Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Announced!

jeffyen2

Reaction score
Do anyone find reading in smartphone better/convienent like Samsung S? / Note ? than kindle?
I heard got some kindle/pdf apps.
Not sure if I after buying Kindle will feel troublesome to carry out 2 devices Kindle and phone, then later Kindle leave one side never touch much.

For long form books/novels, I'd always prefer an eInk Kindle.

If your books are in pdf format, then a tablet would probably be more appropriate.

jeffyen2

Reaction score
What is epubs? Is kindle book epubs? Do kindle book give pdf version?

Think of epubs as a 'type' of ebooks that can be read by ebook reader software. Kindle doesn't accept epubs natively, but an epub can be 'transformed' into the kindle format using a software such as Calibre or Amazon's Kindle Previewer.

Kindle reads pdfs, yes, but it's usually not an ideal situation due to its relatively smaller screen size.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
I heard kindle reader can highlight the ebook/pdf, does it auto save the text that I highlight?
After highlight save already can undo?

Wondering is there something that can extract all the text I highlighted then put them into a page?

jeffyen2

Reaction score
I heard kindle reader can highlight the ebook/pdf, [1]does it auto save the text that I highlight?
[2]After highlight save already can undo?

[3]Wondering is there something that can extract all the text I highlighted then put them into a page?

[1]yes
[2]yes
[3]it is automatically 'extracted' and displayed when you log into https://kindle.amazon.com/your_highlights

angelmiao

Reaction score
Just to check

My hubby bought me kindle paperwhite in 2015. Have been using it except few months back i was busy hence no time to read. 2 days ago i charge my kindle full battery. This morning I plan to bring it out for reading, to my horror the battery drop like left one quarter. Anyone encounter the same problem? :( :(

hnzfaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to check

My hubby bought me kindle paperwhite in 2015. Have been using it except few months back i was busy hence no time to read. 2 days ago i charge my kindle full battery. This morning I plan to bring it out for reading, to my horror the battery drop like left one quarter. Anyone encounter the same problem? :( :(

The main reason for heavy battery usage is the internal indexing that goes on even when the device is sleeping. Usually if the files are properly formatted, the battery drainage will stop after indexing is done. Have you added some new files to the paperwhite? If so there's nothing to worry. :)

angelmiao

Reaction score
Just saw ur reply.
Yup i ytd did reset on the kindle and removed some of my older book. Might be the format like what you mentiones. Battery seems back to normal :)

The main reason for heavy battery usage is the internal indexing that goes on even when the device is sleeping. Usually if the files are properly formatted, the battery drainage will stop after indexing is done. Have you added some new files to the paperwhite? If so there's nothing to worry. :)

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried using a local credit card to top up gift card recently over vpn using a windows desktop pc

My cards kept getting rejected when topping up gift card. but when I purchase the kindle books direct using the card it works

Sent from Sony E6883 using GAGT

happily1986

Reaction score
Actually i am interested in getting an e ink reader to read PDFs. Does the Kindle 8 basic or paperweight come with native text reflow function? Not advisable to use the reader to read the PDF directly like that?

jeffyen2

Reaction score
Actually i am interested in getting an e ink reader to read PDFs. Does the Kindle 8 basic or paperweight come with native text reflow function? Not advisable to use the reader to read the PDF directly like that?

You can't reflow PDFs (which is the point of PDFs; it shouldn't be reflowed.)

I won't recommend a Kindle for PDFs. A device with a larger screen size would probably be more suitable.

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all

planning to get a kindle paperwhite from lazada

any reviews on this supplier geekbite?

how do I know the kindle is with ads or without ads?

TIA

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.