DDR4 issue

suntanoi1983

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

DIY a desktop PC recently and managed to enable profile 1 on my Gigabyte Z270-HD3P mobo, Frequence in BIOs is displaying correctly - 3200 Mhz.

Downloaded CPU-Z and frequency is correctly displaying 1600 Mhz too.

However, under Windows 10 - Task Manager - "Performance" tab, the memory speed is only showing 2133 Mhz. Can't live with my obsessive–compulsive disorder but to make this value right.

Really need your kind advice on what to do in this scenario, please.

Thanks a lot, much appreciation!

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe u can also state which ram are u using? so many 3200Mhz in the market as well.

Psycovirus

Reaction score
purpose of coming here to seek advice was because my trust on the pros around.

Task Manager is not a monitoring software. Your RAM is running at rated speeds and there is no issue.

Some bios's dont like to work with task manager therefore it reports the default ram speed from the ram module JEDEC information and not the actual activated XMP Profile.

1. Go and bug Microsoft to fix their Task Manager.

2. Take some medication to suppress your OCD

3. Buy new Motherboard that sends correct information to Task Manager

4. Best and cheapest option, ignore Task Manager RAM values

Last edited:

suntanoi1983

Reaction score
Task Manager is not a monitoring software. Your RAM is running at rated speeds and there is no issue.

Some bios's dont like to work with task manager therefore it reports the default ram speed from the ram module JEDEC information and not the actual activated XMP Profile.

1. Go and bug Microsoft to fix their Task Manager.

2. Take some medication to suppress your OCD

3. Buy new Motherboard that sends correct information to Task Manager

4. Best and cheapest option, ignore Task Manager RAM values

hahaha... thanks bro.

shiroyuki03

Reaction score

suntanoi1983

Reaction score
I understand your pain bro. i have experienced that too. I am currently using corsair vengeance lpx ddr 2800mhz 4x4GB. In bios, it detects as 2800mhz, but in task manager, it shows as 2400mhz. you can refer to my post. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/curious-about-ram-frequency-5589148.html
though there are some users who feedback that they managed to see the actual speed in their task manager.

thanks for the reply and highlight at your post. After reading everything, to break it down, what did u do to get 2400?

hlots123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I understand your pain bro. i have experienced that too. I am currently using corsair vengeance lpx ddr 2800mhz 4x4GB. In bios, it detects as 2800mhz, but in task manager, it shows as 2400mhz. you can refer to my post. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/curious-about-ram-frequency-5589148.html
though there are some users who feedback that they managed to see the actual speed in their task manager.
ur case abit different - both cpuz and task mgr show 2133 instead of 2800
then somehow task mgr change its report to 2400

shiroyuki03

Reaction score
thanks for the reply and highlight at your post. After reading everything, to break it down, what did u do to get 2400?

i believe i did went to bios and made sure that the speed settings are saved. cant rmb exactly what i did too.. if i recall i will let you know?

shiroyuki03

Reaction score
ur case abit different - both cpuz and task mgr show 2133 instead of 2800
then somehow task mgr change its report to 2400

after i did some changes, i think it reflects the changes.. but not the task manager.. i will go back and run the cpuz one more time..

suntanoi1983

Reaction score
i believe i did went to bios and made sure that the speed settings are saved. cant rmb exactly what i did too.. if i recall i will let you know?

yeh, buzz me a private msg, thanks.

Anyway, bro Psycovirus answered in the most pro and accurate way as he could I believe, haha! And, I trust on whatever advice he had tossed. :D

Psycovirus

Reaction score
yeh, buzz me a private msg, thanks.

Anyway, bro Psycovirus answered in the most pro and accurate way as he could I believe, haha! And, I trust on whatever advice he had tossed. :D

Thanks, I just googled "Task Manager inaccurate Ram speed" and found many having same issue since around December 2016.

I saw Microsoft Rep mention it will be fixed in major update in 2017...

Try updating your Windows 10 to Creators Update... Good luck

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.