• Total voters

tech_oasis

Reaction score
Used Ipad mainly for:
- surfing web
- watching video
- reading magazine
- email and game (rarely)

Air 2 has anti reflective display while Ipad has brighter screen and more memory.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

yongqin

Reaction score
I'm in such a dilemma too.. However apple store is only selling refurbished air 2 16gb.

Meanwhile, buying the ipad 2017 helps you to stay 1 year ahead as compared to 21's ipad air 2, faster processor for intense game playing, but the loud knocking sound on the screen (because of the non-laminated screen) kinda turns me off :(

Price wise, go for iPad 2017, since it's $498 and some students can get it $50 off, or carousell

BraveCloudy

Banned
Reaction score
if you are looking for 9.7 inch ipad, rather you go with iPad Pro 9.7.

iPad 2017 has A9 chip and iPad Air 2 has only A8X while iPad Pro 9.7 has A9X chip.

The A9 and A8X chip doesn't make much of a difference.

I rather you pay more to get the iPad Pro 9.7 which I am going to get it tonight.

Coless

Reaction score
currently using 10.5 and was using 9.7 pro previously. if you have the moolah, just go ahead and get the 10.5. otherwise, just get the 9.7 pro version.

The 9.7 pro screen is as good as the 10.5. i dont use the apple pencil so i cant tell is there any significant diff.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.