2017 Feb BTO Punggol - Northshore Cove & Waterway Sunrise II

1982-1994

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
but which stacks of cove have balconies? I saw the site plan ,none of the stacks is protruding out like sunrise..

GeraldineT

Reaction score
but which stacks of cove have balconies? I saw the site plan ,none of the stacks is protruding out like sunrise..

That's why need plan
Cause their balcony is inside the hdb itself.
So meaning the one with balcony are 96sqm instead of 93sqm.
And then so their living room has a big window that's able to open kind.
Which is the kind I like. But then the bomb shelter hopefully have those in living room. Cause I don't like those beside toilet.

1982-1994

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
thanks windwaver.

now then I got the meaning of what's 'inside outside'.
forgot the layout plan of cove that the balcony is inside. I prefer outside.

my parents' house (BTO of 2003), bomb shelter is beside the toilet.

cupcakeee

Reaction score
My bf and I can't seem to agree on the stacks we want. We both want a balcony unit at Sunrise - we went down to the area to take a look around and we like how scenic and calming it is.

He prefer stacks 96 or 100 because it is slightly higher (8 storeys) and it has unobstructed views while I prefer stacks 124 or 120. He doesn't like 124 or 120 because of the playground at the bottom so it will be noisy seeing as it's only 6 storeys high. He also thinks that there wouldn't be much privacy if he hangs out at the balcony because of the units opposite at Sunrise I (even though I told him the houses are actually being built at a slant so it's not directly opposite and your neighbours opposite can't really stare into your house).

I'm not a fan of stacks 96 or 100 because I don't like the idea of an eating house on the 1st floor. I'm afraid it will be smelly plus I don't want unwanted "pets" like rats or cockroaches. I think stacks 124 or 120 has a nicer view rather than 96 or 100.

What do you guys think?

GeraldineT

Reaction score
My bf and I can't seem to agree on the stacks we want. We both want a balcony unit at Sunrise - we went down to the area to take a look around and we like how scenic and calming it is.

He prefer stacks 96 or 100 because it is slightly higher (8 storeys) and it has unobstructed views while I prefer stacks 124 or 120. He doesn't like 124 or 120 because of the playground at the bottom so it will be noisy seeing as it's only 6 storeys high. He also thinks that there wouldn't be much privacy if he hangs out at the balcony because of the units opposite at Sunrise I (even though I told him the houses are actually being built at a slant so it's not directly opposite and your neighbours opposite can't really stare into your house).

I'm not a fan of stacks 96 or 100 because I don't like the idea of an eating house on the 1st floor. I'm afraid it will be smelly plus I don't want unwanted "pets" like rats or cockroaches. I think stacks 124 or 120 has a nicer view rather than 96 or 100.

What do you guys think?

What's ur number?

GeraldineT

Reaction score
thanks windwaver.

now then I got the meaning of what's 'inside outside'.
forgot the layout plan of cove that the balcony is inside. I prefer outside.

my parents' house (BTO of 2003), bomb shelter is beside the toilet.

Haha. I prefer inside. Cause then the balcony seem bigger.
We won't clash! Haha

1982-1994

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Geraldine,
as long as there's balcony, I don't really mind in or outside LOL.

cupcakee,

I can't comment on much.
yes I do agree with your bf as it's slightly higher at 8th. and I know that its not facing directly to WS1. I shelve off the idea of choosing stack 96/100
due to the eating house on the 1St floor.

but judging from what you said, since both of you like how scenic and calming it is, why not northshore cove?
because of the chimneys at gudang?

cupcakeee

Reaction score
Geraldine,

cupcakee,

I can't comment on much.
yes I do agree with your bf as it's slightly higher at 8th. and I know that its not facing directly to WS1. I shelve off the idea of choosing stack 96/100

but judging from what you said, since both of you like how scenic and calming it is, why not northshore cove?

Yeah haha, we both can't agree on the same thing so we decided to wait it out once the selection process starts. A bit crazy but I even told him that we should go to a BTO block in Sengkang/Punggol area and go up to the 8th floor to see how it is like :s22:

Wanted Northshore Cove actually and yes you're right, I'm a bit concerned over the chimneys. I don't know whether it will look unsightly but we haven't been to the jetty area to judge for ourselves. Planning to do it soon to see whether we're okay with the view or not. If we are, I think we're happy to take a high floor on stack 159!

GeraldineT

Reaction score
Geraldine,

cupcakee,

I can't comment on much.

Hahahah. I might end up taking northshore given my shitty number
Otherwise maybe just wait see got number for Dakota 3 room anot.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What do you guys think?

Hi cupcakeee, I've had a quick look and this is what I think

96 - NE/E facing (good winds, no west sun), corner service yard, excellent view into Halus and Sungei Serangoon, eating house may be noisy.

100 - Not a fan, I rather take 96 unless 96 is out.

120 - NE facing (good winds, no west sun), corridor service yard, excellent view into Waterway and Sungei Serangoon, ramp at waterway is elevated thus you may have a privacy issue.

124 - NE facing (good winds, no west sun), corridor service yard, excellent view into Waterway and Sungei Serangoon, ramp at waterway is elevated thus you may have a privacy issue, noise from PG.

To me, it's a fight between stacks 96 and 120. Do take note the ramp in front of stacks 120, 122, 124, 126 is elevated and there is plenty of traffic from bicycles and joggers.

cupcakeee

Reaction score
Hahahah. I might end up taking northshore given my shitty number
Otherwise maybe just wait see got number for Dakota 3 room anot.

Hope for the best for you! :)

Have you gone down to the site before? Happy to share my findings here after I go have a 'look see look see' of the area!

cupcakeee

Reaction score
Hi cupcakeee, I've had a quick look and this is what I think

96 - NE/E facing (good winds, no west sun), corner service yard, excellent view into Halus and Sungei Serangoon, eating house may be noisy.

100 - Not a fan, I rather take 96 unless 96 is out.

120 - NE facing (good winds, no west sun), corridor service yard, excellent view into Waterway and Sungei Serangoon, ramp at waterway is elevated thus you may have a privacy issue.

124 - NE facing (good winds, no west sun), corridor service yard, excellent view into Waterway and Sungei Serangoon, ramp at waterway is elevated thus you may have a privacy issue, noise from PG.

To me, it's a fight between stacks 96 and 120. Do take note the ramp in front of stacks 120, 122, 124, 126 is elevated and there is plenty of traffic from bicycles and joggers.

Thank you for this windwaver, it's very helpful! Shared this with my bf and he agrees as well - we're just gonna pray that we can get any of the top two units of those stacks :)

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can advise for northshore cove 5rm, which unit is west sun/east sun?

cupcakeee

Reaction score
sounds like cupakeee has a very good number!

Is Super good number.
Cupcake u have any scheme? Or just first time couple!

No scheme, first time couple so really just beginner's luck haha.

Geraldine, were the chimneys' view ok? I freaked out a little bit when ST posted a photo of the chimneys' flaring from a nearby block. My bf actually wanted Northshore more but I convinced him to go for Sunrise. I'm not particular about the air or whatever "pollution" because I've been staying in Sengkang all my life and we hang out at Punggol a lot also so no issues there.

At the same time, I also feel like since the other Northshore BTO projects on the same coastline were so popular as well, I shouldn't worry so much :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.