

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm still playing haha but slower now... also since the thread moved from edmw, it's really quiet here. Casual players don't come here often, at edmw it gets attention much easily :/

Quite true. I am playing slow too but this tactic is making it more fun and easier to breeze through the games.

One of the better post 17.3.1 tactics to date me thinks.

You tried it yet?

1FCA7283ACD504CE5292D2A8238F400272B72225

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quite true. I am playing slow too but this tactic is making it more fun and easier to breeze through the games.

You tried it yet?

Your results make the tactic look extremely imbalance!

Hahah but I'm not the plug and play kind of player :/ maybe I'll copy abit of the tactic but I nvr much prefer to play this way. I'm actually following Rashidi's guide on fm! Quite cool the way he describes his stuffs. Got one section talks about super systems that suppose to use 1 tactic entire season just changing mentality and shouts. Makes the game more enjoyable for me hahaha.

Side note, quite sad in my current game play. Bought Mateo kovaic for 24m and he was performing so well. Barcelona came and triggered his release clause for 55m and he went. I broke the English record when I paid 100m for dele alli. Think I will fail my fpp. Lol

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Wa courtouis on bench Ah. Wanted to buy him for 100m, but cannot afford his wages lol

Cause fell out with him as i didnt let him move to real madrid. He still have 4 years left, cant give in to him.

For league and fa cup i start costil and bench regen keeper.

UCL no choice only him and costil registered:vijayadmin:

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Actually very spooky :vijayadmin:

Yesterday afternoon or on friday evening.

My chelsea lost at home 1-2 to crystal palace. I took the lead within 2 minutes and palace came back :vijayadmin:

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cause fell out with him as i didnt let him move to real madrid. He still have 4 years left, cant give in to him.

For league and fa cup i start costil and bench regen keeper.

UCL no choice only him and costil registered:vijayadmin:

You leave him out like that got chance he will "come to his senses" and not want to leave ahhh? My butland similar situation. Don't k ow want to put him out of team anot

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
You leave him out like that got chance he will "come to his senses" and not want to leave ahhh? My butland similar situation. Don't k ow want to put him out of team anot

Lol few weeks later he suddenly want to stay liao. I think the team must also be doing well for it to work :s22:

noelnoel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You tried it yet?

Quite stable, especially the away tactic.

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My butland eventually signed a contract extension hahaha. I have a PA 200 goalkeeper coming through the ranks but think it will take at least 3 or 4 seasons to develop him to a certain level. Meantime, butland should be sufficient.

Marcos Acuna, this guy I want to give him contract extension. Even though he happy with the terms and sign , his WP failed. When he first came it got approved but now extension fail. What's more stupid ? He got upset with me cos his WP failed. As if I can do anything like that lol. 3 more months and he can leave for free.

Oh ya, I also letting Shaqiri go. Doesn't fit into my play style lol

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is this the best version? miss this so much lol...

do we still have to download all the graphics due to license?

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is this the best version? miss this so much lol...

do we still have to download all the graphics due to license?

I enjoy every single fm versions so difficult to say if it's the best or not. And yes, facepqcks and club logos still needs to be downloaded seperately.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.